29 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm a bit peeved that when I click on a topic I'm not taken to the first unread one any more but to the top of the page where it sits.  It's confusing.

At least it doesn't take you to the BOTTOM of the next page, so you have to scroll all the way up to read that first post like it does me. 

Edit: Try clicking on the dot or star next to the thread title, that will take you to the first unread post.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, I had a LOT of problems. The googly eyes were a constant chore to fix. Main thing, though - I was furious that CSRs were straight up telling everyone not to use animations. Huge peeve. It's why I never moved beyond the free gift, and eventually let that collect dust. I mean...that's my entire reason for even using a mesh head in the first place, are you kidding? When I came back in 2020, I fought the idea of upgrading to mesh right until the moment my SL bestie told me that mesh heads would allow me to make even funnier faces. Ran RIGHT out and bought a Catwa. 🤣 Did not disappoint.

I only use the basic animations on a face, and even those tend to bug me after a while (any brand). I have noticed (for years and a huge peeve) that I constantly had to reset the blinking on my Genus head. I do want blinking and not a flat stare.

I am rarely a neko, but I am sometimes, and love it when I am except... if you try it with the old Genus head that I have, you got huge divots in the skull. The only fix I found for it was to wear a hair style that covered it, which rather interfered with styling at times. I hope they fixed that so I can wear my cute, wiggly bento ears (that are now ancient probably...) with or without hair.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I only use the basic animations on a face, and even those tend to bug me after a while (any brand). I have noticed (for years and a huge peeve) that I constantly had to reset the blinking on my Genus head. I do want blinking and not a flat stare.

I am rarely a neko, but I am sometimes, and love it when I am except... if you try it with the old Genus head that I have, you got huge divots in the skull. The only fix I found for it was to wear a hair style that covered it, which rather interfered with styling at times. I hope they fixed that so I can wear my cute, wiggly bento ears (that are now ancient probably...) with or without hair.

I'm super fond of leaving full mocap moods on constant cycle on whatever head I'm wearing, so being unable to play with that with Genus was an immediate turnoff and a peeve. It's also why I don't really wear Lel or AK much, either. Their moods and expressions are nowhere near intense or dramatic enough for my dumb butt. 🤣

I am literally the type of person who would ask creators to add ridiculous faces to their animation sets (and did get surprised with a "HotMess" full face and "Goofy" animated tongue mood added to the updates for the fantasy heads I wear). I swear, that's what they're called in the HUD...omg...love. 

Funny enough, one of them is also a neko head.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not a peeve: Running into @Scylla Rhiadra at her gallery showing of "Geometries of the Human" a few days ago. (If you haven't seen it, I would highly suggest it. The images are stunning, the quotes that go with are a perfect addition, everything is just so well done. (I'll be expecting my L$ kickback soon, Scylla...))

Not a peeve: Hearing that Genus has FINALLY updated their heads. omg. And I just multi-multi posted on a related thread about that on another subforum. Totally fainting in disbelief.

PEEVE: Being unable to move my avatar around effectively in SL because I have been inworld so rarely. In SL I use the arrow keys for movement. I've been playing a lot of Vintage Story and use WASD. My fingers can't figure out the difference. Also, Peeve Corollary: I can't figure out my viewer any more! Trying to cam around Scylla's exhibit was rather laughable. Le sigh.

PEEVE: It is becoming obvious to me (has for months), that hanging out in the SL Forums kept me somewhat informed on what is going on inworld. If I hadn't run into Scylla, I would have never have learned of the Genus update. Posting in another thread I learn that Lara X is coming out soon. Heaven only knows what else I don't know about. I've never been all that tech-savvy in SL (don't feel like spending the time to get a PhD in SL), but yikes...  I'm peeved that that might mean I spend more time back here. Maybe. Dunno. But I don't like not knowing BASIC stuff, ya know?

PEEVE: After seeing Scylla's exhibit, my fingers (that can't stop using WASD), really want to take some photos again in SL but my computer just is NOT up to it, not where it would be enjoyable, and so... pout. I can't/won't.

ETA. PS: Yes, I know I can change my preferences to use WASD in SL. But that would eliminate the need to whine.

Takeaways from this:

1) You need to post more regularly in the forums again.

2) You need to start taking pics again. Even with a crappy computer.

3) Your cheque is in the mail.

No really. I mean it this time!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I only use the basic animations on a face, and even those tend to bug me after a while (any brand).

This.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm super fond of leaving full mocap moods on constant cycle on whatever head I'm wearing, so being unable to play with that with Genus was an immediate turnoff and a peeve. It's also why I don't really wear Lel or AK much, either. Their moods and expressions are nowhere near intense or dramatic enough for my dumb butt. 🤣

I am literally the type of person who would ask creators to add ridiculous faces to their animation sets (and did get surprised with a "HotMess" full face and "Goofy" animated tongue mood added to the updates for the fantasy heads I wear). I swear, that's what they're called in the HUD...omg...love. 

