9 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Peeve: Contemplating retiring most of your store stock because belleza and maitreya made new bodies
(I helped the customer that made me feel like that and converted another maitreya girl into a possible reborn girl, 5 stars for me)

Also Peeved: Contemplating changing vendor systems
(Okay im not hurrying now as i saw on the merchant forum something is broken on all the vendors except casper)

All of which is completely unnecessary work when real life is busy!
(I managed to avoid all my own peeves so now im off to the RL garden in the sunshine) ❤️

If you are thinking about retiring things for bodies like Maitreya and Freya, people still look for and buy those items, so it could be worth keeping them up. My alt has a marketplace clothing store that is mainly for older bodies now because I have not made anything new in ages, and it still gets sales. There is a customer base out there that hangs on to their old bodies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

If you are thinking about retiring things for bodies like Maitreya and Freya, people still look for and buy those items, so it could be worth keeping them up. My alt has a marketplace clothing store that is mainly for older bodies now because I have not made anything new in ages, and it still gets sales. There is a customer base out there that hangs on to their old bodies.

I know this is true, because there is more than one clothing outlet specifically catering to vintage SL fashions. And by that I don't mean old freeby flexi skirts, I mean like, stuff for older mesh bodies.

There's a lot of opportunity in finding niches and filling them. So many people couldn't care less about bleeding edge stuff, and just want to enjoy what they have, and dislike change.

Floating people's boats makes L$. I'd never toss out stuff someone somewhere might find one day and decide they couldn't live without.

• Like 4

Peeve: tried my new PC this morning and SL defaults it to "Lower" graphics LOL!

Luckily, I didn't buy it for graphics. Did Google "quiet graphics card" this morning..(the machine is extra quiet, for audio production). 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Luckily, I didn't buy it for graphics. Did Google "quiet graphics card" this morning..(the machine is extra quiet, for audio production). 

Nothing to feel bad about, you made a wise choice.

"Music is the best." ~ Mary, the girl from the bus

14 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

As Zalificent says, your dryer is a compact Tardis, capable of sending random small things like socks forward in time. This is why a "lost" sock may suddenly reappear a week later, smug as if nothing had happened. It's just spent a little free time in another dimension.

Worst is when it also teleports from the washer or dryer to in between the cushions in the sofa or between the sheets at the bottom of the bed where I just KNOW I already cleaned up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Peeve: just snagged my sock on a floorboard which I hadn't noticed had a crack in it. Carving out half an inch of sharp stick from your sole stings (it went in sideways, just through the skin, along the 'ridge' just behind the toes).

On the bright side, I'm off to drink some rum so I won't have to be too bothered about the pain until tomorrow.

jack-sparrow-rhum-is-good.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Carving out half an inch of sharp stick from your sole stings (it went in sideways, just through the skin, along the 'ridge' just behind the toes).

Ow!  O, wow! Ow ow ow ow OWWW!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Modern cards with large fans and hoooge heatsinks can be very quiet, SL is pretty bad at utilizing them so I frequently see my card just humming along at low fan speeds and even stopping entirely sometimes.

Of course they are hooge so you need a big case to fit them.

I think there is also a passive 3050 6GB model available now (new model) which is of course completely silent and should be just about enough for a good SL experience.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Peeve: Contemplating retiring most of your store stock because belleza and maitreya made new bodies

I frequently wish that clothing stores would just have separate sections for older clothes vs. newer clothes. Could you have one section with mostly Reborn, GenX and LaraX sizes, then an older section with possibly Physique, Belleza Freya, Kupra and Lara classic sizes? I realize it's not a clean split between these sizes, but something like pre-2021 and post-2021 might work. Then gradually delete the older outfits that aren't selling, while adding new outfits.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: just snagged my sock on a floorboard which I hadn't noticed had a crack in it. Carving out half an inch of sharp stick from your sole stings (it went in sideways, just through the skin, along the 'ridge' just behind the toes).

On the bright side, I'm off to drink some rum so I won't have to be too bothered about the pain until tomorrow.

jack-sparrow-rhum-is-good.gif

OMG, That reminded me of stepping on a toothpick one time that somehow ended up stuck in a rug.. It went into my heel about an inch or so and broke while I was running to the kitchen.. But it left enough out that my husband could grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it out..

He just yanked it really fast once he had a good grip on it.. I was so close to slapping him, because Him and his stupid toothpicks and them ending up just anywhere..

• Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I'm outta here.

Catch you all laters. Maybe.

😢 I hope you come back.  If not, thank you for everything you provided on the forums, the great artwork, the great discussions, the humor, and kindness.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

You enjoy this all, don't you?

Me? No, but the very idea that it is dangerous for you to say who you were talking to is already a huge red flag. I don't like the idea of having to look elsewhere and get to know a new community but too many jumping ship for me to think there is any enjoyment here to be had anymore.

Just now, JUSTUS Palianta said:

flouncy flounce flounce flounce flounce 🤷‍♀️ i have no peeves today but it feels like i missed something on the fourm, lol

I am entirely happy to do some fake flounces for you! I seem to need practice anyway!

• Like 2