29 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I like my eggo, a bit to much at times.  

eggolove.thumb.jpg.303e07cdc0b969b6554321004183507c.jpg

Leggo my eggo?

oh yeah, this is supposed to be peeves.  Some people do not understand that waffles are inherently better than pancakes, pancakes are good but they lack the pockets of goodness that catch the butter, and syrup.  On pancakes, it all just mushes out all over the place, it is an inherent flaw in the design.

Cute waffles.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I usually end up finding " Extended" versions , putting it on loop with the youtube options or making a clip of the part i like and spamming it until i'm disgusted by it.

That's a great idea, but darn, no extended on YouTube. I'll just have to keep it on repeat. 😂

Lemme tack on a peeve to that one: When you hop over to the album looking for even more hypnotic beaty goodness and find out none of the other tracks are even remotely similar. WHYYYY?

Wait nvm I lied. Awwwwwwww there it is. UNF UNF UNF

1BM.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

Pancakes for breakfast? What about waffles? No maybe french toast? Do you know when you just can't decide what you want? Now you don't have to. have all of the breakfast classics in one bite. This waffle pancake French toast, called a Panwaffle, brings together all of these together. And if you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out.

There! I solved it!

image.thumb.png.c671108f6f4529d1cae338ddff175a99.png

That isn't a "breakfast classic", it's a "cake" designed bysomebody who has never seen a real cake.

THIS is a breakfast classic.

b92a3d74b4cf48c28abba34197798049.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's a great idea, but darn, no extended on YouTube. I'll just have to keep it on repeat. 😂

Lemme tack on a peeve to that one: When you hop over to the album looking for even more hypnotic beaty goodness and find out none of the other tracks are even remotely similar. WHYYYY?

Wait nvm I lied. Awwwwwwww there it is. UNF UNF UNF

1BM.gif

So many times. It's like they took a gamble and experimented with a new style and that was the one you happened to find. ;`  ;

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That isn't a "breakfast classic", it's a "cake" designed bysomebody who has never seen a real cake.

THIS is a breakfast classic.

b92a3d74b4cf48c28abba34197798049.jpg

Are those beans?  Good.gracious!  If I ate all that for breakfast, I wouldn't be able to move.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...People who assume ego is a bad thing in general...since it was off-topic in another thread and really did belong here instead.  Mea culpa.  🤗

The term ego refers to a person’s sense of self, which is essential for functioning in society. It can be described as a combination of self-esteem, self-image, and self-worth.  It is important to note that having a healthy level of ego is vital for personal growth and development. In fact, a strong sense of self can help individuals make better decisions, set and achieve goals, and navigate challenging situations. 

2u7u93.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

So many times. It's like they took a gamble and experimented with a new style and that was the one you happened to find. ;`  ;

It happens to me ALL the time, too! You know how Spotify actually has algorithms that pay attention and feed you things you really do want to hear, and then you're like OHHHH YAAAS that beat slaps and you click over to the album and... what is this ambient crap?! I came here ready to party what in the... 😂

Every. Single. Time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

waffles are inherently better than pancakes

Speaking of pancakes, I thought I was being so healthy by substituting cassava flour for the evil white flour along with the oats I use in the recipe, and I got so sick!  I sneezed for hours. I guess people who are allergic to latex (and I am) often have trouble with cassava (has a similar protein structure in it).

So much for trying to be healthy!

Seriously though, I found an actually healthy substitute -- I used coconut flour along with oats, and it turned out fine, and no ill health effect.  Then put blueberries in honey on top, with a dollop of yogurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Big ole peeve: When an artist establishes a really sick groove and the song ends in 3 minutes.

No, you keep that beat going longer! I want 10 minute tracks out of you!!! I was in the zone! How dare.

giphy.gif

yep.

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

I usually end up finding " Extended" versions , putting it on loop with the youtube options or making a clip of the part i like and spamming it until i'm disgusted by it.

yep.

artworks-abmpEqXXIe3rd9iC-DNeOeA-t500x50

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...People who assume ego is a bad thing in general...since it was off-topic in another thread and really did belong here instead.  Mea culpa.  🤗

Since.there was nothing inherently wrong with the post aside.from being off topic, I felt it belonged more.in the peeve thread anyway.

Unless, of course, it was reported.for.something else?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

Pancakes for breakfast? What about waffles? No maybe french toast? Do you know when you just can't decide what you want? Now you don't have to. have all of the breakfast classics in one bite. This waffle pancake French toast, called a Panwaffle, brings together all of these together. And if you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out.

There! I solved it!

image.thumb.png.c671108f6f4529d1cae338ddff175a99.png

How about chicken waffles? Delicious with orange blossom honey. Why yes I do sound fat.

Honey-Fried-Chicken-and-Waffles_442.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since.there was nothing inherently wrong with the post aside.from being off topic, I felt it belonged more.in the peeve thread anyway.

Unless, of course, it was reported.for.something else?

My response to yours was also deleted...I think the moderators just happened to be watching it.

The definition of 'ego' is an important topic - central to Yoga philosophy as well as Psychology, and the misunderstanding of what the word means is very common, and a pet peeve of mine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I thought if a moderator deleted one of our posts we weren't supposed to bring that same post to another thread.    Haz confuz.

One probably shouldn't bring attention to oneself by chastising others after doing something wrong on the forum themselves. Don't you think?

Peeve: Those that think they are above others.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

One probably shouldn't bring attention to oneself by chastising others after doing something wrong on the forum themselves. Don't you think?

Peeve: Those that think they are above others.

I didn't get a message from moderation so made a duplicate post here in case the other was removed which it was.  I certainly don't go back.and check.on my previous posts although some.people might.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The term ego refers to a person’s sense of self, which is essential for functioning in society. It can be described as a combination of self-esteem, self-image, and self-worth.  It is important to note that having a healthy level of ego is vital for personal growth and development. In fact, a strong sense of self can help individuals make better decisions, set and achieve goals, and navigate challenging situations. 

When the ego is balanced with humility it can definitely be a good thing and required to be a good leader but without it, the ego can cause all kinds of problems. 

Peeve would be how hard humility can be to attain and sustain.

Edited by Arielle Popstar

On 1/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, Modulated said:

Taylor Swift's face-its as annoying as her music.

giphy.gif

To be clear, I'm by no means a Swiftie. I DO think she's a very bright and talented woman, and she's really grown into a kind of strength over the years: I find that admirable. Good for her!

On the other hand, I find her music bland, her politics and feminism ok as far as they go, but they don't go very far really, and I don't see her as a fashion icon or role model much.

But I also really don't get the extreme hate she attracts. She's really pretty inoffensive.

Is this because she's been interrupting your football games?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

...and I don't see her as a fashion icon...

I'd worry if ya did! 

giphy.gif

I actually know next to nothing about her, except that Swifties were catching hands on Twitter a week or so ago for messing with Queen Björk. "Pluto" apparently blew some minds and some couldn't handle it. Not that it's been a whole 27 years or anything that we've been listening to that. *cackles maniacally*

Peeve: That did set me off on a path to try and binge her entire catalog, or at least most of it (I actually skipped Biophilia entirely when that came out because the site she built around it annoyed me greatly from a design POV) and now I'm really, really upset I never saw her live!!!! ARGJHGHGHG.

• Haha 1