LaraX?

Rowan Amore

24 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Still barely anything out there for this body. Goes to show even Maitreya can't push out a body with no marketing or events these days and expect success...

What kinds of things are you looking for?

It's pretty much showing up  in a lot of the vendors at the events and starting to show in the weekend sales pretty good.. It's only been a month and a half  so far that it's been out and picking up steam pretty good..

Plus it's getting a lot more variety of clothing than many of the other bodies have gotten in the past this early on.. Most get stuck in that slinky phase for awhile or forever..

For me the growing pains have been much smoother than most bodies I've gotten in the last few years..

I just picked up these pants this morning from Level 10 from AsteroidBox, which I really love the texturing they did with them..:)

53458389732_728a256e8b_k.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Still barely anything out there for this body. Goes to show even Maitreya can't push out a body with no marketing or events these days and expect success...

Theresa Tennyson sighs...

You literally had to go past the "Updated Items" thread to bump this one.

• Thanks 1

I'm picking up clothes for LaraX from the MP, and my favorite shops (like Le'La and Carol's Store) give me plenty to work with. Smaller stores like RoRo are adding LaraX clothing to their lineup. (Heck, the RoRo owner initially said he wouldn't update anything... but LaraX is such a nice update to work with from a creator's view I'd imagine.)

I'm not one of those folks that have stopped using 5.3, I'm still buying outfits for it. Many of the freebies are still on 5.3 ATM, but more of them are appearing in LaraX form. Basically, I'm using both and the fragmentation doesn't bother me. I'm used to it, it's like dual booting between using Windows 11 and Linux on my PC (in a sense).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

That's true for some I guess, but I've made the jump full time to LaraX because I'm looking for only the faves/best of my styles and not to replace everything in my wardrobe. My goal over time is to replace the 10-15% of my clothes that are in my Faves folders in each category, not everything in the category.

For example, I have about 150 dress outfits in a top level Outfits folder called Dresses ... about 20 of those are in a sub-folder called Favourites, 10 in a sub-folder called Club, and the remaining 120 in a sub-folder called Regular. I'll be replacing/updating the 20 in Favourites plus some number of the Club dresses, and have not found any need to really have more than 25-or-so X dresses. I never wear the other 120 Regular ones anymore because my tastes changed and got better as I found more of the quality retailers, instead of just trying to buy everything I saw. Saves money and I try now not to buy stuff I rarely wear or are only so-so on. If I have 20 great dresses, 20 casual outfits, do I need much more?

Same goes for Formal outfits, Lingerie outfits, Casual outfits, Workout, Swim, etc.

Since LaraX has come out I've managed to find at least enough Casual and Dresses that are quality/timeless enough swap fully over to that body. Yes, I'm lacking a lot of Lingerie options (I prefer elegant/classic/vintage to the booty stuff at Kink events) and most of the Formal dresses I've seen I've passed on because again, sleek and elegant haven't shown up much, but they are coming. Some of my fave places have only released a small handful of outfits, and being pickier now, I may only grab one of five they may have released.

But they are coming. Slowly. If I could just get Mimikri and a few of the slim, elegant gowns from Just Because to get going, I'd be even happier. And lingerie, please!

However, if you're not as picky as I am, there are a 1,700 dresses for LaraX now, 1,000 tops, 1,300 outfits, and nearly 700 bottoms available. That's not "still barely anything" in my mind.

PS. One of the coolest things though is having found new, amazing clothing stores. ISON, for example, wasn't even on my radar before LaraX and now I have several of Harry's outfits because his classic modern timeless design seriously rocks. The other thing is that I'm seeing way more support for Petite X.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

I wouldn't say "barely anything." There's a lot showing up for the body, but nothing I'd personally wear. I have one gown so far. 👀

Mod support isn't looking too hot, though. AP updated the Boldy Bops and accessories for LaraX, but I don't think the Feety Peets, Hoofy Toes, or Faux Paws are done yet. Zii's pretty good about updates, though, so I'm not concerned. It's my non-furry mods I'm worried about.

• Like 2

If I buy anything new I am only buying things that are Maitreya AND Lara X.  In no way do I plan on replacing my entire inventory of clothes for a body that isn't really that much different. 

