Clicking "wear items" on a giant folder...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How hard would it be to count the number of attached items on an avatar, and limit it to 100 or so?  If LL was building a car and the brakes failed, they would hit the accelerator as a feature.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You are limited to the number of attachement points, 35 or so, just go to saved outfits and pick one, that should stop the process.

It does? When I accidentally double-clicked my "Bought Clothes" Folder, it kept going up to the attachment limit and just as I was celebrating - the second I took something off, a new item popped in. And another. And another. And another. It absolutely insisted on going through the entire damn list, through relog, through switching outfits, anything.

But yah, it's one of those mistakes one only makes once.

37 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

That one and the one where you click on a little flower vase in your home to delete it, select "Delete", and your whole house vanishes .. leaving the vase floating there mocking you.

The value of "Lock" item was never so apparent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

That one and the one where you click on a little flower vase in your home to delete it, select "Delete", and your whole house vanishes .. leaving the vase floating there mocking you.

Great, you've just unlocked a whole new fear for me!

• Haha 3

Attachment point limit doesn't really come into play on this because it simply will detach something to add the next thing. And it keeps doing that. Clicking on another outfit to stop the process never worked for me. The first time I tried it, it simply added the new outfit to the queue. The second time I tried to do that it ended with a hard crash where I had to actually turn off the power to my computer to recover. It's really better to just take a break and come back when the process has completed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

It does? When I accidentally double-clicked my "Bought Clothes" Folder, it kept going up to the attachment limit and just as I was celebrating - the second I took something off, a new item popped in. And another. And another. And another. It absolutely insisted on going through the entire damn list, through relog, through switching outfits, anything.

hmmm that sucks then. I'm not gonna try it and see though 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I have done this so many times, it's actual habit now for my partner and I to lock every single home we rez and live in. And we're kind of house hoarders. We have many and change often. Even my platform for photos is always locked. I deleted THAT several times first, though. 🤭

• Like 3

I suppose the viewer one uses might change how this mistake plays out. In Firestorm and the SL viewers, the attaching stops at 38 (Ref). As pointed out, removing an item allows a new item from the cue to attach. Re-logging does not stop the process or didn't when I made the mistake. It will continue in the next session. The only way to clear the cue is to select a new Outfit and click REPLACE Current Outfit. It will take a minute to recover as the replacement process has to detach all the items in the to-attach cue... or something... it takes longer than normal.

This issue popped up years back. It was a plague at the time. I forget what changed to reduce the occurrences. It's not the problem it once was.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

Even my platform for photos is always locked. I deleted THAT several times first, though.

I've deleted builds while several friends or guests were there, dropping them all either into the water, or into thin air. NO, it wasn't on purpose! I considered wearing a parachute as a permanent part of my ensemble, but on more sober reflection, started employing the LOCK feature in all my builds.

• Haha 5

I once added my whole hair folder, and every time I removed a hair, it would free up an attachment point and add another hair. I was trying to replace current outfit, but the whole thing was lagging me so badly that even that took forever.

Another time I added my whole folder for one of my RP sims. This wasn't as bad as it could have been, because it was largely notecards, but it did mean i ended up wearing a giant mock-up of their stage area that they gave us for when we were making sets for hosting.

I deleted my house multiple times as a noob, and once as a non-noob managed to *return* a house I didn't even own. I was trying to click a weird thing that wouldn't seem to delete, and finally just decided to return it to myself, except it was actually a particle effect and I was really clicking the house. That was an embarrassing convo to have with the landlord!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

We need a new feature in the viewer that has a popup warning “you are about to attach over 1,000 items… continue?” and it will have only one button that says “Hell no!”

^^^^ THIS 110%; as would save so much heart ache as done too many times to count, either added whole folder of one thing for multiple folders at once.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

We need a new feature in the viewer that has a popup warning “you are about to attach over 1,000 items… continue?” and it will have only one button that says “Hell no!”

XD these replies are pretty great. I agree with this too!

• Like 1

We need  happy up beat music to start playing , because there is about to be a, what to wear to the big party montage about to happen..

So, Invite over that special guy over that hates to go shopping and sit him in a chair.. because it's show time!! \o/

hehehe

• Haha 2

i was so glad when i found out about 'restore last position' when right clicking on the platform i just picked up in my inventory ... to bad for the other people that went tumbling to the ground. also did not help that some items on the platform were set to physical ... we were finding random items all over the sim for the next month. 

On 7/8/2023 at 8:07 PM, Polenth Yue said:

You don't stop it. You're on this ride to the bitter end. If it makes you feel better though, some people manage to do this with the top level of inventory, so it will attempt to attach everything they own.

I must try it, just to have the experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.