LaraX?

Rowan Amore

3 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Just got the laraX update today I guess I'll keep 2 versions of my naked avi, one with the old bod and one with the new and switch back and forth depending on the clothing I want to wear. 

I guess that's what everyone else is doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original lara bod, it's great and so is so much of the clothing made for it. 

Myself, with the new body and having the older body as well.. I'm really just thinking  of packing away my other brand of bodies and just keeping both laras out..

I'm loving the new body and have so much good things for the older body.. Everything I have gotten for the other bodies, I pretty much have a Maitreya version for.. So just to save on the inventory space and because I really just feel more at home in either of the Laras. I think I'll just be sticking with these two from now on..

I've been spending way too much money spreading things around  between like 4 bodies.. hehehe

I just have no desire anymore for the others..

• Like 3

I wore Lara X from the moment it came out. Then I got an advent gift I just HAD to wear, so I dragged 5.3 out again.  

When I wore 5.3 before I could ignore the shoulders/arms.  Now I can't.  5.3's shoulders/arms are so jagged.  Luckily the advent gift covered up most of the ugly.

And for all the fussbudgets who claim X can't go slim/skinny, it's not that hard to shape X down to model skinny. You just have to do more than tinker with the butt size alone.  I was listening to group chatter today, and some people just whined that X is "fat."     

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Just got the laraX update today I guess I'll keep 2 versions of my naked avi, one with the old bod and one with the new and switch back and forth depending on the clothing I want to wear. 

I guess that's what everyone else is doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original lara bod, it's great and so is so much of the clothing made for it. 

I can appreciate and understand others having interest in the new body. Finally having had a chance to try it out, I still don't.

It is great to hear others wanting to go back and forth between the two. I think that is a positive thing! Maitreya deserves continued success.

If people like the new LaraX, if they like both or if they will be sticking with the original. It is all acceptable and great. I've never understood why some get so upset about a personal choice they have nothing to do with.

• Like 8

Whilst I am still wearing Lara Petite, as well as LaraX Petite,  I am not buying any more non-X clothes.  That isn't to say I am throwing all the nice stuff I've collected, or any new gifts, just not shelling out.  The really good thing to come out of all this is that even Lara Petite is a body in it's own right, and I don't have to fear something 'stealing' the 'chest' mount point (and making those huge boobs show). 

• Like 2

I am amassing a solid collection of clothing for LaraX.  I am sticking with a classic, understated, but still sexy style.  As some of the designers I frequent update clothing pieces, I already have to include LaraX,  I will delete the Lara 5.3 size.  I will not just delete my whole inventory of Lara 5.3 items.  That's roughly 15,000+ different pieces.  Some will never be replicated. I would be off my rocker to even consider it, but no longer will I be buying 5.3.  I can see myself wearing both bodies for quite some time to come.  

• Like 4

On 12/24/2023 at 5:38 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

So just to save on the inventory space and because I really just feel more at home in either of the Laras. I think I'll just be sticking with these two from now on..

I honestly think this makes the most sense. Ive done the same. theres only so much stuff you need in sl (and rl) to make you happy. 

• Like 2

I'm very happy with my Petite X and have enough clothing that I haven't needed to switch back to 5.3. I don't see myself switching back and forth, even though I could easily do that. It's been nice to organize clothing in an X folder, and I'm planning on deleting my Petite stuff. Since I've been using my Wardrobe, it would be easy to delete just that one folder. As for anything else I haven't bothered to enter in My Wardrobe, I have no idea what that is. I'm down to 88,000 items, and half of it I have no idea what they are. I have all the no copy items in one folder. Some of the stuff I remember buying because I saw them on sale. So to me, it's a no-brainer to delete most of my inventory and start fresh. Most of the time, I'll be able to get a redelivery.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 11:44 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I wore Lara X from the moment it came out. Then I got an advent gift I just HAD to wear, so I dragged 5.3 out again.  

When I wore 5.3 before I could ignore the shoulders/arms.  Now I can't.  5.3's shoulders/arms are so jagged.  Luckily the advent gift covered up most of the ugly.

And for all the fussbudgets who claim X can't go slim/skinny, it's not that hard to shape X down to model skinny. You just have to do more than tinker with the butt size alone.  I was listening to group chatter today, and some people just whined that X is "fat."     

I made a new "9 heads" shape that is not based on the realistic 7.5 heads shape. I made the shape deliberatly longer and thinner. I could still be much slimmer, but I stopped here. (The ruler is there to show how many heads the shape is, not that I am 9 m tall. I am 1,85 m tall)

It is a versatile body, I think. It goes easy between slim and curvy, it can be both.

model shape_002 small.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Yeah, frankly unbelievable, first complaining that you can't do curvy with the Lara V5.3 and when the update let you do it, it isn't good either. The "you's" aren't personal meant.

