1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: When someone jinxes an interesting thread by saying "This is going so well. 10 pages already. "

( jk. It's not your fault, Love.)

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

lol! At least I did not say things like, "In before the lock."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:41 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm trying to remember more things that it might be also..If I can think of any I'll post them.. I hope  tomorrow is a better day for you.. I would have broke down in tear just in the morning part of a day like that. you're pretty tough..

I definitely appreciate the help, really!

Sunday did not go any better than Saturday, lmao. It's definitely the blower motor and getting that fixed/replaced is just a whole separate swarm of angry bees. At least I know it's bad before winter hits, so I have some time. It'll still be a bit cheaper than a whole new furnace, although not by much, anything saved is better than nothing saved. 

Oh well, that's what I get for having a house isn't it? The joys of things breaking unexpectedly is all part of the process. It hasn't killed me yet, so I must be doing something right.

My adulting still needs some work, but I'll get there, eventually. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

I definitely appreciate the help, really!

Sunday did not go any better than Saturday, lmao. It's definitely the blower motor and getting that fixed/replaced is just a whole separate swarm of angry bees. At least I know it's bad before winter hits, so I have some time. It'll still be a bit cheaper than a whole new furnace, although not by much, anything saved is better than nothing saved. 

Oh well, that's what I get for having a house isn't it? The joys of things breaking unexpectedly is all part of the process. It hasn't killed me yet, so I must be doing something right.

My adulting still needs some work, but I'll get there, eventually. 

You're welcome and I hope things start to turn for the better..

If the furnace is not that old and even within 5 years, make sure you check your paperwork to see if you maybe have a parts and labor warranty when it was put in.. There is a manufacture warranty on them , but also some companies that sell them and put them in, sometimes sell those 5 years parts and labor warranties too..

If it's older than 5 years then probably not, but still worth checking to see what the manufacturers warranty is.. It may only be one year from parts from them..

You never know.. hehehe

• Like 4

This isn't much of a peeve, more a sigh and "Oh well".  I've been with a certain bank for over 20 years.  I decided to move my account, and the process is due to complete at the end of this week.  My old bank has said not a word to me about it; I suppose that's professional of them, just to carry out my orders, but a bit of me feels deflated that they don't care enough to even try offering me a good deal to stay.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

This isn't much of a peeve, more a sigh and "Oh well".  I've been with a certain bank for over 20 years.  I decided to move my account, and the process is due to complete at the end of this week.  My old bank has said not a word to me about it; I suppose that's professional of them, just to carry out my orders, but a bit of me feels deflated that they don't care enough to even try offering me a good deal to stay.

Maybe they're not allowed to, in case they get accused of harrassing or trying to persuade customers? I am guessing...I don't know how it works 🤔 I think a lot of these deals are handled automatically too, you enter your request and it all gets sorted without a human overseeing it. I know what you mean though...I was hoping my old mobile provider would offer me a new phone to stay when I switched last year, but nothing...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have been with the same internet provider for 17 years and am in the process of changing due to seeing a very good deal with another company with a good reputation. 

It did please me to receive an email from the old company saying they were sorry to see me go... so I totally understand your deflatedness. Here is a hug for you - if you want it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: Cinnamon (girl Husky) was outside last night and the door blew shut.

I found out this morning when I heard her "scrabbling" (clawing) at the glass door.  

It's ok to bark, girl!

It's not cold in Florida. Plus..Husky. (I'm sure she was completely happy out there until she decided it was finally time to get my attention.)

The general solution is, prop that door open with a brick.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Maybe they're not allowed to, in case they get accused of harrassing or trying to persuade customers? I am guessing...I don't know how it works 🤔 I think a lot of these deals are handled automatically too, you enter your request and it all gets sorted without a human overseeing it. I know what you mean though...I was hoping my old mobile provider would offer me a new phone to stay when I switched last year, but nothing...

They are allowed to. That's how I got my "senior" account and aren't charged monthly fees of any kind. Only fee is overdraft ($35US per) and I've managed to avoid that for many years now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They are allowed to. That's how I got my "senior" account and aren't charged monthly fees of any kind. Only fee is overdraft ($35US per) and I've managed to avoid that for many years now.

So Garnet and I have been given second-class treatment 😤 I think we should call the Ombudsman! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

So Garnet and I have been given second-class treatment 😤 I think we should call the Ombudsman! 

Not necessarily. You do have to ask. All I had to do was explain my needs and limits after I told them I would have to find another bank if they couldn't accommodate my needs. They don't like losing customers even if they don't make any money off your account(s).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Cinnamon (girl Husky) was outside last night and the door blew shut.

I found out this morning when I heard her "scrabbling" (clawing) at the glass door.  

It's ok to bark, girl!

It's not cold in Florida. Plus..Husky. (I'm sure she was completely happy out there until she decided it was finally time to get my attention.)

The general solution is, prop that door open with a brick.

Hmmmmmmm, a door propped open all night and a husky who won't bark..........  What could possibly go wrong???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Ah but Silent is not here in the UK with us, where the customer service had certainly gone downhill over the years (yet they dare to send out text messages and emails asking "How did we do?"!). 

My internet service provider and fuel company has this "hilarious" paragraph in their monthly bumph that advises me there are other ISPs and fuel companies and I might want to compare prices/offers.

It seems they don't want or need my (our) business!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Hmmmmmmm, a door propped open all night and a husky who won't bark..........  What could possibly go wrong???

PUPPIES!  I mean, that's what happened when my dog stayed out all night unattended.  I was a bit peeved at first but got over it.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ah but Silent is not here in the UK with us, where the customer service had certainly gone downhill over the years (yet they dare to send out text messages and emails asking "How did we do?"!). 

My internet service provider and fuel company has this "hilarious" paragraph in their monthly bumph that advises me there are other ISPs and fuel companies and I might want to compare prices/offers.

It seems they don't want or need my (our) business!

Silent, though, says, 

You do have to ask. All I had to do was explain my needs and limits after I told them I would have to find another bank if they couldn't accommodate my needs. 

That's a bit different from simply closing your account and move it elsewhere (to take advantage of the new bank's offer of a cash bonus for moving accounts?).   Silent was asking the bank if they wanted to keep her business rather than presenting them with a fait accompli.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1