Funny enough, one of them is also a neko head.

This is cool, though.

I myself much much prefer subtle and quiet facial animations.

Curious thing: I have used the LeLutka Axis head poser for years, and use it in pretty much every pic I take: it's brilliant and sooo easy to use. It doesn't work "as well," I suppose one might say, on my Genus, in that the adjustments aren't as dramatic on that head as they are on a LeLutka. And I actually like that: I can get a more subtle change in expression using it on my Genus than on a LeLutka. When I contemplated switching over completely to LeLutka a year ago, one of the disincentives was how dramatically adjustments on the Axis HUD affected LeLutka heads. I thought I'd have to start using the BD poser instead to get the more subtle looks I prefer!

• Like 3

Peeve: I just went to the announced Motown party. Crowded. No sound a lot of clouds and gray.
Seems one has to click a board to get some sort of a hud. What board the gray one? There are plenty of them.
Finally one of the boards gets a texture with a Motown logo. I take the chance and click.
Poof.... I'm teleported out.*
What a  🦀.
A well.... I did my best.

This is developed by a company with 20+ years experience in SL.
They sure know how to hide that.

* An hour later I found out, that this most likely was the moment someone banned me from the Motown sim.
👇

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: I just went to the announced Motown party. Crowded. No sound a lot of clouds and gray.
Seems one has to click a board to get some sort of a hud. What board the grey one? There are plenty of them.
Finally one of the boards gets a texture with a Motown logo. I take the chance and click.
Poof.... I'm teleported out.
What a  🦀.

They sure know how to hide it.

The sound bit with Motown seems to be mostly a cluster.  The thing that was given out during the SLB just played "clips" (unsynchronized, just for you).

I was not aware you needed anything to play "live" sound.  I'm sure someone who knows better will reply.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The sound bit with Motown seems to be mostly a cluster.  The thing that was given out during the SLB just played "clips" (unsynchronized, just for you).

I was not aware you needed anything to play "live" sound.  I'm sure someone who knows better will reply.

No need for me, I'm done with that party. I'm listening to some Motown sounds by Spotify now on my RL stereo with a glass of RL whine at hand. :)

You should be there though @Love Zhaoying: Patch is there. ☺️

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

No need for me, I'm done with that party. I'm listening to some Motown sounds on spotify now on my RL stereo eith a glass of RL whine at hand. :)

You should be there though @Love Zhaoying: Patch is there. ☺️

Any cheese to go with your whine?

I'm "working" unfortunately, although it would be a nice test for my new PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Any cheese to go with your whine?

Hey, a Dutch person and no cheese?
Impossible.
We are known as "cheese heads" (kaaskoppen).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Seems one has to click a board to get some sort of a hud. What board the gray one? There are plenty of them.
Poof.... I'm teleported out.
What a  🦀.

They sure know how to hide that.

Hmmm!

I haven't been to today's party, and ain't going, but one problem I discerned on previous visits that I hope they've fixed is that there is no way for two people dancing to listen to the same music, because you have to use those HUD things for sound, and there's no way to synchronize them.

So, you can be dancing with someone to completely different songs. Dumb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: I just tried to go back to the Motown party. Turns out now I'm banned from the Motown region. Way to go. Only because I said: "No music, no party" near a few Lindens and Moles?
🤣😎👋😆😁
I Will Survive. (That is no Motown classic) The story is about Motown for sure according Wikipedia.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

48 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: I just tried to go back to the Motown party. Turns out now I'm banned from the Motown region. Way to go. Only because I said: "No music, no party" near a few Lindens and Moles?

I peeked in there briefly, thought it kind of awkward to watch people dance when there was no music. Reminded me of this .. 

Getting banned for it sucks though, that feels extremely heavy-handed if your statement was what triggered it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Orwar said:

I peeked in there briefly, thought it kind of awkward to watch people dance when there was no music. Reminded me of this .. 

Getting banned for it sucks though, that feels extremely heavy-handed if your statement was what triggered it. 

I've seen friends post on Facebook about "silent disco". Basically, get-together where everyone wears headphones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

🤣😎👋😆😁
I Will Survive. (That is no Motown classic) The story is about Motown for sure according Wikipedia.

How in the world could you get banned? Click the wrong thing? 

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

🤣😎👋😆😁

That's because it's a hunt. 

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How in the world could you get banned? Click the wrong thing? 

I don't care. If they don't want me there, it is their loss.
Their land, their rules and stuff, just like on every other sim in SL.
There are still a few left that I can visit.

I still love Motown records. That will not change.
I was a mainly soul and disco DJ during my student time in the weekends.

But I guess I will not apply if LL ever decides to hire a DJ for the Motown Sim. :)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't care. If they don't want me there, it is their loss.
Their land, their rules and stuff, just like on every other sim in SL.
There are still a few left that I can visit.