I think it would be a huge mistake for creators to dump Maitreya and only rig for Lara X

Edited by Sam Bellisserian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Theresa Tennyson sighs...

You literally had to go past the "Updated Items" thread to bump this one.

That doesn't even account for ALL LaraX just updates.  I'm sure it has a little.of.both but I've seen X at almost every event I've been to.recently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been seeing a lot of X also. It helps that a lot of designers I personally like have picked it up. Something comes out and I would have bought it in 5.3 too, but hey, it's X, sweet! I'm not tossing my 5.3 wardrobe either; I'm switching between bodies on the regular.

• Like 3

Has the V been updated yet? I haven't been keeping track.

2024 year of Lara X I suppose, I've built up a small wardrobe already and I'm seeing LaraX stuff appear in weekend sales which is good but the rest of the ecosystem will presumably fall into place shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen several LaraX items in the Saturday Sale gallery this morning. 

Asteroid Box, Blackstone, Buxom, FashionablyDead, Insanya, KC Couture, Klubb, L&BSwear, Lithium, Pink Cream Pie, Psycho Barbie, Rosary, Thalia Heckroth, Yami Yurei...and I'm sure more, but my eyes aren't good enough to see those on the Vendor pics without checking in person. That's an increase, right there, over last week, which was more than the week before. 

I don't use LaraX on Shiloh at this time, she still wears Legacy, but I use it on my other account, and I'm acquiring a pretty decent wardrobe...a little more each week...just through the Weekend Sales so far.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

2024 year of Lara X I suppose, I've built up a small wardrobe already and I'm seeing LaraX stuff appear in weekend sales which is good but the rest of the ecosystem will presumably fall into place shortly.

I'm not in the Session Discord or in-world group, but according to someone in the Maitreya Discord back in December, Session is working on the V and they estimate it'll be about a month. Won't be a free update, will be a brand new paid product, but there will be a short promo period where you'll get a 50% refund for leaving a review on the MP.

VAW is working on an update, no ETA, and that will likely be free.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Ya session V is pretty close now..At the start they said two months, then it went to one or two months.. Then went to around a month.. hehehe

It's almost two months now and they recently said it was close and they'll be sending out notices when it's ready, but should be soon..

The discount for review will go on for two weeks, which they do for every V..

The booths are filling up in the events with Lara X, plus I'm noticing a lot of Petite X as well.. just about everything I've gotten has a petite version in there as well.. So that's nice to see. :)

Maitreya has another item updated.. it's one of their bikini's, Alma I think is it's name.. It's right there to the left as you walk into the store from the left side entrance..

Once they finish the Flat X they are going to be updating more of the Maitreya store items.. I guess the Flat  X is top priority for them at the moment.. That will be nice.. I can't wait for the kimono and the Rompers to be updated.. They have the nicest rompers. :)

• Like 1

I'm happy that Valentina E. is rigging for LaraX. I love her clothes. Her clothes fit Persephone's more modest style, but didn't fit her Freya body shape. I saw that I missed a lovely sweater and knit skirt set on the last $L 60 weekend sale though, so now I'm subscribed so I won't miss another deal like that.

Bumblebee has some LaraX clothes, but some vendors can use their gift card credit and some can't. Their lucky letter outfits are mostly not for LaraX of course, but the thigh high boots are. I wonder if they were actually rigged for LaraX or the old Maitreya size fit ok, so the owner just slapped a LaraX label on them?

Blueberry started rigging for LaraX, but my old outfits haven't been updated for it.  😥 My boots fit fine, and their high waisted jeans can work with either Maitreya or Legacy sizes, but only some of my tops still work. The problem with matching jeans with boots is always that the jeans might break through the boots unless they're for the same outfit. I also refused to buy anything from their winter sale of old bargain outfits because I'm only buying LaraX now, but I should have bought the Power Play boots for Alycia, because those are awesome. (3 styles and flat or heels all in one pack)

My alts, Alycia & Tasha, are thin enough that they can usually still wear Maitreya sized jeans. Persephone generally has to wear Legacy on her LaraX body. The upside of that, is that the autohide doesn't go crazy, like it does with original Maitreya clothes on a LaraX body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

just about everything I've gotten has a petite version in there as well.. So that's nice to see.