That's just the other side of the spectrum is all.. The ones that weren't asking for those things, that or like me in the first five seconds because of fearing change and in love with the older body.... just getting it on and doing quick touches and not liking what I was seeing, then speaking about it.. LOL

Of course when I finally had time to mess with the sliders and seen what I could do with it, I fell in love again.. hehehe

Plus there is just a lot more people nowadays that don't make their own shapes or are that good with the sliders to really know what a body can and can't do..

Honestly, I think a lot of people still see this more as an update than a new body because of it having the same name..I really feel that  if they would have just named the body Ceka X, I think the world would be a better place and there wouldn't be so much hostility towards the Lara X..

hehehe

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think people who want a very curvy avatar had left Maitreya long before LaraX and got Reborn. Those who stayed with Maitreya, do not want that Reborn look.

They did not ask for the new body. Maybe they feel a bit frustrated when they see some creators drop Lara 5.3. It may not be so easy for them, to slim down the X body and get it as they want. I can easy adjust the body and love the improved neck and the other areas. The improvements is worth it for me.

Those who got Reborn already, I doubt many will drop it and use X. Reborn has all those add-ons that they can't use with LaraX.

As I see LaraX, she is a medium size body. For those who want to be slim, but not look starved. It suits me well.

According to BonnieBots, LaraX is not rising fast. It was a jump up to 1000 bodies in use, and it is not increasing. Going down a bit, maybe 100-200 people were trying it on and put it away.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think people who want a very curvy avatar had left Maitreya long before LaraX and got Reborn. Those who stayed with Maitreya, do not want that Reborn look.

QFT.  Many people who stayed with Maitreya all these years and never switched bodies were very happy with Lara the way it is.  That goes for me as well.  I don't want anything curvier and I don't want to have to stretch out my avatar to eliminate those extra curves.  Lara suits me just fine and unless the avatar is nearly naked most people will not even notice what's Lara or LaraX anyway.

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

They did not ask for the new body. Maybe they feel a bit frustrated when they see some creators drop Lara 5.3.

When LaraX was announced, we received the first details and I realised it was not going to suit me I also quickly realised that I was OK with that and just cut my spending accordingly.  It will not make me suffer at all.  It'll just mean I have to bring less funds into SL overall and gain back the time I would have spent shopping.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

QFT.  Many people who stayed with Maitreya all these years and never switched bodies were very happy with Lara the way it is.  That goes for me as well.  I don't want anything curvier and I don't want to have to stretch out my avatar to eliminate those extra curves.  Lara suits me just fine and unless the avatar is nearly naked most people will not even notice what's Lara or LaraX anyway.

When LaraX was announced, we received the first details and I realised it was not going to suit me I also quickly realised that I was OK with that and just cut my spending accordingly.  It will not make me suffer at all.  It'll just mean I have to bring less funds into SL overall and gain back the time I would have spent shopping.

Honestly, not much new is getting made for either body at the moment, mostly rehashes.. If you've been buying things for Maitreya 5.3 all these years, you're not going to find a lot of new original mesh and more or less see more rehashes than anything of the older content..

In a world where creators can create their own mesh, We sure as hell have a crap load of rehashes in the so called fresh market.. hehehe

Going to an event is like hitting fast food chain alley with a few originals mixed in there.. The MP is loaded with more of the same and flickr.. omg  it's almost the same things showing up in each bodies flickrs..

They could shut down production right now for the 5.3 body and LaraX would still never catch up for 20 years on the original content made for the lara 5.3..  there is so many things that just don't get created anymore.. so many little touches that made such differences..

You didn't have to go bankrupt putting one outfit together either.. A lot of the time outfits came with everything.. lol

The least of 5.3's problems is content.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, not much new is getting made for either body at the moment.. If you've been buying things for Maitreya 5.3 all these years, you're not going to find a lot of new original mesh and more or less see more rehashes than anything of the older content..

In a world where creators can create their own mesh, We sure as hell have a crap load of rehashes in the so called fresh market.. hehehe

Going to an event is like hitting fast food chain alley with a few originals mixed in there.. The MP is loaded with more of the same and flickr.. omg  it's almost the same things showing up in each bodies flickrs..

They could shut down production right now for the 5.3 body and LaraX would still never catch up for 20 years on the original content made for the lara 5.3..  there is so many things that just don't get created anymore.. so many little touches that made such differences..

You didn't have to go bankrupt putting one outfit together either.. A lot of the time outfits them came with everything.. lol

The least of 5.3's problems is content.. hehehe

I agree totally with you on this.

I think for those of us who've been bitten by the shopping bug so hard and for so long, there comes an initial moment of existential panic at the thought of not doing that anymore which I'm sure is relied upon to make sure people move forward but when that moment passes you realise that you don't have to climb aboard every bandwagon just because it pulled into the station and it really will be alright in the end.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, not much new is getting made for either body at the moment, mostly rehashes.. If you've been buying things for Maitreya 5.3 all these years, you're not going to find a lot of new original mesh and more or less see more rehashes than anything of the older content..

