4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am by no means clear that this is a new rule. It might just be the way in which Dakota expressed his issues with that particular thread -- a thread that would likely have been closed anyway for any number of reasons and rules already well-known and in place.

I don't think we need to panic about this, or even speculate as to what it might or might not mean yet. I requested a clarification so that we can be clear on whether or not this will impact in the way you suggest.

My personal guess is that it won't, and that this isn't really a "new rule" at all, but rather a not-very-clearly expressed "suggestion" that the JIRA be used for this kind of thing. I suspect that Dakota wasn't intending to signal a new policy at all.

But I'd like to know for sure, as we've been caught a little unprepared for some previous shifts (see the BB debacle, for instance), so I've asked for this clarification.

For myself I am pretty sure this is a new rule because when a Linden rather than a Mole closes a thread and posts what appears to be a new rule, the Mods before now have then acted on that new ruling in subsequent incidences. I think OP's will need to be careful in future in starting a thread that calls in specific Lindens as well as positing changes to the current system. So I better not make a new thread that I think PBR is crap and should be thrown in the trash as an example.

• Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

For myself I am pretty sure this is a new rule because when a Linden rather than a Mole closes a thread and posts what appears to be a new rule, the Mods before now have then acted on that new ruling in subsequent incidences. I think OP's will need to be careful in future in starting a thread that calls in specific Lindens as well as positing changes to the current system. So I better not make a new thread that I think PBR is crap and should be thrown in the trash as an example.

Well, possibly.

That's what I hope to find out.

If we don't get a response on my Forums Feedback thread, we might consider directly asking Quartz or Dyna, who've always been very helpful in this sort of thing, to find out for us.

Or . . . we leave well enough alone, and simply assume until further evidence arises that nothing has changed. I'm not sure that that isn't actually the best solution.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It can't be a new rule though if it's a rule already and the changes date on community standards is from back in June..

This page was last edited on 2 June 2011, at 17:44.

ETA: I think I grabbed the wrong page.. that say's 2011.. LOL

This is the right one From the forums guidelines

This page was last edited on 29 July 2022, at 14:20.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Or . . . we leave well enough alone, and simply assume until further evidence arises that nothing has changed. I'm not sure that that isn't actually the best solution.

This. ^^^^^^

We will find out soon enough.
"Never question moderation", covers everything  Lindens or Moles do.  So basically no other reasons needed.

I think it was Dakota trying to be nice and point Count in the direction of the Jira.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

This. ^^^^^^

We will find out soon enough.
"Never question moderation", covers everything  Lindens or Moles do.  So basically no other reasons needed.

I think it was Dakota trying to be nice and point Count in the direction of the Jira.

Again, you may be right.

My hesitation is born of the three day suspension I got when the "understood" rule -- "Thou Shalt Not Repost a Thread that Has Been Closed by Moderation" -- suddenly and unexpectedly became "Thou Shalt Not Even Mention a Subject from a Thread that Has Been Closed by Moderation."

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Here we go. Panic averted: it's business as usual.

We'll turn off the sirens and flashing lights: please return to your homes.

And thank you, @Dyna Mole 🙂

So where are we supposed to be able to discuss any "changes to the system" that we want to introduce on the JIRA before creating a JIRA? Since, as I understood it, the OP wasn't making a request for a change but for a discussion about a possible change before making a request.

Not that it will make any difference for me. Mine would be shot down before it ever got the first response.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Here we go. Panic averted: it's business as usual.

We'll turn off the sirens and flashing lights: please return to your homes.

And thank you, @Dyna Mole 🙂

I think it was more about HOW the discussion was started and not what was being discussed per se.  If I had started it, I might have posed it as a question instead of statements of 'facts'.   "How does everyone feel about such and such?". Do you think it could be implemented?  Would it make a difference?"

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So where are we supposed to be able to discuss any "changes to the system" that we want to introduce on the JIRA before creating a JIRA? Since, as I understood it, the OP wasn't making a request for a change but for a discussion about a possible change before making a request.

Not that it will make any difference for me. Mine would be shot down before it ever got the first response.

The OP was not asking for any sort of discussion whatsoever - they laid out their manifesto and made it very clear that they did not wish to have any actual discussion, even going so far as to call out those who have held views contrary to their own (many of those viewed rooted in actual reality) and attempting to dissuade such users from posting in the thread.

In short all that OP wanted was a bunch of "yes" people.

The way it was shut down was a very gentle hand slap to the OP considering some of their antics and overall tone across many topics.

Furthermore the thread in question was making a demand - not a request of any sort.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

The OP was not asking for any sort of discussion whatsoever - they laid out their manifesto and made it very clear that they did not wish to have any actual discussion, even going so far as to call out those who have held views contrary to their own (many of those viewed rooted in actual reality) and attempting to dissuade such users from posting in the thread.

In short all that OP wanted was a bunch of "yes" people.

The way it was shut down was a very gentle hand slap to the OP considering some of their antics and overall tone across many topics.

Furthermore the thread in question was making a demand - not a request of any sort.

Didn't matter how it was presented and you know that. It would have played out the same way regardless of how it was presented.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, if it gets too dull around here, I can always fabricate a crisis!

I'm pretty sure the Service Timetable said the next Crisis is due on Friday night, so we have a couple of days to fortify our selves, stock up on "Captain Oldbie's Travellers Applewood Smoked Furry Jerky", and Medicinal Vodka beforehand, ready for the ordeal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The last two weeks I got my covid booster, a pneumococci shot and the yearly flue jab.
Peeve: Now I have to deal with all these implanted 5G antennas and signals.
😁

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Last night I finally finished the Halloween Shop & Hop, including trying on all Demos that I had grabbed, buying what I wanted, and spending the gift cards that I cared about.

And this morning I see this
  *sigh*

image.png.300871dc16245b2896494698915085cf.png

Yeah, it's crazy! Mariah Carey hasn't barely gotten time to be unfrozen.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah, it's crazy! Mariah Carey hasn't barely gotten time to be unfrozen.

But there is already a new lawsuit, so Christmas is just around the corner.
Only 53 days left.

Mmm. I better check if I still have enough tinsel.
And where is my recipe for the ginger bread Christmas pudding?

Wait a sec:
Only 16 days until good old St Nicolaas arrives in the Netherlands.
Wait, wait, wait, there is more..... in 8 days the Carnival season starts.  And I don't have tickets for the opening ceremony!!
Yikes.....  Sold out.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47htbxn30ls5j15d7vl1

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Last night I finally finished the Halloween Shop & Hop, including trying on all Demos that I had grabbed, buying what I wanted, and spending the gift cards that I cared about.

And this morning I see this
  *sigh*

image.png.300871dc16245b2896494698915085cf.png

Aww come on, we haven't digested the Halloween candies yet. 😂

• Like 4