2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Someone posting in a public space without a spoiler notice the main things that happen in episode 8 of Fargo.

I was reading Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens before Christmas, and it's really long (but good!👍)...there are a LOT of characters, so I looked up a minor one online...and the first site gave away a major plot twist :(

And have been reading Tale Of Two Cities since Xmas...and the same thing happened thanks to Wikipedia 😡

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Sadly, until another viewer implements something akin to Firestorm's custom AO feature in terms of UX, I can't make the switch to any other viewer. I really despise any HUD on my screen.

If you had any decent AO script (modern), you could put it any attachment you wear instead of a HUD.

(That's what I'd do. This would also work with the old open-to-change ZHAO-II scripts that only used an on/off button for the HUD, but those scripts do a lot of stuff modern AO scripts don't need to do because of newer LSL functions for animation override.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

People you choose not to engage with stalking your profile and then trying to use your partner as a proxy to talk to you.

I really 🤬 hate this kind of 🤬 thing. So much so, that I'm having a hard time forming this sentence without peppering it with swear words. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you had any decent AO script (modern), you could put it any attachment you wear instead of a HUD.

(That's what I'd do. This would also work with the old open-to-change ZHAO-II scripts that only used an on/off button for the HUD, but those scripts do a lot of stuff modern AO scripts don't need to do because of newer LSL functions for animation override.)

With FS's AO though I don't need a script. I drag the individual animations into a panel, name that panel say "Default Human", and simply switch between that AO set and say, a slow dance AO set where all the animation dances were dragged into the "standing" category. I don't want to deal with scripts. Or am I missing something? No attachment's needed either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Or am I missing something?

Not really, most "traditional" AO's just use a Notecard with categories; or, some simpler AO's may merely cycle through whatever animations are in inventory (when appropriate, they would only override a single thing).

7 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

No attachment's needed either.

The point of an attachment is, you have to click on SOMETHING to activate / deactivate (and where the script actually runs).

The old ZHAO-II HUD I use just has a very tiny ON/OFF button.  Since I never change the animations in it, the setup was on-time. (Put animations in it, list them in the notecard, done.)  So, I forget it's there since it is so small.

I bet SOME other viewer besides FS has a built-in AO by now.  (As I recall, it used to have an "LSL Bridge" object you wore that made certain things work, too.)

10 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

With FS's AO though I don't need a script. I drag the individual animations into a panel, name that panel say "Default Human", and simply switch between that AO set and say, a slow dance AO set where all the animation dances were dragged into the "standing" category. I don't want to deal with scripts. Or am I missing something? No attachment's needed either.

I'm always waiting for my FS AO to get going when I first get to a sim..

I'll use  the Zhao ll which mine only has 4 scripts in it and it loads much quicker than the FS..

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm always waiting for my FS AO to get going when I first get to a sim..

I'll use  the Zhao ll which mine only has 4 scripts in it and it loads much quicker than the FS..

Same, my ZHAO-II is so old it only has 2 scripts! I hacked it years ago to interface with it, now all that is replaced by calling llAnimationOverride().

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Same, my ZHAO-II is so old it only has 2 scripts! I hacked it years ago to interface with it, now all that is replaced by calling llAnimationOverride().

It might only be two.. For some reason I remember something about 4 scripts.. hehehe I might be thinking of something else.. I just know it's realyl low on script count for sure..

18 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I really 🤬 hate this kind of 🤬 thing. So much so, that I'm having a hard time forming this sentence without peppering it with swear words. 

I logged in one day to find I had some "friendly" IM from somebody I had never heard of let alone met, a query revealed that it was one of the MANY sock puppet alts of a certain forumite that I often disagree with just sending me a "friendly" stalker message.

Gah!

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I logged in one day to find I had some "friendly" IM from somebody I had never heard of let alone met, a query revealed that it was one of the MANY sock puppet alts of a certain forumite that I often disagree with just sending me a "friendly" stalker message.

Gah!

That's incredibly annoying. Why don't people just not interact with people they don't want to. The amount of effort people go to, to have the last word is mind boggling. 

• Like 3

Peeve: being sick the whole year so far! \o/

I felt something coming on New Years eve in my sinuses, then woke up new years day with no voice and soar throat and fever and headaches.. I didn't go in Tuesday , then went in Wednesday and Thursday, which the whole time just wanted to be home and in bed..

Then everything went down to just dry nose and then water nose, then dry nose, then water nose.. More like Desert nose, then tsunami nose.. hehehe

Then thought it was kind of calming down yesterday.. Then last night it's like  back again, dry, wet ,dry, wet..

I'm on my second roll of Charmin Gentle that has lotion or something  in the paper, since yesterday..

Is anyone else having like, the worst cold ever or whatever this roller coaster nose ride is?

I don't think I can drink any more grapefruit juice without getting Grape fruit juice poisoning.. hehehe

Omg the sneezing and then the almost  but didn't sneeze.. Then  the, sneeze like  it was making up for the one you didn't sneeze the last time.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Is anyone else having like, the worst cold ever or whatever this roller coaster nose ride is?

There's a lot of it going around at the moment! :|

Whiskey, boiled water, a lemon slice and some honey - drink it all right before bed...this has worked for me in the past! Or make a tom yum soup with an overdose of garlic, ginger and chillis 🔥 Get well soon!

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

There's a lot of it going around at the moment! :|

Whiskey, boiled water, a lemon slice and some honey - drink it all right before bed...this has worked for me in the past! Or make a tom yum soup with an overdose of garlic, ginger and chillis 🔥 Get well soon!

I was downing tablespoons of raw unfiltered honey when my throat was raw.. I swear that does wonders for throats..

