LaraX?

Rowan Amore

Having tried a few clothes in LaraX and Legacy sizes on the LaraX body now, I won't be buying any in the future that don't include LaraX (or Freya for Persephone). For clothing that covers most of the body, Legacy sizes work pretty well on LaraX, so I can still wear much of the clothing I already have.

• Like 2

Daily I find more and finally clothes in my style. Yay! LaraX 100% now. Need more lingerie but what redhead doesn't?

Bought a gown from Dead Doll and knit dress from S&P yesterday, and could have bought at least 4-5 more but they weren't quite right (i.e., Ricielli has a nice pants/top outfit but something about the pants fabric wasn't right for me).

• Like 2

I tried lara x since I got it in a redelivery, I haven't work Maitreya in about 4 years now. Though nothing about it made me even want to consider using Maitreya again. It just doesn't have any of the cool add ons my body of choice has these days. Several places I shop at don't support and haven't supported Maitreya in a long time either.

LaraX perve: Alpha cuts.

I usually use alpha cuts, or an alpha layer if one is included with the clothing. I like the neckline and pelvis cuts for LaraX better than the ones for Lara classic. Some of the cuts on the chest and around the breast are very small and hard to click though, so I end up spending too much time trying to click the right alpha cuts.

Possible solution from the creator side: Include alpha layers with clothing. This can probably be one alpha layer that would work with all body types.

Possible solutions from the customer side: I don't like the extra step of using save sticks, but I can use the alpha slots on my LaraX HUD just for different chest alpha configurations. I might also add an alpha layer from a pack of alpha layers into my folder for some clothing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Daily I find more and finally clothes in my style. Yay! LaraX 100% now. Need more lingerie but what redhead doesn't?

Bought a gown from Dead Doll and knit dress from S&P yesterday, and could have bought at least 4-5 more but they weren't quite right (i.e., Ricielli has a nice pants/top outfit but something about the pants fabric wasn't right for me).

Maitreya is updating their clothes, the Reve lingerie should be updated next. I have several of the colors, it is lovely.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Have they done anything about the dimples?

They kina funny.. Mah frens always wantin to put their fingers in them.. Then saying you got inni's on you back!

I'm like staaap, that tickles!! \o/

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

My big question here is: Will the creator's kit be easier to get for creators with this one? I remember all the fake rigged Maitreya i'd come across because it was next to impossible to get the kit.

That's a question to ask on their discord channel: https://discord.com/channels/730020504194252900/760146761850814494

• Like 2

Apparel - I think creators should not drop 5.3 now.

They should offer both 5.3 and X at least until spring and watch where it is going. I think that cutting it off now might not be the smartest, let people change to X in their own time.

Better to include X size to make people curious, and at the same time, provide all Maitreya users with apparel. Do not make them leave for brands that include 5.3.

It can be a mistake.

5.3 is still the most popular body, more than Reborn, many more than LaraX.

• Like 6

I am sure this must have been said in this long thread but anyone with Lara can get the X version for free from redelivery. I have only reading the first few lines of comments in the forum snippets but "I" was very confused on this from what was being said here and from comments from the brand. 

So designers might want to make NEW things in LaraX but it easy enough to switch bodies for outfits using the "Favorites" tab (in FS). I don't want to remake a bunch of outfits even if the items get redelivered. I mean there isn't THAT much difference LOL.  IMO of course :D.  

• Like 4

On 12/13/2023 at 8:33 PM, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

...Now I truly hope that LaraX takes off as big as the original Maitreya Lara, but I also hope that creators realize in future still creating for the original will also be lucrative for them. ...

an insight example to that assumption from one of my latest releases ( Cinderella ) that is available for Lara as well as for LaraX. It's just one release and just my store, but to me this already gives a pretty clear direction. As I sell per body, it's easy to see: LaraX sales were overall by far the strongest in this release, followed by Reborn, Lara sales are way in the back of the tail.

As I said, one release of one creator is certainly not representative, but also what bodies are most worn, going by various stats, does not neccessarily represent sales either. Those vary a lot from brand to brand depending on so many different things like style, customer base, pricing,  marketing etc. 

Edited by Salt Peppermint
typonese.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Salt Peppermint said:

an insight example to that assumption from one of my latest releases ( Cinderella ) that is available for Lara as well as for LaraX. It's just one release and just my store, but to me this already gives a pretty clear direction. As I sell per body, it's easy to see: LaraX sales were overall by far the strongest in this release, followed by Reborn, Lara sales are way in the back of the tail.

