12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Last I checked, Flexi hair - or any Flexi at all - did not work in Mobile viewer.  The "Flexi" parts stick straight up!

It's time to let flexi hair die anyway . The future is now . :3

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Traction control is standard on vehicles since 2012.  It basically adjusts the speed of a wheel when it starts to spin faster than it should such as on ice.  The wheel can still slide, though.  Just as your car, if stopped on an icy hill will.slide, there's not much you can control on an icy road.

Understood. It was new then! I believe the model was from about 1995.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Peeve: marketplace keyword spammers, who don't seem to realise that their misuse of keywords makes it impossible to find stuff in their own stores. If you sell 100 pages of items and I am trying to find lingerie, you aren't getting a sale if the search for lingerie shows me everything you sell. Also a peeve, no way to report whole stores for keyword spamming. I don't have time to report a whole store's worth of listings.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve: marketplace keyword spammers, who don't seem to realise that their misuse of keywords makes it impossible to find stuff in their own stores. If you sell 100 pages of items and I am trying to find lingerie, you aren't getting a sale if the search for lingerie shows me everything you sell. Also a peeve, no way to report whole stores for keyword spamming. I don't have time to report a whole store's worth of listings.

Reminds me of no.match hair store  . If you search THE EXACT NAME of the hair you're looking for , it still shows the entire catalog .. or maybe It shows zero results . I can't remember . But either way , what the heck?

• Like 3

Broke my own resolution so that didn't last very long.  It was an interesting exercise but I think ultimately it was doomed just as was foretold in this very topic.  Ahh well.  Mea Culpa.  I'm going to go forward with as much restraint as I can muster.  Thanks for all the wise words to those who know what I'm talking about.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Reminds me of no.match hair store  . If you search THE EXACT NAME of the hair you're looking for , it still shows the entire catalog .. or maybe It shows zero results . I can't remember . But either way , what the heck?

No.Match has a problem with how it uses dots and underscores in naming. If you search for the store inworld and search for "No Match", you won't find it. You have to search for No.Match. If you search for specific hair on Marketplace, you have to use the underscore, such as "No_Explosion". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

See, that's what happens when people drive on the wrong side of the road, copy the Brits, we drive on the left side, as intended. 

Hahaha!

Oh no, those images are when they are all going in the same direction on the freeway..

It gets really bad when there is only two lanes and they are coming towards you..

More people spend time in the oncoming lane than they do their own..

I counted one time on the way home from work.. 1 out of 5 stayed in their own lane.. That's about a 5 minute ride..

Phones have made it way worse than when we first got down here..

I jumped all over my nephew one time and told him to pull over  and that I was driving..

He had gotten on his phone and started texting and driving with his legs..The whole family read him the riot act and he couldn't drive for a month..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No.Match has a problem with how it uses dots and underscores in naming. If you search for the store inworld and search for "No Match", you won't find it. You have to search for No.Match. If you search for specific hair on Marketplace, you have to use the underscore, such as "No_Explosion". 

Honestly finding in world stores using the search is such a pain! with many you can't just type in the brand name. I know traffic ranking in results etc makes this a pretty bad way of finding a place in general but some of them just don't seem to exist in those search results even if you scroll and click through pages.

It would be good if stores could have a sort of keyword they can use to aid discovery in search, a little like the old days of AOL :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Honestly finding in world stores using the search is such a pain! with many you can't just type in the brand name. I know traffic ranking in results etc makes this a pretty bad way of finding a place in general but some of them just don't seem to exist in those search results even if you scroll and click through pages.

It would be good if stores could have a sort of keyword they can use to aid discovery in search, a little like the old days of AOL :)

Ya, I try to get as much info from the MP or usually something will pop up in the groups section since that's much more wide and throws up anything close to the name..

• Like 1

Peeve: Piecemeal and inconsistent applications of new standards in SL.