I'm gonna try the other things you mentioned also. Thank you :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I felt something coming on New Years eve in my sinuses, then woke up new years day with no voice and soar throat and fever and headaches.. I didn't go in Tuesday , then went in Wednesday and Thursday, which the whole time just wanted to be home and in bed..

Then everything went down to just dry nose and then water nose, then dry nose, then water nose.. More like Desert nose, then tsunami nose.. hehehe

Then thought it was kind of calming down yesterday.. Then last night it's like  back again, dry, wet ,dry, wet..

I'm on my second roll of Charmin Gentle that has lotion or something  in the paper, since yesterday..

I don't think I can drink any more grapefruit juice without getting Grape fruit juice poisoning.. hehehe

Omg the sneezing and then the almost  but didn't sneeze.. Then  the, sneeze like  it was making up for the one you didn't sneeze the last time.. hehehe

Allergic reactions can resemble a cold or flu. They can also last several days. Mine lasted several decades before I moved somewhere that isn't the south.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Allergic reactions can resemble a cold or flu. They can also last several days. Mine lasted several decades before I moved somewhere that isn't the south.

This is from something that's been going around.. I felt it coming on Sunday in my sinuses and the back roof of my mouth.. When that happens, I know I'm in for a good two to three weeks of misery.. hehehe

I lost my voice new years day and throat was raw as can be, head pounding and fever..

Tuesday when I called my boss in the mornign to tell her I was gonna be staying home.. I was speaking in half words..

She was like omg  Stay home!! you sound terrible.. lol

This is just the tail end of it is all.. The fever is pretty much gone the throats pain is gone.. then energy is starting to get a little better level.. It's this itching in my nose and sinuses and  wondering if I'm gonna have any nose skin left before it's all said and done.. hehehehe

Like usual, there will be enough nose skin for the next time around.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yes. Got the tickle shortly after family left on the 30th and it has turned into full on phlegmy painful feverish horribleness with raspy cough that won't go away.

I was convinced it was the latest iteration of you know what but I have been testing and apparently not. Given my experience with that virus though I'd much rather have it than whatever this horrible thing is.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yes. Got the tickle shortly after family left on the 30th and it has turned into full on phlegmy painful feverish horribleness with raspy cough that won't go away.

I was convinced it was the latest iteration of you know what but I have been testing and apparently not. Given my experience with that virus though I'd much rather have it than whatever this horrible thing is.

One of my cousins and her husband came down sometime after Christmas on their way to Florida and stopped by everyone's homes to visit for a short bit..

We weren't home when they came by to see us so we missed them.. We didn't really know they were coming..

Anyways, It ends up that everyone they went and visited, ended up getting covid from them..

My Father was already having the worst time as it was..  Right before the Holiday, he had a propane leak  from the line to his fireplace that almost killed him.. He called us and we went over and were going to take him to the hospital, but once he got out of the house he said he was starting to feel better..

That's when my husband said. I bet you have a leak.. My husband went to go  inside and said he could just smell it before he made it to the door..My husband ended up fixing that..

Then the next day my fathers chest was starting to hurt and he was having a harder time breathing. So we took him to the doctor..  That leak must have triggered pneumonia, because He ended up with that..

He stayed with us for a couple more days until he was feeling better, then went back home..

Then After Christmas He starts feeling bad again so he would go outside get some fresh air then go back in and start feeling bad again..

We went back over and my husband started looking around his furnace and water heater.. His flu pipe for his furnace where it bends had broken and the fumes were going into the house instead of outside..

I've never seen my father in such a weakened state before like those three events put him through..

Then him getting covid from my cousin and her husband after all that.. If he didn't get more gray hair, I sure did..

He said covid didn't do much to him at all compared to the last couple weeks he's been having already.. lol

He's still so hard core.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2024 at 4:43 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

image.jpeg.44ce48b2dee1b0b76f1ce11a3d83c5d7.jpeg

Accidentally leaving 'Stretch Textures' unchecked and then resizing a very large and complex mesh link set.

I do this all the time. Manually changing texture repeats to "1.000" didn't fix it?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Mine also started on New Year's Eve -- my husband's started on Christmas Eve and was mostly gone by New Year's.

Sniffles and then dry nose, rinse repeat.  Super sore throat, mostly from the nasal drainage down into the throat, coughing and even really dizzy one day.  Was off & on tired most of last week, taking a short nap after work each day (since I WFH, I did work at least part of each day). 

Then yesterday the cough moved from the throat down into the upper chest, making everything hurt when I cough.  I went down for a nap at Noon and slept until 5:30 pm.  Got up and ate some soup that my husband fixed me.  Back in bed at 6:15 pm and didn't wake up until 9:15 this morning.

I'm not tired anymore, but the sniffles, sore throat, and cough are still there, and now I've got a bit of the chills/hot flickering back and forth.

I don't remember the last time I've felt this icky - it wasn't even this bad when I got Covid 2 years ago.  I did take a covid test a few days ago, but it was negative.  So maybe RSV or just a bad URI.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was downing tablespoons of raw unfiltered honey when my throat was raw.. I swear that does wonders for throats..

I'm gonna try the other things you mentioned also. Thank you :D

Stop me if I have mentioned this before (I have ) but I still swear by vaporized propylene glycol as the best remedy against a wide array of potential respiratory ailments. Best used if it is just coming on but also may well prevent it from getting too bad due to its anti-bacterial and viral efficacy.

Propylene glycol inactivates respiratory viruses and prevents airborne transmission

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 4:48 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Needed a specific wrench for a drum.

Realized I only have adjustable wrenches. Ordered a wrench set.

Owning a good wrench set can't be a bad thing IMHO.

• Like 3