As I said, one release of one creator is certainly not representative, but also what bodies are most worn, going by various stats, does not neccessarily represent sales either. Those very a lot from brand to brand depending on so many different things like style, customer base, pricing,  marketing etc. 

Right now clothing for LaraX are hot sales items because 1.) a third of the female avatars either have LaraX or can get it with a redelivery, and 2.) there aren't many clothes available for it yet. Creators who are offering LaraX sizes are probably doing pretty well right now. Classic Lara sized clothing are still highly available, both in stores and in user's inventories, so there is no mad rush to buy more.

I think we'll need to see how sales level out a few months from now to see if LaraX use will fully replace classic Lara, but I expect than when users compare which body looks better in a bathing suit, lingerie, or even a tank top, most are going to go with LaraX.

Cinderella has more going for it than being a roleplay outfit that fits LaraX, btw. It has a fun interactive aspect that we seldom see outside of stripable clothing, in which the outfit can change with a magic wand or at the top of the hour (ie. at midnight).

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Salt Peppermint said:

As I said, one release of one creator is certainly not representative, but also what bodies are most worn, going by various stats, does not neccessarily represent sales either. Those vary a lot from brand to brand depending on so many different things like style, customer base, pricing,  marketing etc. 

I have a ton of Lara clothes, so what I will buy now are LaraX.

I have some favorite stores, if they release remakes of clothes, I would buy them again. I do not need redelivery of them. I like what ISON is doing when they rig for new bodies. First a weekend sale, then full price.

The May release in Collabor 88 is for sale this weekend, with the LaraX size.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Right now clothing for LaraX are hot sales items because 1.) a third of the female avatars either have LaraX or can get it with a redelivery, and 2.) there aren't many clothes available for it yet. Creators who are offering LaraX sizes are probably doing pretty well right now. Classic Lara sized clothing are still highly available, both in stores and in user's inventories, so there is no mad rush to buy more.

I think we'll need to see how sales level out a few months from now to see if LaraX use will fully replace classic Lara, but I expect than when users compare which body looks better in a bathing suit, lingerie, or even a tank top, most are going to go with LaraX.

Cinderella has more going for it than being a roleplay outfit that fits LaraX, btw. It has a fun interactive aspect that we seldom see outside of stripable clothing, in which the outfit can change with a magic wand or at the top of the hour (ie. at midnight).

Oh for sure! It’s the new shiny thing atm, time will tell how things will develop. 
personally I can’t afford to go on with both versions but nothing is ever carved in stone for me. I will adjust if needed 

Edited by Salt Peppermint
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

All anyone can do at this point is speculate how things are going to go. It is really early days for the LaraX so there is really no telling at the moment which way things will go. Of course a new body is going to be popular right at its release along with clothing and accessories to fit that body.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 2

Tried the demo for erratic / margot dress  (maitreya) & petite ( happy weekend sale)   peared with lara x wear with maitreya dress version.

Fit on body Make bust smaller , turn down torso muscles , turn down body fat ,hide pelvis for the buttock area.  Does make the bust petite but the design does give look of  look some bust.  Comes with nice short slit on the side of the dress. The shape had to make bit petite push little curvy til clothes can be made. 

Lara X needs love too 💗

tried.jpg

Edited by ShaydraPromise
  • Like 3

If any of you happen to have latex clothes and boots from D'evil, the autohide built into some of them mostly works for LaraX. I say mostly as you may need to grab the HUD and turn off unexpected alpha spots in some areas (especially with boots), depending on what else you are wearing. 

I think I've picked up everything created for D'evil. It's good, classic stuff for latex fans!

Another note: D'evil's in world store no longer exists, it's MP only now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

If any of you happen to have latex clothes and boots from D'evil, the autohide built into some of them mostly works for LaraX. I say mostly as you may need to grab the HUD and turn off unexpected alpha spots in some areas (especially with boots), depending on what else you are wearing. 

I think I've picked up everything created for D'evil. It's good, classic stuff for latex fans!

Another note: D'evil's in world store no longer exists, it's MP only now.

Metthinks that I have all the stuffs of D'evils

On 12/16/2023 at 10:03 PM, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

All anyone can do at this point is speculate how things are going to go.

Just got the laraX update today I guess I'll keep 2 versions of my naked avi, one with the old bod and one with the new and switch back and forth depending on the clothing I want to wear. 

I guess that's what everyone else is doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the original lara bod, it's great and so is so much of the clothing made for it. 

• Like 2