Yes that is nice to see, really don't know what went wrong with the release of Petite 5.3 but it seemed a lot of people just did not have the dev kit. Hopefully with X they have made sure if they have Lara X they have Lara X Petite.

To this day a lot of stuff seems to come out with no Petite size for 5.3 but a whole lot less at least.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm happy that Valentina E. is rigging for LaraX. I love her clothes. Her clothes fit Persephone's more modest style, but didn't fit her Freya body shape. I saw that I missed a lovely sweater and knit skirt set on the last $L 60 weekend sale though, so now I'm subscribed so I won't miss another deal like that.

Bumblebee has some LaraX clothes, but some vendors can use their gift card credit and some can't. Their lucky letter outfits are mostly not for LaraX of course, but the thigh high boots are. I wonder if they were actually rigged for LaraX or the old Maitreya size fit ok, so the owner just slapped a LaraX label on them?

Blueberry started rigging for LaraX, but my old outfits haven't been updated for it.  😥 My boots fit fine, and their high waisted jeans can work with either Maitreya or Legacy sizes, but only some of my tops still work. The problem with matching jeans with boots is always that the jeans might break through the boots unless they're for the same outfit. I also refused to buy anything from their winter sale of old bargain outfits because I'm only buying LaraX now, but I should have bought the Power Play boots for Alycia, because those are awesome. (3 styles and flat or heels all in one pack)

My alts, Alycia & Tasha, are thin enough that they can usually still wear Maitreya sized jeans. Persephone generally has to wear Legacy on her LaraX body. The upside of that, is that the autohide doesn't go crazy, like it does with original Maitreya clothes on a LaraX body.

Friday had some very nice boots for Lara X out in FLF... or maybe it was Saturday Sale. Last weekend though. 'Quinn' boots.

I put them into storage, they fit 5.3 as well but not when wearing (also Friday) 5.3 socks under them, their boots are great though since they seem to ensure their socks fit under them.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

>:|

Ya, it's not free because they have to make it a new product because of the different rigging in that area of the new body..

If they actually made it an update rather than a new product, it would end up cutting off the 5.3 users to the V then..

The gnashing of 5.3 users teeth, would be heard around the world!! \o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, it's not free because they have to make it a new product because of the different rigging in that area of the new body..

If they actually made it an update rather than a new product, it would end up cutting off the 5.3 users to the V then..

The gnashing of 5.3 users teeth, would be heard around the world!! \o/

hehehe

That's true, VajayjayX will have to be a completely separate product. I'm poor though :(

• Sad 1

On 1/12/2024 at 1:38 PM, Cinos Field said:

What clothing exactly are you wearing? If you're in the furry community, it will take some time for the creators in that community to create for it. If you're talking about regular hooman type clothing and you aren't seeing anything, you're not looking (or trolling). Weekend and monthly events are loaded with Lara X and Petite X items in all kinds of styles from prim & proper to hooker chic. 

Maitreya doesn't need a specific Maitreya event because it's an established brand.  With 7,520 avatars wearing 5.3 as per the BB bot site, they don't need marketing. Lara X is at 1,052.  716 avatars are still wearing Lara 4.1, even though that's an easy free update to either 5.3 or X.   I don't feel like doing the math, but avatars wearing any version of Maitreya obviously are upwards of 9000+. Even Reborn wasn't built in a minute, and they DID have to have an event to build up their customer base. 

