On 11/13/2022 at 5:28 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Hehehehe Thank you for the offer, but I have my linden home for right now.. If I ever give that up, I'll get my please daddy ready.. hehehe

The only reason I'm gonna miss it is because I've had it for so long..Really, I'm just bored in here right now and not using it like i could be, so it's just wasting money..

There is a fair chance I will do the same with my 4096 at the end of this year.
My sales pay for the land, so basically I live there for free, but still I haven't been there for more than maybe 10 minutes last month. So I find it is a waste of money to keep it as well ATM.
Silly me already payed in advance until end of the year.

I think I will go on a Belli hunt for a house with view this time.

Peeve: not enough houses there with a nice view.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Peeve: demos on Marketplace NOT linked to a FULL version

Searching for most recent 0L$ items with DEMOS excluded just doesn't work when merchants do this...

Hopefully, you Flag those items when you come across them.  Sometimes a creator just misses a few, sometimes they are ignorant of the rules and sometimes they just don't care.  In all cases, flagging the listings can be good for everyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hopefully, you Flag those items when you come across them.  Sometimes a creator just misses a few, sometimes they are ignorant of the rules and sometimes they just don't care.  In all cases, flagging the listings can be good for everyone.

Would flagging work if they  tell you to try the demo and have a demo link, but the demo link just takes you back to the front page of the MP?

I hope so because I hate those too.. hehehe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do - I wonder if it makes a difference. I come across listings that tell me I've already flagged them.

Today was pretty bad...maybe 75 percent of the first page (96 listings) were demos not linked to a full version.

Some are pretty blatant about their misuse of demos - making it clear they expect you to buy inworld. I presume this is avoid Marketplace fees, yet they use the Marketplace to advertise their merchandise.

Still peeved!! They are ruining my freebie hunting...

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Peeve...

Marketplace/Inworld sellers that have either left SL, died or haven't logged in for a year+ but still LL has their items for sale and of course gets to keep the money.

This is very annoying and it happens a lot.  I think if there has been no login to the MP or inworld for at least a year, the store and its products should be unlisted for sale.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Modulated said:

This is very annoying and it happens a lot.  I think if there has been no login to the MP or inworld for at least a year, the store and its products should be unlisted for sale.

Nods. No support at all and in plenty cases scripts aren't even functional due to code changes.

A total waste of money for the buyer and 100% profit for LL since the seller (being dead or whatever) won't spend or withdraw the money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

I only half agree. If I want the item, and it works, and I don't need support, I'm glad it's on the marketplace.

Some clues when this happens: link to in-world store that doesn't exist, creator seems "gone ghost"..

Its sad, too. Great items!

On the flip side, I've seen "newer" creators / sellers have plug-ins / add-ons for the ghost creator's items!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I do - I wonder if it makes a difference. I come across listings that tell me I've already flagged them.

Today was pretty bad...maybe 75 percent of the first page (96 listings) were demos not linked to a full version.

Some are pretty blatant about their misuse of demos - making it clear they expect you to buy inworld. I presume this is avoid Marketplace fees, yet they use the Marketplace to advertise their merchandise.

Still peeved!! They are ruining my freebie hunting...

You can do this.. And for the life of me I can't remember who showed this to me, because my memory is so bad these days.. I tried looking through my notices and  my history for their name.. The search in every version of second life is so terrible.

If you type in your search, NOT DEMO free.. You should get no demos showing up in your search on the MP.

It's also a good way to eliminate certain stores from your searches on the MP too. NOT brand name item..

I keep a notecard of who I don't want showing up in my searches anymore.. It looks something like this..

NOT brand name NOT brand name NOT brand name NOT brand name  item..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can do this.. And for the life of me I can't remember who showed this to me, because my memory is so bad these days.. I tried looking through my notices and  my history for their name.. The search in every version of second life is so terrible.

If you type in your search, NOT DEMO free.. You should get no demos showing up in your search on the MP.

It's also a good way to eliminate certain stores from your searches on the MP too. NOT brand name item..

I keep a notecard of who I don't want showing up in my searches anymore.. It looks something like this..

NOT brand name NOT brand name NOT brand name NOT brand name  item..

Thank you, Ceka. That should eliminate a good deal of them. And your idea re brand names is a great one.

My peeve is much diminished... :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Thank you, Ceka. That should eliminate a good deal of them. And your idea re brand names is a great one.

My peeve is much diminished... :)

You're Welcome  :)

I wish I can remember who told me those.. I swear at this pace I'm gonna have gold fish memory by the time I'm 40 ..lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're Welcome  :)

I wish I can remember who told me those.. I swear at this pace I'm gonna have gold fish memory by the time I'm 40 ..lol

I've heard sharks have no memory whatsoever. Sharks are cool, maybe you're turning into one of them.

Just do me a favor, and if you see a seal that looks like a pool floaty with pale, freckled extremities, don't eat it. It's probably me.

Oh, and a bonus Peeve, just because it has happened yet again: People who knowingly try to trigger me because they know I'm autistic and easily triggered by people I can't stand trying to get my attention despite being Ignored. When I ask someone to leave me alone, because they intentionally try to make me irrationally angry, and they won't leave me alone, that's harrassment, AND trolling. Right in front of everyone, too. Pick on the handicapped person, go on, you know you can ruin their day just by spitting on them, so spit. Spit a lot. Spit on them every time you see them, nobody will mind. After all, it's just some developmentally disabled person you're causing discomfort for. Who cares?

Be glad this forum has word filters, because I can spell every expletive very well, and be glad this forumite has some manners left, or I'd be playing the same game right back.

Only harder, like I used to. Back when I didn't care about people's feelings on the internet, either.

I don't have to post on the forums. I do it because I like it. Spit on me enough and I won't be the one going anywhere, either.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

While the band plays "Nearer My God to Thee."

1883907698_TwitterOutagesTweetBlank.PNG.9d72d5a4223dcfba76922dc8539cc332.PNG

He is gutting it from what it looks like..  He just sent out a notice the other day to everyone that works there and they are going to be putting in a lot of hours and dedication.. So if they want to stay  check yes.. If not they get three months severance pay..

It kind of sounds like the company that took over my old work.. Which I'm not at anymore.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Oh my goodness,  but massive victim complexes are exhausting.  Not everything is a personal attack and not everything is about you (general you.)  Sure can take all of the fun out of a group chat inworld.

Peeve: Debbie Downers (no offense intended if your name is Debbie, of course.  I promise its not a personal attack)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Modulated said:

I respectfully disagree. Only because I was out of SL for awhile and was very happy that my MP item was still available and being used by others. 

It's a free cube, but still.

I do understand the frustration though of purchasing items that are defunct with zero support. 

• Like 2