And that there is my issue at the moment, regardless of whether I want to try my new Lara X or not.  I've purchased a grand total of 4 items of clothing this year, simply because I'm not seeing anything being released that appeals to me, a trend that actually started years ago.

Most of my favourite clothing is 2 or more years old, so at this point, my Lara X is likely to go unused, not because I don't like it, but simply cause it's very unlikely that i will be able to build up any kind of decent wardrobe for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

And that there is my issue at the moment, regardless of whether I want to try my new Lara X or not.  I've purchased a grand total of 4 items of clothing this year, simply because I'm not seeing anything being released that appeals to me, a trend that actually started years ago.

Most of my favourite clothing is 2 or more years old, so at this point, my Lara X is likely to go unused, not because I don't like it, but simply cause it's very unlikely that i will be able to build up any kind of decent wardrobe for it.

I've been fortunate to find things that I like for mine, plus finding updates which is nice..

I see no reason to force change..It's still early being a little over the first month since that body came out.. Just take your time and if something sparks go for it or not.. I'm really in no rush myself and want to find the good stuff.. We owe it to ourselves and deserve to be picky..:)

• Like 1

I put LaraX on my alt and honestly I don't really think it looks that great.  You can't really tell the difference when you are wearing the clothes which version you are wearing. I'm certainly not going to be chucking my Maitreya body for the new Lara X.  I admit it does look a bit better in lingerie but that would all I would be using it for. The differences are just too subtle for me to throw thousands of dollars down the drain for a new body.

21 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

The differences are just too subtle for me to throw thousands of dollars down the drain

No need to do that, neither do I. I'll switch to LaraX when there is only new clothes made for her instead of the 5.3 and it gets complicated to make a nice look. 

What I do is updating bought clothes to the LaraX. But there is way less support than for the Reborn body. I got tons of updated clothes for free pretty fast, that's not happening now for the LaraX. 

2 hours ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

I put LaraX on my alt and honestly I don't really think it looks that great.  You can't really tell the difference when you are wearing the clothes which version you are wearing. I'm certainly not going to be chucking my Maitreya body for the new Lara X.  I admit it does look a bit better in lingerie but that would all I would be using it for. The differences are just too subtle for me to throw thousands of dollars down the drain for a new body.

I think when you jump from one body to the next with the same shape you'll see that.. it's when you start to mess with the sliders and going those places that the other body can't without  it stressing the mesh.. that's when you really see the differences..

With 5.3 and the butt,, there is a certain point where if you go too far it will start to look more triangle.. Then also with the hips, since I'm a shorter avatar, I notice the ledge that used to be in the hips is also gone now and smoothed over.. in the 5.3  it was a jagged spot right in my hips..

If you aren't really looking to work the mesh in those areas where things stress on the 5.3 ,then i think they will look more similar for sure.. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

No need to do that, neither do I. I'll switch to LaraX when there is only new clothes made for her instead of the 5.3 and it gets complicated to make a nice look. 

What I do is updating bought clothes to the LaraX. But there is way less support than for the Reborn body. I got tons of updated clothes for free pretty fast, that's not happening now for the LaraX. 

You must not have gotten your body when Reborn first came out.. Because Reborn didn't really gain popularity until the addons started to come out for it which was a few month after the body came out..once It gained popularity is when it really took off showing up more and more and more things getting updated for it.. They had a lot of creators out of the gate, but it was the squishes bewbs and thighes that lit the fire under it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You must not have gotten your body when Reborn first came out.. Because Reborn didn't really gain popularity until the addons started to come out for it which was a few month after the body came out..once It gained popularity is when it really took off showing up more and more and more things getting updated for it.. They had a lot of creators out of the gate, but it was the squishes bewbs and thighes that lit the fire under it..

Hmmm, could be true. In fact I don't know when I got the Reborn and went through all shops to see if there are updates. So this time it feels different ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Hmmm, could be true. In fact I don't know when I got the Reborn and went through all shops to see if there are updates. So this time it feels different ;)

Ya Reborn I believe became two years old this past October.. It's first year most of it's content wasn't really that wide of variety and kind of still in that real slinky phase of clothes that we see with a lot of the new bodies that come out..  If it wasn't for all those addons and deformers and The V's, it wouldn't be anywhere near where it is now in popularity.. Once those started to come out, you could see a direct impact on it's climb in the list of wearers.. When that happens, Wearers start making those requests to their favorite creators..

Now it's been spreading into a wider variety of communities just like Lara did, which that's great to see it doing so well.. I love that body as well and have all it's addons and deformers..

It would be nice to see if Lara X gets any made for it in the future..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...