Edited by Lysistrata Szapira
grammar
  • Like 2

I do tend to agree with Cinos, depending on the style(s) in question. Sure, you can find plenty of jeans and tops and dresses and whatever in LaraX, but I'm still waiting for my favorite stores to pick it up (if they will at all). As of yet, I have not seen a ton updated in the techwear, fantasy (mermaid wear, armor, leather gear, robes, cloaks, furs, blah blah), cyberpunk, steampunk, futuristic, period fashion, evening wear (seen a few - more may be coming soon), or costume realms. I'm sure that'll change at some point, and some of those markets tend to be a bit slower to pick up bodies in general, but we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I do tend to agree with Cinos, depending on the style(s) in question. Sure, you can find plenty of jeans and tops and dresses and whatever in LaraX, but I'm still waiting for my favorite stores to pick it up (if they will at all). As of yet, I have not seen a ton updated in the techwear, fantasy (mermaid wear, armor, leather gear, robes, cloaks, furs, blah blah), cyberpunk, steampunk, futuristic, period fashion, evening wear (seen a few - more may be coming soon), or costume realms. I'm sure that'll change at some point, and some of those markets tend to be a bit slower to pick up bodies in general, but we'll see.

I suspect that many designers of period wear that basically covers the entire female body will probably skip Lara X and Petite X because all that would require is heavy alpha usage (I've tested a few of my Junbug pieces). Anything low cut in the chest would require BOM alpha though.  My favorite (though expensive) formal gown designer, Son!a Edge, has come out with one X model thus far so I assume she'll make more.   I do want to see Just Because start making gowns (and other things) for this body.   I think you've already got Astralia's Royal Soiree update, right? 

As for Mers and such, I think that will take some time to rig.  Re: cyberpunk/futuristic, R2 at C88 has an outfit rigged for Lara X. 

In my opinion, the only stores that will refuse to work with Lara X/Petite X are the stores that were already bailing out on Maitreya altogether.   Considering how many stores are cranking out updates to existing 5.3 outfits so quickly, the word on the street that X is easier to rig must be true. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I suspect that many designers of period wear that basically covers the entire female body will probably skip Lara X and Petite X because all that would require is heavy alpha usage (I've tested a few of my Junbug pieces). Anything low cut in the chest would require BOM alpha though.  My favorite (though expensive) formal gown designer, Son!a Edge, has come out with one X model thus far so I assume she'll make more.   I do want to see Just Because start making gowns (and other things) for this body.   I think you've already got Astralia's Royal Soiree update, right? 

As for Mers and such, I think that will take some time to rig.  Re: cyberpunk/futuristic, R2 at C88 has an outfit rigged for Lara X. 

In my opinion, the only stores that will refuse to work with Lara X/Petite X are the stores that were already bailing out on Maitreya altogether.   Considering how many stores are cranking out updates to existing 5.3 outfits so quickly, the word on the street that X is easier to rig must be true. 

Son!a Edge is definitely one place I'm massively interested in for updates. Her gowns work so well with some of the body mods at Petrichor (also not yet updated for X, I don't think), which makes for rather interesting effects. The other stores for gowns would be Celestina's and Sofia, but I'm patient. I have a zillion gowns from both stores already, but all of them are 5.3 (I think...I still haven't looked through all of the recent Advent gifts yet). And yep, I already grabbed the gown from Astralia, because GLITTTTTTTTTTER!!!!! 😂

Mermaid stuffs - yeah, I'm expecting that to take a long time. Unfortunately, Cynefin is gone, and that's what I'm currently wearing. I'll have to swap to Aii or Petrichor, if they update, and...if I feel like it. I dunno - I just love my Nemissa tail so much, I'm wondering if I should just swap to Legacy to keep it (and the entirety of the rest of my wardrobe without having to make any major changes!). Of course, these ideas pop into my head long after Black Friday/Christmas sales, soooo...

Overall, I'm fine with waiting for the market to catch up and I'm not overly worried (yet) about the state of things. Yet. YET.

*eyeballs Legacy* 👀

• Like 2

Purplemoon made a survey lately among its customers wearing Maitreya. The results have just been announced and they were quite tied between those who prefer the former version of the body and those who prefer Lara X (respectively 50.6% and 49.4%). 5% of those customers use Petite (either the former version or Petite X).
Purplemoon's owner has decided to still support the former Maitreya body until January 2025 AND to include a Lara X version in future releases. A Petite X version will be included occasionaly, at the owner's discretion. She'll re-evaluate the situation in a year (so January 2025). She intends on updating some past releases to Lara X (free of charge) if time permits and depending on the outfit popularity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1