11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Do you guys even sleep?  Usually I am fast asleep at this time...but woke up in the middle of the night...and here is everyone chatting away..

It is just past noon here. SL and the forums are 24/7 places.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Or virtually secret which makes me feel dirty rooting through it but am forced to for getting some idea of what is going on.

I enjoy wildly speculating as much as the next person but that website is on a whole other level. I only recommend it if you like making fun of bad graphics design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:

Yeah yeah it got deleted lol

I knew not to comment, not even a :S, but I only got 1/2 thru the replies before it poofed.  I did some side reading instead on some website that starts with the letters A - Z.  pick one.   

Not being cautious of course.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I knew not to comment, not even a :S, but I only got 1/2 thru the replies before it poofed.  I did some side reading instead on some website that starts with the letters A - Z.  pick one.   

Not being cautious of course.

Ever figured why no serious news site picked up that "sensational" news and let a serious journalist write about it?
Because it is simply slander and plain bull *****. Go and stir the pot elsewhere if you really must, please. Some people still like Second Life.

Edited by Sid Nagy
I'm sick and tired of this 💩
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Branduff Bisnovat said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In a purely platonic way, of course. Nothing creepy.

It must be emphasized 😂

Peeve: Sometimes one must add a caveat in order to create a slight sense of doubt, lest one be considered frumpy, uptight, etc. 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Imprudence.

I always wandered, was the song "Dear Prudence" actually a coded call for those who are prudent, to instead be naughty?

I don't know, but this version is my favourite 😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Sometimes one must add a caveat in order to create a slight sense of doubt, lest one be considered frumpy, uptight, etc. 🙂

I was making an inappropriate joke again, but I also hate that! I feel like half the time I say something I find myself couching my statements in a desperate attempt to not be misinterpreted. It seems to only backfire yet I keep trying.

Just now, Branduff Bisnovat said:

I was making an inappropriate joke again, but I also hate that! I feel like half the time I say something I find myself couching my statements in a desperate attempt to not be misinterpreted. It seems to only backfire yet I keep trying.

That's why using double entendres works so well, you can always deny it!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Ever figured why no serious news site picked up that "sensational" news and let a serious journalist write about it?
Because it is simply slander and plain bull *****. Go and stir the pot elsewhere if you really must, please. Some people still like Second Life.

Because most whistleblowers forgot to go to journalism school before blowing their whistles?

It's certainly a peeve that they didn't get properly accredited beforehand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: when you plug in your mic whilst wearing your headset and manage to catch a tuft of beard without noticing, and then you rip your headset off to go AFK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/26/2024 at 10:57 AM, Rat Luv said:

It's still the number 1 site for breaking news and funny dog videos 🐶👍  

Scylla posted a link to a GoFundMe asking for $50,000 so she could set up a clinic to teach hairless dogs to speak 🤔 Sid accused her of begging and they started arguing and it turned into a 3-page Youtube video DJ clash 🥶 but the Moles deleted it all 😌

I've got to start checking this board more often!  I still have a twitter account, haven't posted anything in over a decade but I do glance at it about once in a blue moon, usually when someone talks about it here or somewhere else I go. Hairless dogs, really?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I think perhaps a lot of projection is usually the result of trying to interpret the intention of others.  If we let go of trying to understand the intention of others I do believe there is less projection occurring.  Being that we are prone to trying to gather the intention of others around us as a survival mechanism, it is difficult to do.

It is doable though, I mean no matter what our own views will be biased, our own interpretation of others will be formed in our own head, so there will always be some level of projection involved.  What I think is important, is just acknowledging that we are inherently flawed, not omniscient and despite what many of us think, often wrong (besides me, I am never wrong!).  

mousecat.thumb.jpg.fa410443ac3a958088ac5f3957e0a9db.jpg

Here for evidence, we can see projection occurring.  The mouse is clearly upset with the cat, because the mouse believes the cat is after his cheese...  Meanwhile, the cat is just tripping balls from the catnip she had taken earlier, and is pondering the meaning of life.

Okay, enough of my nonsensical pseudo thoughts, with absolutely no basis in reality but formed almost entirely out of boredom 🙃

Designer(6).thumb.png.ad1ad0300fe80debe2134dcec326c512.png

I'll instead opt to put them on their own boats 🙃 (sorry, I had an extra picture I had to do something with)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There aren't enough people here for it to be considered anything major.  

One of the terms for SL used to be "closed environment". Makes sense that the forum for SL would also be a "closed environment".

Forums/bulletin boards/IRC are what we had before there was social media like My Space, FB, Instagram, Discord, Twitter, and Reddit.

• Like 3