5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Threads mostly filled with just a single person talking, over and over.

Small peeve - Will only have limited SL access for the next week because of vacation
(but of course, the vacation itself totally offsets the peeve)

Add to it...or filling a thread by posting pics of themselves over and over and over ad nauseum...

Have a wonderful vacay!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:
12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Threads mostly filled with just a single person talking, over and over

And quoting themselves.  😂

Peeve: ..When you think a series of Peeve comments may be about you, but then see confirmation that..they probably aren't.

D01193FC-04D0-4BB9-8FC1-F41D83DF875D.jpeg.ad6ce649de9bbf62e51219ce888d1cf0.jpeg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: All the new "MP is broken" posts. I'm too lazy to see if anyone has posted a link to the official "Sorry, we're working on it, here's all the technical details" post.

It's acting up tonight for sure..

I've had twice where I went to check out with like 4 items and only one showing when it comes time to buy..

I hit buy one time not noticing and couldn't even find my way back to the other items and wasn't about to search for them all over again.. lol

• Like 1

Peeve and feeling sorry for myself. Sitting in an airport in Texas with a hangover the size of the state from a bit too much indulging last night. Why does the sun have to be so bright? Why does it have to be hot? Why do I have to wait another 2 hours to board my plane?  Why did I do several no-hands shots?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve and feeling sorry for myself. Sitting in an airport in Texas with a hangover the size of the state from a bit too much indulging last night. Why does the sun have to be so bright? Why does it have to be hot? Why do I have to wait another 2 hours to board my plane?  Why did I do several no-hands shots?

Texas airports suck! Houston and Dallas, at least.

I'm really disappointed with a merchant. They used to be good with customer service when they first started out, now they think they're too good to respond to certain customer inquiries? I know because my eyes could see that they had responded to someone else on Discord as recent as March 2nd while my messages and IMs got crickets. They promised a product update in Oct 2022, but they yanked it from the market instead with no warning or explanation. So no updates.  I'm not asking for much. A simple yes or no would've sufficed for the "will there be an update coming for this product?".

1 minute ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm really disappointed with a merchant. They used to be good with customer service when they first started out, now they think they're too good to respond to certain customer inquiries? I know because my eyes could see that they had responded to someone else on Discord as recent as March 2nd while my messages and IMs got crickets. They promised a product update in Oct 2022, but they yanked it from the market instead with no warning or explanation. So no updates.  I'm not asking for much. A simple yes or no would've sufficed for the "will there be an update coming for this product?".

They haven't learned yet how to use "soon"!

• Haha 1

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParseString2List

• Only the first 8 separators and first 8 spacers supplied will be used. 

I just wasted an hour of research, and twenty-three hairs on my head turned grey before I found out that this was the reason why my script didn't work.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlParseString2List

I just wasted an hour of research, and twenty-three hairs on my head turned grey before I found out that this was the reason why my script didn't work.

I remember the "bad old days" of parsing Strings to Lists! JSON saved my life, or I'd be bald and dead by now!

17 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Austin to SLC to PDX. *sigh*

Decades (!) ago, Muncie to Esler Field, a short layover and plane change at Atlanta, take off from Atlanta then land in NO, take off and land in BR shortly after and then a few minutes later land at Esler. It resulted in hearing loss to add to the tinnitus I've had since I was a child. Those short hops never allowed me to relieve the pressure. Nothing worked. Not chewing gum or swallowing or anything. It's why I will never fly again and if I must for some reason I can't fathom right now, I won't set foot on anything larger than a Boeing 727.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

RL Peeve 340: My daughter ordering something from Amazon --- and having the item take 3 weeks to get to her due to traveling over the border twice --- From Canada to US and back over again.  It was supposed to be shipped 20Km from one of their WH but their system routed it over 700 Km to Detroit before it came back up here.

SL Peeve 340:  Almost something similar eons ago in world.  Went to TP to a shop and got auto TPed to another sim to click a sign.  Once clicked it would send you back. I simply thought heck with that and homeported.

• Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lol, the forums.

The people here, I guess, whom I (mostly) love.

But the range of things we can discuss here seems to be getting smaller by the day.

Idea: Pretend you're in a classroom. The teacher makes seemingly arbitrary classroom rules, to teach the class about "authority", "how the world works", "power", etc. But as part of the exercise, the class is not allowed to discuss the rules, vote on the rules, etc.

I hope that helps, as in my experience most teachers were arbitrary, capricious, and had absolute authority! 

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lol, the forums.

The people here, I guess, whom I (mostly) love.

But the range of things we can discuss here seems to be getting smaller by the day.

Oh.  I was afraid you were asking one of those existential questions.  What is the meaning of life? How can I go on without love?  How am I going to pay my taxes?

I haven't frankly noticed much of a decrease in the things we can discuss, other than the (thank you!) cap on religion and politics. People seem to keep on posting most of the same silly things we always have. At least I have.

And we love you too.  😎  (Some of us anyway.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What's even the point of this place anymore?

Seriously.

Showing off how our avatars look today, and asking where to find that dress you saw in a hair advert with a tight-lipped creator, duh!

.. Also peeves. And cat pics. Nods sagely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1