LaraX?

Rowan Amore

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The other stores for gowns would be Celestina's and Sofia, but I'm patient. I have a zillion gowns from both stores already, but all of them are 5.3 (I think...I still haven't looked through all of the recent Advent gifts yet). And yep, I already grabbed the gown from Astralia, because GLITTTTTTTTTTER!!!!! 😂

Sofia had a gown gacha at The Arcade in December with a LaraX fit (no petite).  One of her Advent gifts (Emma Star Gown Dress in Cherry) also had a LaraX fit, if you grabbed that one while it was available.  It looks like she'll be doing X in the future.  It doesn't look like Celestina's has released any X dresses, even in the Advent calendar. 

I've picked up several Purple Moon gowns for Lara X of late, and another one was just released. As Emma noted above, she's going to go forward with X and 5.3 for a year. I'm rather partial to the Tatiana dress with a sparkle layer (I got so many compliments on it). Its skirt has such nice folds that my AO doesn't wind up kicking my legs out from under it.   There's a similar skirt on the PM Diana dress at Cosmopolitan right now.  It looks like the Aurora limited edition winter gown and accessories is still available too. PM is just taking names and kicking butt with Lara X these days.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya session V is pretty close now..At the start they said two months, then it went to one or two months.. Then went to around a month.. hehehe

My favourite, umm, thingy, is the Sensations one.  I asked the creator and got a sort of non-committal 'I'm working on something else right now, maybe...'  answer.  So it's not my favourite 'umm thingy' any more.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

My favourite, umm, thingy, is the Sensations one.  I asked the creator and got a sort of non-committal 'I'm working on something else right now, maybe...'  answer.  So it's not my favourite 'umm thingy' any more.

I know Vaw is working on things, because I seen they already have their Nips updated on the MP.. Those showed up on a lara x search on the MP last night.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 7:45 AM, AmeliaJ08 said:

Now when can we expect a V update? it's coming, right!? if we're all going to be standing around naked due to not owning much clothing yet we're gonna need our bits.

Sorry but this is seconded because as I've just got it (along with updating the original one for myself too) I've noticed a problem already; not sure if I shouldn't use the BOM mode which I am since not many new outfits are out that suit my taste yet, but there's a gape "down there" which isn't good, even though nothing is set to be transparent but the most peculiar spot is for sure. Is there a fix of this or did I do something wrong? 😖

2 hours ago, LenTamiko said:

Sorry but this is seconded because as I've just got it (along with updating the original one for myself too) I've noticed a problem already; not sure if I shouldn't use the BOM mode which I am since not many new outfits are out that suit my taste yet, but there's a gape "down there" which isn't good, even though nothing is set to be transparent but the most peculiar spot is for sure. Is there a fix of this or did I do something wrong? 😖

None have been updated yet for the new body, but they should be coming really soon..  we're getting around the two month spot from when the body came out.. So we should be seeing them popping up  in the market in the near future..

• Like 1

I seen this when I came on this morning in the Maitreya V.I.P. notices.. The notice and note card info below.

The LaraX Flat Chest is out! You can find info about this update and about other things that have been updated at Maitreya, in the attached notecard!
xx

The LaraX Flat Chest is out now!
We updated the Flat Chest add-on with a version for LaraX. Just like PetiteX, there is a full body version now too. People who purchased the Flat Chest add-on and the Lara mesh body before, will also find the full body version of Flat Chest on their redelivery page. People who didn't own the Flat Chest before and are interested in buying it, have the choice to buy it as a full body for the full price, or as an add-on only.

The FlatChestX can be adjusted with the breasts size slider. If the breast size slider is set to 100 the chest is similar to the original Maitreya Flat Chest. With the breasts slider set to 50-60 the shape of the chest is more like the Flat Chest Adapted used to be. So the previous two Flat chest options are now integrated into one adjustable Flat Chest.
􀀃
The FlatChestX comes with beautiful skins by Velour, in the same skin tones as the LaraX and PetiteX.

The LaraX and PetiteX have also been updated to V1.1.
New this update:
- A small butt deformer: On LaraX the butt becomes wider as you go below Butt Size 30. For those who want their butt very small without the extra width, we now have a butt deformer. Wearing the butt deformer will flatten your butt, so that you can keep the slider above 30. The butt deformer can be found in the extras unpacker hud.
- The dimples above the butt are made softer and more subtle.
- PetiteX and FlatChestX have a redeliver button on their HUDS now, just like LaraX.
- A small error in the weights was fixed in LaraX V1.1 and PetiteX V1.1 (above the breasts, near the armpit).

More Updates at Maitreya:

The Thigh High Boots are updated with a size for LaraX
􀀂

The Amala Bikini is updated with sizes: Petite, PetiteX and LaraX
􀀁

Previously Updated for LaraX and PetiteX:
For those who missed this announcement when it was sent before, we have also updated the Vintage Jeans and the Malika Tops with LaraX and PetiteX sizes.
􀀀

You can use the redelivery terminal at the store to get the redeliveries of the above items, if you had purchased them previously.
For LaraX you can also use the redeliver button on your HUD, misc page, to get the latest version sent.

􀀄
We wish you all a wonderful week and lots of joy with these new updates!
Maitreya
xx

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize that the 5.3 addons were also put into full body versions until yesterday while hanging in the group.

Also that flat had two versions.

So that means that they went from having 1 full body to now 7 full bodies. 

