41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My favorite "weird" flavors include "Salt and Vinegar"!

It's a classic I enjoy a good dose of Salt and Vinegar on my fish and chips. Salt and Vinegar crisps on the other hand I'm not really a fan of too strong on flavour for me 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The Dill Pickle are even better yet similar.

Yeah, I almost mentioned both.  But like you said, they are similar.  

My overall impression is that the "salt and vinegar" is harder on the mouth (leaving it feeling "cut and raw").  

One has the sharpness and tang of vinegar, the other has a tang of Dill but less sharpness.

• Like 1

Mmm, Salt & Vinegar ....

I actually like some of the flavor variety in modern chip brands and also have a liking for a specific flavor of vegan "pork rind" alternatives - Snacklins. Funny someone should mention Chesapeake Bay flavoring ..... That's one of the Snacklins I love!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Personally I would not advertise artificial flavored that big on the package these days.

Peeve: Santitas is the "inexpensive", all-natural option, comes in 3 flavors, but finally went up from $2. Not available everywhere.

Peeved!

santitas.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Today ordered a vintage synthesizer from Japan (my first to be shipped from that country). Soon after completing the purchase, I realized that "Oops.." I could have bought the same model from the US for only a few dollars more. 

Oh well, never had anything shipped from Japan before (except a vinyl phonograph record, which of course arrived warped). We'll see how that works out.

I've ordered card games from smaller Japanese game companies (before they were widely available through NA distributors) and they arrived fast and well packaged. The last art books I ordered from a bookstore in Tokyo came packaged like a present with a lovely, handwritten card inside!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I've ordered card games from smaller Japanese game companies (before they were widely available through NA distributors) and they arrived fast and well packaged. The last art books I ordered from a bookstore in Tokyo came packaged like a present with a lovely, handwritten card inside!

I did get notice that it shipped.

One reason this is a good "test" is, some of the synthesizers are much cheaper used from Japan and seems shipping from there MAY be easier than from countries deep in Europe (the 'Stan countries)..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Mmm, Salt & Vinegar ....

I actually like some of the flavor variety in modern chip brands and also have a liking for a specific flavor of vegan "pork rind" alternatives - Snacklins. Funny someone should mention Chesapeake Bay flavoring ..... That's one of the Snacklins I love!

That was me! Lays has one:

https://www.lays.com/products/lays-chesapeake-bay-crab-spice-flavored-potato-chips

Chesapeake%20Bay%20Crab%20Spice.png

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

One reason this is a good "test" is, some of the synthesizers are much cheaper used from Japan and seems shipping from there MAY be easier than from countries deep in Europe (the 'Stan countries)..

Wait Love there are no ‘Stan countries in Europe? 

11 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:
46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wait Love there are no ‘Stan countries in Europe? 

Cool, I'll take your word for it! I'm not a geographer.

Anyway, I can't find the previous vintage organ listing for whichever countries it was, but I do see a lot in Serbia. The point of my original post being, I may be more comfortable ordering something shipped from some countries, than from other countries due to just "now knowing" whether their shipping standards are fine for the delicate equipment to get all the way here. 

Having said that, I've now ordered musical instruments and gear from many, many surprising (to me) countries.

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Dill Pickle are even better yet similar.

When I used to eat chips, those were what I craved more than any other chip.. There was a certain off brand that made the best and I can't remember what the name of them is.. Maybe Lay's or something like that..

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sea salt & vinegar is one of my favorite flavors for potato chips.

There is also Sea Salt & Vinegar Pistachio Nuts now too.  Picked up a bag of those the other day and they are FABULOUS.

And my favorite tortilla chips are Doritos Salsa Verde.
To turn this into a PEEVE:   They are sometimes hard to find.

image.png.58290c34e01f4e9e52b44af8f7477d37.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I had a bag of jalepeno chips today,  probably the first time I've had chips in years. They were ghastly. Salty, greasy, and just plain nasty flavored. All the chatter here made me wonder whether I was missing something, so I decided to see. Nope. Not again. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I used to eat chips, those were what I craved more than any other chip.. There was a certain off brand that made the best and I can't remember what the name of them is.. Maybe Lay's or something like that..

We get Utz brand and they also have a dark russet which is addicting!  They're like the overcooked potato chips but better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I had a bag of jalepeno chips today,  probably the first time I've had chips in years. They were ghastly. Salty, greasy, and just plain nasty flavored. All the chatter here made me wonder whether I was missing something, so I decided to see. Nope. Not again. 

You should fly to the UK and have some Walkers crisps :P They were the Queen's favourite brand. I  don't normally eat junk food but I don't smoke or take drugs, so crisps are my vice 😈 They did a limited edition onion bhaji flavour that was surprisingly good...but sometimes they mess up, they did a Southern fried chicken one that tasted like burned chicken skin 🤢

Another peeve is Space Raiders, which are a rip-off of Monster Munch, they used to only be 15p so they were really popular with poor students (like I was, lol)...but they were a bit stale, so you had to shake Tabasco over them. But then they put the price up to £1.25 :o But as it is topical, they look like little alien heads 👽

image.thumb.jpeg.4f29d4ee626a37ea9dea18c751f9a677.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

...onion bhaji...

yummy-delicious.gif

Didn't even see the rest of the words in your post, Rat. 😂

Peeve: I haven't had onion bhaji in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooo loooooooooooooong!!!! I miss England. My old roomie there taught me a few recipes that I've long since forgotten. 😭 I gotta start binging cooking vids on YouTube again.

• Like 1

The chips I really like and get sometimes still is,Sun Chips.. I really like the salsa ones, but my favorite thing used to be getting a Sunny D and Sun Chips.. It really doesn't have to be any special flavored ones either.. Just the Sun Chips original flavor.. They really just go well together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Pet Peeve - Three pages idolizing JUNK FOOD.

Myself, I don't idolize it.. I miss some of it from when I was younger, but really don't eat junk food myself.. I'm very much into a healthy diet and exercising..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I did that once with Captain Crunch. Loved it as a kid. Awful stuff.

PEEVE!\o/

We only had like 3 hours of work today.. We had to go in and watch videos about safety and  company policies and so on..

So when I got home and settled in, I was all excited like, Oh I can do the Friday sales and get a jump on things! \o/

Then it hit me, It's only Thursday..

Don't you just hate when that happens?😭

Kidding, I love when that happens.. hehehe

• Haha 4