11 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Ever wonder why nobody has normal conversations in local chat anymore?

gestuebator.jpg.e4fd71efef677890120967493e297423.jpg

The good old days!

ETA: I am old enough to remember "flame wars" with walls of ASCII on BitNet intra-university (mainframe-to-mainframe) groups.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Except the "adult section" is NOT all about sex all the time..

There's a photography thread that is full of incredibly artistic shots that can't be posted outside the adult section because well, nipples, mostly. (the occasional dangly bit but mostly nipples) - but there's pictures that wouldnt be out of place in a mainstream RL art gallery, but the rules say that's the only place they can be posted in the SL forums.

There's philosophical discussions about the nature of relationships, that have to stay there because of the kink.

It's NOT wall to wall pixel-bumping :)

Oh, I know and agree -- to an extent. I should probably have been more careful in my language and tone: I wasn't tut-tutting, being dismissive, or reductive about the Adult section. I have a few pics myself in the picture thread there that aren't really about "sex" at all.

On the contrary, part of my point is that has actually become one of the most intellectually engaging areas within this forum. And that's enabled by the kinds of new freedoms that have been permitted there -- just as the constraints imposed here are making this place more arid and sterile.

At the same time, as rich as the range of topics that might be considered "Adult" are, encompassing for instance D/s or relationships and aesthetics, there is still a great deal of interest to me that does not easily fit into that category -- and a great deal that does that is not of interest to me. And I think that's true of others as well.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You may have Vsync on in your Graphics preferences...it's on by default. This limits your fps to 60. Which is not a bad thing, actually, and is why it's on by default. I turned mine off as an experiment, and got insane high frame rates. With Firestorm.

Wow. No kidding, Lindal. I turned Vsync off, and my FPS literally tripled, immediately.

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

Minor Peeve, but worth posting.

People who try to get personal with me and tell me to shut up on internet forums, instead of simply doing what I do to them in response, and hitting the Ignore button. I mean, why argue with them, when I can just make them disappear?

Just so everyone knows, the button is there for a reason, and it doesn't offend me at all when people use it. That's kinda why it's there, so you don't have to see me if you don't like me or want to see anything I have to say.

Anything less would be uncivilized.

And we thank you for your support.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

Minor Peeve, but worth posting.

People who try to get personal with me and tell me to shut up on internet forums, instead of simply doing what I do to them in response, and hitting the Ignore button. I mean, why argue with them, when I can just make them disappear?

Just so everyone knows, the button is there for a reason, and it doesn't offend me at all when people use it. That's kinda why it's there, so you don't have to see me if you don't like me or want to see anything I have to say.

Anything less would be uncivilized.

And we thank you for your support.

To add to this, people who get offended at an answer or a post. And instead of moving on and scrolling on, they get up all in your face about it. I mean there is a scroll bar and a block or hide the post for a reason. Lol 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

To add to this, people who get offended at an answer or a post. And instead of moving on and scrolling on, they get up all in your face about it. I mean there is a scroll bar and a block or hide the post for a reason. Lol 

When they speak as if they're speaking for everybody, and everybody already agrees with them, and they have no idea how many people like you as you are and like reading your posts, that's pretty silly, too. Kinda amateurish, really.

Arguing on the internet is like frogs barking.

"I AM HEEEEERE"

"Yup, me too."

"NO, IIIIIIIIIIII AM HEEEEEEEEERE!"

"Yup, big ol' frog. Hi."

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is why I imagine I'm driving a huge front end loader when that happens. I still have to wait, but now it's entertaining.

Now I'm imagining you driving an actual front end loader through a crowded drive-thru. This is a fun mental image.

Yay, thanks~!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. No kidding, Lindal. I turned Vsync off, and my FPS literally tripled, immediately.

THANK YOU!

Funnily enough ... It doesn't quite limit your FPS to 60. It limits your FPS to your Monitor Refresh rate - which is typically 60.

Mine's 144.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's a shame, I'd gladly suffer a large amount of tearing just to experience that speed demoness framerate!

SL's historically low frame rate covered up a lot of the jank and round trip latency .. 

It's like going from old tube TVs to blueray, now you can see the face paint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve 433: Speaking of demos --- having one when wearing it shouts text advertising the shop. I PMed the shop owner and all I got "You are now banned from our shop. Thank you."  The shop was gone 2 months later.

Maybe they should have used something louder than llShout()!

• Haha 1