Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

In order to compare annual cost of premium vs premium plus, it is important to make two assumptions . First, you have the upfront cash. Second, the stipend can be converted back into dollars that you own. (Dollars are fungible. Doesn't matter where they come from.)

What you do with the stipend is irrelevant to the annual comparison of plan costs. If you don't have the cash up front, your options are to pay for the more expensive monthly plan or to borrow the cash elsewhere (which may be cheaper than going monthly).

Are you doing this cost analysis for use of Linden homes only?  Uploads have a monetary value and could eat up those extra stipends pretty quickly.  Hard to valuate because each user's could be quite different.  Land usage (extra 1024) also has a monetary value but if you are only looking to own Linden homes it and other features PP offers might not be needed in your calculation for a linden home owners cost comparison.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hedy Heartsong said:

Are you doing this cost analysis for use of Linden homes only?  Uploads have a monetary value and could eat up those extra stipends pretty quickly.  Hard to valuate because each user's could be quite different.

Yes, I am only considering the cost of a Linden homes and tier. And you are absolutely correct that some will not mind the PP expense because it is being offset by additional perks, either directly (via uploads, homestead option) or indirectly (home choice, more groups,conceirge). I feel it is always useful to have all the INFO about costs so one can make an informed decision.

For example, the break even point for free uploads is around 808 per year or 15.5 per week.  ((120.64-39.80)*10)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes, I am only considering the cost of a Linden homes and tier. And you are absolutely correct that some will not mind the PP expense because it is being offset by additional perks, either directly (via uploads, homestead option) or indirectly (home choice, more groups,conceirge). I feel it is always useful to have all the INFO about costs so one can make an informed decision.

For example, the break even point for free uploads is around 808 per year or 15.5 per week.  ((120.64-39.80)/10)

Some weeks I upload images. But many weeks I don't opload at all. I can have a week with 3 uploads. Then four months with only one upload for a new profile picture. I have a new home and upload art and wallpapers, and have 10 or more uploads in 2 days.

I would need to have a business if uploads should break even for me. And for those, P+ is great. For others who have wanted a Homestead, not a full region, P+ is great. The cost of land in SL is crazy, and 25% VAT on tier is not helping.

If I had P+, I could upload textures, see they didn't work out right, make a edit, upload, ten times for free. I have not saved 100 L on it, I need only the tenth and final texture. I have saved 10 L.

I have not have saved money on the first nine, I have skipped the step of logging in to the test grid and do the first nine uploads there.

Is it inconvinient to log in to the test grid? Only a little bit.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

If I had P+, I could upload textures, see they didn't work out right, make a edit, upload, ten times for free. I have not saved 100 L on it, I need only the tenth and final texture. I have saved 10 L.

I have not have saved money on the first nine, I have skipped the step of logging in to the test grid and do the first nine uploads there.

Pssst!  You don't have to go to the test grid or have P+ to test textures for free.  Use "local textures" to test (textures that reside on your disk) - they will look fine to you but grey to anyone else.  Conveniently, the texture will automatically update inworld when you overwrite it on disk with a newer version. Then, when you have the texture you want, there's an upload button right there in the local textures dialog.  Remember to actually apply the final, uploaded texture!

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Rolig_Loon/Local_Textures

No such capability for mesh models.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Pssst!  You don't have to go to the test grid or have P+ to test textures for free.  Use "local textures" to test (textures that reside on your disk) - they will look fine to you but grey to anyone else.  Conveniently, the texture will automatically update inworld when you overwrite it on disk with a newer version. Then, when you have the texture you want, there's an upload button right there in the local textures dialog.  Remember to actually apply the final, uploaded texture!

Well, I am never too old to learn new tricks.... 😲 🤩

This is great. I can use the local texture in situ, on my actual SL wall, so I can see it at home. ❤️ I'm sure this option has exsisted in years, I have just missed it. Thank you!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This is great. I can use the local texture in situ, on my actual SL wall, so I can see it at home.

Local textures are great. Note that you will be able to see your local texture only as long as your viewer session persists. When you relog it goes away, however, you can always reapply it.

• Like 2

I was at the concierge meeting today and one of the Lindens said that LL is actively working on the 2048 homes. He actually saw one... I guess there are some bugs and/or technical issues to be resolved and absolutely no estimate of when they will be released... but they are definitely being worked on. He also said they have some "neat" features (without elaborating on what those features were) and he thinks we will really like them when they arrive.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

On 2/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Sorry, I know this is not exactly the place, but when updating Firestorm to the newest version, I saw that this feature is now also available for Mesh on the main grid.

