1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: People in SL can't be punched in the face without their permission. Some people probably deserve it and would not be such asshats if they couldn't get away with stuff so easily.

That's why I use........ AVIL DROP!! \o/

No permission required.

I just have to find me another one though because somehow I lost mine.. hehehe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: People in SL can't be punched in the face without their permission. Some people probably deserve it and would not be such asshats if they couldn't get away with stuff so easily.

My point is that people behave badly in a virtual world because they know there are no consequences to doing so. I don't really want to see more violence in SL.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My point is that people behave badly in a virtual world because they know there are no consequences to doing so. I don't really want to see more violence in SL.

My whole SL is about relaxing and enjoyment.. If someone decides to try and ruin that, It doesn't take very much to remove them from my existence or me from theirs..

I don't know your situation , But I really don't meet too many asshats these days.. most people seem to be pretty friendly..

It's usually someone with an ego or that is all uppity that gets on my nerves more than anything really nowadays..

I just apply the same rules as if someone was messing with my relaxing enjoyment.. I Just *POOF* them gone..

Life is too short and can't get that precious time back.. hehehe

ETA: I'm also looking to see if  anyone even makes an anvil drop anymore.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL allowing threads that violate their Community Guidelines because of political correctness, or more aptly, societal correctness.

They do? I guess I missed it and it was deleted before I got a chance to peek.

Unrelated peeve: I realllllllly want to binge Amazon's Fallout series because I caught the first episode on Twitch and it's sooooooo goooood. They nailed the game's aesthetic and I adore the characters, but I'm super squeamish. It's going to be like watching TLOU all over again, but without Pedro to make it worth the suffering. GRRR!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL allowing threads that violate their Community Guidelines because of political correctness, or more aptly, societal correctness.

Peeve: Those usually get blown up by thread-griefers, too!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Unrelated peeve: I realllllllly want to binge Amazon's Fallout series because I caught the first episode on Twitch and it's sooooooo goooood. They nailed the game's aesthetic and I adore the characters, but I'm super squeamish. It's going to be like watching TLOU all over again, but without Pedro to make it worth the suffering. GRRR!

I'm holding off until I get a mostly free weekend later this month, so I can watch it all at once (or across 2 days anyway).

Similar to TLOU, I never played the game (or even heard of it before the TV series), I've never played Fallout -- though I have at least heard of that one.  However, I am definitely looking forward to watching the series and really hope it is as good at TLOU.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Similar to TLOU, I never played the game (or even heard of it before the TV series), I've never played Fallout -- though I have at least heard of that one.  However, I am definitely looking forward to watching the series and really hope it is as good at TLOU.

Same, but now I saw a clip and gotta watch it. (Didn't watch TLOU, I don't have whatever that streaming service is.)

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm holding off until I get a mostly free weekend later this month, so I can watch it all at once (or across 2 days anyway).

If it makes you feel better, I've heard some very serious Fallout fans praising the show. They say they absolutely nailed the aesthetic of the vault designs and the wasteland and the music is perfect and all that. That makes sense, considering Todd Howard (Bethesda's director) is one of the executive producers.

They're calling it the best video game adaptation to date, though, so that's definitely something. I thought TLOU was fantastic (never played that one myself, but I did watch complete playthroughs of both 1 and 2), and they did an amazing job with that, so I'm kind of pumped to see this! 

I'm just peeved I'm so dang squeamish. That's what keeps me from playing all of these great games in the first place!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Fixing stuffs
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

They're calling it the best video game adaptation to date, though, so that's definitely something.

Peeve: I haven't been able to make it through the anime adaptations lately, even those that are from my favorite anime (YuYu Hakusho in particular).

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Same, but now I saw a clip and gotta watch it. (Didn't watch TLOU, I don't have whatever that streaming service is.)

My husband works for Xfinity and so we get their TV stuff for almost free.  We don't get a lot of the movie channels, but we do get HBO, which is where that one was shown.  If it wasn't for his TV benefit w/ HBO, I likely would not have ever seen that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I haven't been able to make it through the anime adaptations lately, even those that are from my favorite anime (YuYu Hakusho in particular).

I never got into anime or manga for some reason. The closest I've gotten is the Danganronpa game series (again - watching it, not playing it myself, lol) and its related anime show conclusion (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School). Huge fan of those.

Thought about watching Death Note for some random reason, but I've been advised the manga is far better than the show itself, so meh.

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Thought about watching Death Note for some random reason, but I've been advised the manga is far better than the show itself, so meh.

Had / read the manga years ago, it was fine (went off the rails after many volumes, as tends to happen).  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Hmmm page 910.

One more page and I shall have to call the Po-Po to drag y'all down to the precinct house and book you.

Peeve: Don't use the Police Call Box, it's actually a T.A.R.D.I.S.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Hmmm page 910.

One more page and I shall have to call the Po-Po to drag y'all down to the precinct house and book you.

May I request furry handcuffs?  TIA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

- Political correctness.

- people who use the word "SLetiquette".

- The future that Demolition Man predicted accurately.

- The future that Anger Management's plane scene predicted accurately.

Have fun being arrested for using terms that someone has chosen to delete from the official language because it hurt their feelings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Midnoot said:

- Political correctness.

- people who use the word "SLetiquette".

- The future that Anger Management's plane scene predicted accurately.

Have fun being arrested for using terms that someone has chosen to delete from the official language because it hurt their feelings.

🙄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Fun Fact: When I lived in a Hindu Ashram, the Guru took us to see Demolition Man in the theater.

Peeve: Rather than paint it as a dystopia, Guru thought the movie was funny. (He was a Stallone fan.)

• Like 1