So, when PBR went live a while ago, I decided to buy some PBR textures on the MP to test them out. One of them had clearly been put together without reference to the standards the LL was using for creating PBR materials, didn't include an actual glTF file, included confusing instructions, and used a different nomenclature for the component parts that LL has established.

The other included only the materials glTF file, without anything you could use for the legacy textures and materials -- meaning that anyone not on a PBR viewer would see a blank where the texture should be.

And a couple of weeks ago, I bought an Art Deco table lamp that may or may not have been labelled as PBR enabled (I don't recall the ad, and I can't find that info on the packaging either). The real problem is that it's textured with only PBR materials -- which again means that probably 80% of those coming to visit are going to see a pure white mesh object without textures.

I think I'm going to hold off on buying things designed for PBR viewing for a while. 

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Midnoot said:

It's time to let flexi hair die anyway . The future is now . :3

Nope -- there are a few nice mesh hairs with flexi attachments that give it a more realism look.  If done right, it isn't horrid looking or extremely high in CI.  Even a few of the older short styles are still okay.  It's the long styles where the hair flows through your body (shoulders, boobs, chest, etc..) that really suck.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope -- there are a few nice mesh hairs with flexi attachments that give it a more realism look.  If done right, it isn't horrid looking or extremely high in CI.  Even a few of the older short styles are still okay.  It's the long styles where the hair flows through your body (shoulders, boobs, chest, etc..) that really suck.

b7626d48b9fb41ba9f10b95c40fc7612.jpg

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 3

I am peeved that a major website which promised to hide my real name under a display name failed to do so, and left it that way for days despite repeated pleas for it to be fixed. Well, it's been fixed at last, and those who would have been most keen to know my name will probably have seen it and placed it in their Big File of RL Information We Hold to Make Ourselves Feel Powerful.  I reminded myself that they are irrelevant, and I'm really not important enough to be too worried, but the problem has hit other people, who might have more serious worries, like stalkers.  It's really not good enough.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TIL, quote: "Careen means to move in a swaying or tilting motion, career means to move quickly or with great speed, and carom means to rebound from one surface to another."

This explains my "career".

Don't forget carouse and caramba !

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: Yesterday I finally saw a situation where, if I rez a legacy build, it is almost completely dark inside (at certain shared environment times) with my current graphics settings under PBR.

D'oh!

This is a Peeve because, anyone visiting, or even I, must override the default settings so they aren't sitting in the dark. (Unless I rez a light source and etc. etc. etc.)

I think that I missed this because, when testing PBR in my "cavern", I had some reflection probes setup that made it "not dark".

..Peeved.

• Like 1

And another thing...people who IM you with an RP emote.  And...especially one like this...

"Then he notices something interesting and slowly approaches you from behind and sharply slaps your ass, hear a sweet sound to his ears. Forcing you to give him your attention."

The only thing you forced me to do was ignore you.  Not only did you think I'd appreciate a slap on the ass but then you proceed to tell me how to respond?  I don't think so.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And another thing...people who IM you with an RP emote.  And...especially one like this...

"Then he notices something interesting and slowly approaches you from behind and sharply slaps your ass, hear a sweet sound to his ears. Forcing you to give him your attention."

The only thing you forced me to do was ignore you.  Not only did you think I'd appreciate a slap on the ass but then you proceed to tell me how to respond?  I don't think so.

Why and how do jackasses like this still exist????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

"surprised by the attack, but her martial arts training always at the ready, she spun around and kneed him hard enough that he wouldn't be thinking of that body part for a week other then the pain. She then derendered and blocked him and advised other females to do the same with this character."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

"surprised by the attack, but her martial arts training always at the ready, she spun around and kneed him hard enough that he wouldn't be thinking of that body part for a week other then the pain. She then derendered and blocked him and advised other females to do the same with this character."

That's what I usually do but I just wasn't in the mood today.  I just rolled my eyes and ignored him altogether.  

Ladies, does this EVER work?  I honestly don't know anyone who appreciates this approach.  Now, if you RP emote something nice or funny, I usually will come back with a short response but then mention that I prefer to just chat.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3