"

New features in this release include, amongst others:

Local Mesh: We are excited to bring you our new Local Mesh feature, developed by Vaalith Jinn and Beq Janus. Local Mesh allows creators and builders to preview their mesh creations inworld without having to upload them. This allows you to work on the main grid and see items exactly as they will appear after upload. It integrates nicely with local textures and works with rigged mesh and static mesh; you can use it to test all parts of the creation process.

For a full account, you can take a look at Beq’s personal blog: Announcing Local Mesh.

This is the first release of Local Mesh, and Beq hopes to improve the interface and add further support in future updates. See the full release notes for more details on fixes and improvements for creators and builders."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Well, hmmm.  *frowns* I was hoping that LL would show the new theme at the SL Living Expo, but so far I see no sign of that, and it opens on Friday.  No new hint from Patch. And for a "mega" event, its website is sparse, but it does have a page about the planned Linden presence there, including a list of auctions.  Looks like there will be 9 regions, which just joined the grid within the last week.  Looking forward to visiting the nautical region (Come Sail Away, undoubtedly).  There will also be a car show, and an art walk.

• Like 4

I'm not impressed with LL historically showing things at events anyway. They can show us the new theme on any day, even today, if they want to. Tying in previews with charity events may seem like doing them a favor to promote the event, but it really limits LL's ability to drop the news whenever they want, and also I find it distracting from the event's main purpose/goals.

I find it so discouraging the goalposts keep getting moved from one event to another. First, everyone thought it was the last event, then this, then maybe the anniversary, maybe SLB? perhaps not this year.

• Like 2

The latest I heard through the grapevine was "early summer" for release.

US summer months are June, July and August?

A demo could be shown to us in the Bellisseria aniversary in April. Then LL has the whole of May to work on regions. And a release in June.

But who knows. Not me, that is for sure.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:49 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

I was at the concierge meeting today and one of the Lindens said that LL is actively working on the 2048 homes. He actually saw one... I guess there are some bugs and/or technical issues to be resolved and absolutely no estimate of when they will be released... but they are definitely being worked on. He also said they have some "neat" features (without elaborating on what those features were) and he thinks we will really like them when they arrive.

I wonder what they are. We already have different color options for walls, and open floorplans. Rotate house for one log home, and for campers. Maybe more customization. It must be hard to cram in new features in the house controller. A challenging job for the scripter.

Mirror version of the houses perhaps? But then it would be double as many houses in the mailbox, and all versions need to have the scripts perfect for the house controller. It must have a limit, right?

Items in the content creation box does not need scripts. We could get walls with original trim, so it blends better than selfmade ones. I could pick an empty floorplan and set in walls for only a bathroom. And move the walls until I got it as I wanted. Maybe there could be premade add-ons like sunrooms and terraces. Freedom to use them or not. I would like that. It would be mole made textures and a perfect match to walls, fundaments and roof.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, hmmm.  *frowns* I was hoping that LL would show the new theme at the SL Living Expo, but so far I see no sign of that, and it opens on Friday.  No new hint from Patch. And for a "mega" event, its website is sparse, but it does have a page about the planned Linden presence there, including a list of auctions.  Looks like there will be 9 regions, which just joined the grid within the last week.  Looking forward to visiting the nautical region (Come Sail Away, undoubtedly).  There will also be a car show, and an art walk.

Off topic but the SL Living Expo is slowly getting added to by shop owners. We only had access as of yesterday. I was the first on my street to get my gallery set up, but there are now 3 other stores fully stocked. Re: website pics are also coming, but are currently gated for upload behind a locked Google form, and some of us don't have Google so pictures slow to get posted.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I don't want anyone regretting or harboring remorse for having made a decision to sign up for Premium Plus.  If for any reason you do not feel you are getting the value out of the subscription, please contact support for a solution to your situation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

34 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I don't want anyone regretting or harboring remorse for having made a decision to sign up for Premium Plus.  If for any reason you do not feel you are getting the value out of the subscription, please contact support for a solution to your situation.

Thank you for that. Personally, I have zero regrets. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, Patch Linden said:

Personally I am getting what I wanted from PP: more group slots. I am also getting and enjoying some other perks that did not originally motivate me to upgrade, but are nice. They include free texture uploads, more capacity for offline messages and a second experience (which I am using for a Sea of Fables info hub).

I had a bit of sticker shock when the price came in at 2.5 times the price of Premium, because previous statements let me to expect the cost to only be double. It took me several months to come on board. But now that I have upgraded, I am a "happy camper" and plan to continue as a premium plus member.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.