That's wild. Hehehe 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I didn't realize that the 5.3 addons were also put into full body versions until yesterday while hanging in the group.

Also that flat had two versions.

So that means that they went from having 1 full body to now 7 full bodies. 

That's wild. Hehehe 

I wanna smoke what you are smoking :P

3 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Thought this was clear from the start of the announcement. That the v5.3 would be a new body: LaraX, that the add-ons would turn into full bodies.

I had the impression that it was just the lara X version of those bodies.. I didn't realize the 5.3 were also getting full versions, let alone wasn't familiar with flat and it having two versions.

I may have heard about it at first, but it's been a pretty dizzying experience with at first, most everyone thinking it was updates rather than new bodies as well.. lol

• Like 3

With the popularity of curvier bodies, it should have been optional to dial in the enhanced hips and thighs. I've worked too hard for a slender semi athletic shape with Lara to be made to take several steps backward. This isn't fat shaming, this is protesting my options being dictated to me. Lara is an excellent body for photography (largely due to the ability to pose the feet individually) and I've used it for a few years now. I've tried the Legacy SE body, and while it has many pluses i can't pose the feet individually. At least Slink made the HG body an option. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

With the popularity of curvier bodies, it should have been optional to dial in the enhanced hips and thighs. I've worked too hard for a slender semi athletic shape with Lara to be made to take several steps backward. This isn't fat shaming, this is protesting my options being dictated to me. Lara is an excellent body for photography (largely due to the ability to pose the feet individually) and I've used it for a few years now. I've tried the Legacy SE body, and while it has many pluses i can't pose the feet individually. At least Slink made the HG body an option. 

I've had no issue getting a slim shape, it's even easier now with the deformer for the bum added in the extras. As for the feet, to my knowledge you've never been able to pose the feet separately, I wasn't even able to do that with 5.3. To my knowledge the only body that has that is Erika.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

I've had no issue getting a slim shape, it's even easier now with the deformer for the bum added in the extras. As for the feet, to my knowledge you've never been able to pose the feet separately, I wasn't even able to do that with 5.3. To my knowledge the only body that has that is Erika.

Yup, Erika can pose the feet separately. That's not why I bought it for myself though... one of my alts has had Erika since v1.4 IIRC. Guess I was jealous lol but don't worry, no weird politics involved. I think Erika's a great body that deserves more support. 

OK, back to LaraX :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Posing the feet individually is standard on 5.3 and X. Look closely at the HUD. Your definition of slim is clearly different than mine. I'm not some newb in SL, I've had avatars as far back as 2009.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Posing the feet individually is standard on 5.3 and X. Look closely at the HUD. Your definition of slim is clearly different than mine. I'm not some newb in SL, I've had avatars as far back as 2009.

Okay, see what you mean about the feet, however this is still on and working on LaraX; https://gyazo.com/37834fa26de84e893788a0b77af4b063

Also like I said no issue with looking slim; MissSweetViolet_084.thumb.png.6da91775084e1af39b631ed79fed3d0c.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

It's not a matter of being a "newb" or not. The LaraX responds to sliders in a much different manner than the previous body. So while the slimmer shapes are very possible, you just have to rethink how you use the sliders. So in that regard we are all "newbs" when it comes to making shapes for Maitreya X bodies. And as has been mentioned before, the newly released deformer will greatly aid you in getting the very thin shapes you may desire.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Masi Eracktor said:

Hello everyone! Is anyone having this problem with maze stockings with Larax body? This started after the update of second life & don't know how to fix it :( it looks weird

Snapshot_054.jpg

Snapshot_055.jpg

I don't have them yet, so not a 100% sure if they fit after LaraX was updated, but they've not been updated to LaraX yet in the listing, and the upper thigh had quite a few changes, so I'm guessing that's the reason.

• Like 2

On the subject of the sliders between Lara v5.3 and LaraX, there has been a trade off made here.  Fine grained control has been swapped for being able to go to more extremes.  In others words each notch on the slider has more effect.  Obviously that is great if you want that but not if you prefer more subtlety and that fine-grained control over your shape.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Then keep using Lara 5.3. Nobody's "dictating" a blessed thing. If the fact that a lot of clothing makers are now rigging for LaraX is "dictating" then they also "dictated" that Slink Hourglass got a lot more support than Slink Physique Original after a while.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I haven't been wearing the X body because I haven't bought clothes for it (I'm being cheap right now) but I've played around with it and haven't had any issue getting a slim body with the LaraX.  I just had to tweak the existing shapes I use a little.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:50 PM, MissSweetViolet said:

I don't have them yet, so not a 100% sure if they fit after LaraX was updated, but they've not been updated to LaraX yet in the listing, and the upper thigh had quite a few changes, so I'm guessing that's the reason.

She responded to me, saying an update was coming

• Like 2

I have been thinking about Lara and LaraX a while....

And I have come to wish the updates were only for the neck/shoulders. I am totally wild about them, now that I see the difference.

The rest of the changes, tummy and upper thighs, is so small that they are annoying. It is a bit smoother, but is additional work with alpha layers and the HUD, since all autohide scripts wrecks alpha cuts. This 'work to make it fit' should not be necessary, since it is really just minimal change.

If Maitreya had only updated the shoulders/neck and released Lara as 6.0, it would have been better for me. The only things I had to replace would be tops/dresses, not thigh high boots and pants.

LaraX could have been released as its own body and made appealing to curvy body users.

• Thanks 1