I still love Motown records. That will not change.
I was a mainly soul and disco DJ during my student time in the weekends.

But I guess I will not apply if LL ever decides to hire a DJ for the Motown Sim. :)

Some of us can't hear it anyway, because of the country we live in.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, I had a LOT of problems. The googly eyes were a constant chore to fix. Main thing, though - I was furious that CSRs were straight up telling everyone not to use animations. Huge peeve. It's why I never moved beyond the free gift, and eventually let that collect dust. I mean...that's my entire reason for even using a mesh head in the first place, are you kidding? When I came back in 2020, I fought the idea of upgrading to mesh right until the moment my SL bestie told me that mesh heads would allow me to make even funnier faces. Ran RIGHT out and bought a Catwa. 🤣 Did not disappoint.

I actually paid money for the damn thing a while before they started handing it out for free (thanks), immediately ran into all the bugs and too was told to just disable functions of the head, use a third party "eye lock" HUD (great, another attachment) to 'fix' the eyes etc.

The product wasn't ready for sale, as a gift I suppose some issues are fine but they were (are?) charging thousands for their product and there was significant, product-breaking bugs present that they knew about.

Just soured me to their whole operation, maybe their updates will make some things right but given the difficulty of going back to see if they have fixed it due to skin incompatibility, no thanks.

edit: was curious how much they took from me for their broken product so checked, invoice from 2019: $5500. Insane, I knew it was expensive but had forgotten just how bad it was.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3

I don't know if this is a peeve or a grumble but I feel so out of touch today.

I had reason to take taxi rides this morning.  On the way out the driver 'treated' me to Radio 1 - the Beeb's music station for young people.  After 15 minutes I almost begged him to switch it off.  There wasn't a single tune, just repetition of random noises and a few words at toddler-level comprehension, only ruder.

On the way back we stopped at a garage, where I bought one of those meal deals.  The sandwich was great, the crisps fine, but the drink ... well, I had my first ever Red Bull, sugar-free.  I took three glugs and gave up as it smelled like a newly-painted sweetshop, and had a commensurate taste.

Are people being poisoned physically and mentally, or am I just incredibly old?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I had reason to take taxi rides this morning.  On the way out the driver 'treated' me to Radio 1 - the Beeb's music station for young people.  After 15 minutes I almost begged him to switch it off.  There wasn't a single tune, just repetition of random noises and a few words at toddler-level comprehension, only ruder.

On the way back we stopped at a garage, where I bought one of those meal deals.  The sandwich was great, the crisps fine, but the drink ... well, I had my first ever Red Bull, sugar-free.  I took three glugs and gave up as it smelled like a newly-painted sweetshop, and had a commensurate taste.

Red Bull have been enormously successful in selling something that tastes like medicine, I suppose it's their unique selling point. The sugar free is even more medicinal!

I think it maybe stems from the products roots, these types of drinks emerged in Asia and I believe were deliberately formulated to taste medicinal to back up their various claims that really amount to very little, they were always just a way of selling caffeine. It almost feels like these products were a resurgence of 19th/early 20th century snake oil tonics that also more often than not were just a way of selling stimulants.

In a way these very strange tastes can be good though, I have fond memories of the 'banana' flavored antibiotics I got as a child. Not a huge fan of Red Bull but I think they've deliberately leaned into making the product taste completely strange and unnatural.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Maybe it's both.

Undoubtedly the generation that are living on Red Bull/Monster/Lucozade are also poisoning themselves with all those delicious-sounding vape flavours too. I can't believe it's seen as a good thing to suck on what looks like a pen and exhale fruit and caramel scented vapour. 

The last time I heard Radio 1 was unfortunately while having dental treatment. The dentist was a nice person, but an appalling dentist. She told me she hated having her fingers in people's mouths and currently works as an aesthetician (lip fillers etc) in Sheffield. 

BBC Radio 1 isn't even listed in the Total TV magazine! Maybe they don't actually schedule anything, just play random modern "music".

Take heart, Sky Arts and BBC Four will have something on later this day for both of us. 

(I wonder why some days we do feel so detached - it's like a chain of events that happens once in a while, that's for sure.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

Peeve: the costs of a fully kitted out avatar nowadays.

I went to put together an updated avatar for my sister since it would be the first time she ever used mesh. Got to the total cost of everything and it was like 45 dollars... ouch. I kind of forgot that my avatar base was built piece by piece so the price wasn't really ever an issue.

Suddenly Reborn (which is nearly half the cost) looks a lot less attractive. Hello Maitreya...? Maitreya is a more budget option, right?

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

well, I had my first ever Red Bull

🤮🤮🤮

Red Bull is VILE! :S I have NO idea why anyone would choose to drink it after their first experience...it tastes like somebody mixed cough medicine and acetone together, then added a bag of sugar 🤢 

I think the honest truth of White Monster's appeal is that it gives you energy and makes it easy to skip meals...which isn't ideal 😐 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3