Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

When what they REALLY needed was a "NO SCYLLA" sign, right?

Idea: You're so smart, people would assume you're a docent and gather for a lecture. The official docents would get mad at being ignored!

Peeve: Being the smartest, prettiest woman in the room must be difficult!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Peeve: Stores that do dumb things to their name so they're unsearchable (How am I supposed to know "kreep" is actually "~ K R E E P ~" ? 

Peeve: new shop in town that goes by the name of "Buy Yourself Happy". 😔

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Heh. So I've apparently been banned from a region very popular with photographers because I took issue (quite politely, I think) on Flickr with the owner's suggestion that photographers owe all the artistry of their photos to the hard work of the sim designer.

[...]

I actually wrote that I agreed with him that photographers should provide the SLURL of places where they take photos and acknowledge them, but I think my response interrupted the steady stream of obsequious agreement that his remarks had been receiving.

Being a curious kitten, I've since had a look at what Sim you were talking about and saw your comment there too. I don't think you were impolite but I've learned a rough lesson in life that it was never a good idea to get in the way of someone wanting to rant and vent. You will just become a lightning rod for their anger, deserved or not.
It's kinda just not the right room, time and place for that, aye? Thus, even though you were mostly agreeing with him, your "actuaaaaally" got right into the crossfire. I don't think they were a particularly delicate flower - it's more human nature in general. At least I have seen that with a looooot of people and I should know, I used to love getting in that line of fire, having been a bit of an argumentative hot tempered nuisance in my life. There was also the lesson that when they were done ranting, they were much more open to any discussion on the matter.

Say, imagine you're taking a picture and just as you're about ready to wrap it up, your viewer crashes. That perfect pose, perfect camera angle now gone and right as frustration boils on over, someone pipes up and goes "well shoulda saved earlier!". Tell me your reaction wouldn't be along the lines of "listen up you little *****..." :D

/edit:

For anyone curious, the censored word was a lot more innocent than the ***** imply. Pet Peeve, are our cursewords actually being ranked? I give this **** five stars out of five!

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Heh. So I've apparently been banned from a region very popular with photographers because I took issue (quite politely, I think) on Flickr with the owner's suggestion that photographers owe all the artistry of their photos to the hard work of the sim designer. I quote:

I actually wrote that I agreed with him that photographers should provide the SLURL of places where they take photos and acknowledge them, but I think my response interrupted the steady stream of obsequious agreement that his remarks had been receiving.

Oh well. Some people are very delicate little flowers, I guess?

(And before someone inevitably points out that region owners have the right to choose whom they ban, I should hasten to add that I'm aware of this. And as I don't think I've ever actually been to the region in question anyway, and had no plans to go there, I'm not exactly devastated anyway.)

You're thinking it's about the sim, when it's more about his ego of you not hitting back when he was hitting on YEW!! \o/

Aim for the bleachers next time!!\o/

:P

hehehe

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ValKalAstra said:

I don't think you were impolite but I've learned a rough lesson in life that it was never a good idea to get in the way of someone wanting to rant and vent.

Peeve: I'm reminded of a RL "community leader" who during the early highs of COVID (when everyone was stressed out, people were losing jobs, etc.) posted pics of their backyard pool saying, "I'm bored".   I posted something about how that's not cool (should have DM'd them) and they blocked me. 

LOL!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: How many varieties on the same theme are there possible?
Yet another thread about the same "problem". sigh.

Peeve: You can't spell "theme" without "them"?

* reviews recent posts to see which theme / threads * 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Peeve:  When people say they block you and then keep responding and reacting to your posts.  Geez, you can't even trust blocks around here now.

I've been noticing that very recently - even today :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The scroll wheel on the mouse is much more convenient than blocking.
One can still read what "the enemy" writes.
And.... never tell when you block\ scroll past someones posts.  :D

Added:
Plus one who is a pain in the **** in one thread can have useful information in another thread.

Edited by Sid Nagy
added some.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Being a curious kitten, I've since had a look at what Sim you were talking about and saw your comment there too. I don't think you were impolite but I've learned a rough lesson in life that it was never a good idea to get in the way of someone wanting to rant and vent. You will just become a lightning rod for their anger, deserved or not.
It's kinda just not the right room, time and place for that, aye? Thus, even though you were mostly agreeing with him, your "actuaaaaally" got right into the crossfire. I don't think they were a particularly delicate flower - it's more human nature in general. At least I have seen that with a looooot of people and I should know, I used to love getting in that line of fire, having been a bit of an argumentative hot tempered nuisance in my life. There was also the lesson that when they were done ranting, they were much more open to any discussion on the matter.

Oh, totally. I'm not trying to play "the victim" here: I knew exactly what I was doing, and in fact commented to a friend that I was about to get myself banned from the place even before I'd written and posted my response. Had it been a place I cared at all about, or a person I liked better (this particular person has always seemed to me not very pleasant, tbh), I'd most likely not have done it.

Mostly, I don't like confrontation. And when I do confront someone -- and that includes here -- I generally go out of my way to try to sound non-belligerent. But honestly, the whole "you're just producing screenshots / captures of other people's work" thing is really starting to bug me, so I suppose I could argue that this was my rant. And as the cost of letting it rip was pretty low (as it's not a place I use at all), I decided to go for it. It felt good!

Good analysis, though. I'd still disagree with you that banning me was a "reasonable" response, given what I actually said, but I do concede that it's a very human one.

And clever you finding the post!!!!

ETA: But in the "humans are inconsistent" category -- I got a rather snotty and snide response to an admittedly highly political and contentious pic I posted a few days back, and responded in a pretty acidic way. Weirdly, I've NOT been banned from his region (which is a sort of "art sim" one quite popular with photographers).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

Aye, sorry - always a bit funky how I come across. See, I like jumping into the line of fire too :P

I don't think the ban was reasonable but as you said, it was human and nah I don't think you'd do the victim dance, sorry if it came across that way, wasn't my intention.

• Like 2

Just now, ValKalAstra said:

Aye, sorry - always a bit funky how I come across. See, I like jumping into the line of fire too :P

I don't think the ban was reasonable but as you said, it was human and nah I don't think you'd do the victim dance, sorry if it came across that way, wasn't my intention.

No, I didn't think that was what you were saying! I thought your post was entirely reasonable, friendly, and worthwhile!

• Like 2

Peeve.  Adulting and following the forum rules.  I don't normally have a problem with rules.  I'm not a rule breaker.  Sometimes, though, I just want to post this and let the chips fall where they may...

749368985_IDIOT-OF-THE-DAY1.png.34babcfd29ba0ac26c78689d82205a5d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve.  Adulting and following the forum rules.  I don't normally have a problem with rules.  I'm not a rule breaker.  Sometimes, though, I just want to post this and let the chips fall where they may...

What do I win if I correctly guess whom you'd award this to?

(I've got a pretty good idea.)

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Gee what a rule breaker! What don't you identify who the award is for if you really want to lean out over the edge ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What do I win if I correctly guess whom you'd award this to?

(I've got a pretty good idea.)

You win a copy of that award to post when needed!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peeve - this round table thingy is scheduled between the time I finish clearing up after dinner and the Hockey worlds evening  report starts (my time) - that is far too convenient.

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Gee what a rule breaker! What don't you identify who the award is for if you really want to lean out over the edge ;) 

But I'm NOT a rule breaker.  I did get a little slap the other day.  Can't say I didn't deserve.  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Sneaking culture war topics and rhetoric into topics at every opportunity.

I suspect you just won Rowan's star! Congrats!

A stern reminder however that politics are NOT permitted here!!!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 1