10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's not just SL .. Don't want to see what the prices for tourist tat are in London now.

What about the money? Won't coins and bills with the Queen's picture be more valuable now? I hope they don't change over to King Charles images too soon. Do vendors take Euros and pounds?

(Euros didn't even exist when I was last in the UK & Europe.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve #129: Some merchants in world now making Queen related stuff and charging a small fortune.

Sometimes SL has a lot in common with RL, doesn't it?
There will be a ton of remembrance junk for sale over the next weeks too.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about the money? Won't coins and bills with the Queen's picture be more valuable now? I hope they don't change over to King Charles images too soon. Do vendors take Euros and pounds?

(Euros didn't even exist when I was last in the UK & Europe.)

Nah, there is such a huge pile of them in circulation.
For coin collectors they are only worth something in mint condition.
And they have a set from each year already I guess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Whose picture is on the L$?

That must be Quartz.
He writes in pluralis majestatis when he locks a thread, so adding 1 + 1 together....

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Whose picture is on the L$?

Back in the day of Money Trees, those bills just had the Second Life logo in the middle (the hand symbol with the words Second Life next to it).  Pretty sure the dollar bills were all just 1L even though there were no numbers on the bill.  If I remember right, some trees had fruit that was worth higher amounts, but the bills were all singles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve #129: Some merchants in world now making Queen related stuff and charging a small fortune.

I see this as an opportunity taken.  It's not like people are pricing gouging because everything in SL is a "want" not a "need"  If people who are creating this stuff can sell it at the price they are asking, then more power to them. That's on the buyer not the seller.  People spend money in SL on things that continue to surprise me.  Spending a fortune on Queen memorabilia seems normal.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Choosing whether to "snooze" or "unfollow" friends on social media who post jokes about the Queen / Charles & Camilla / etc.

Personally I would unfollow.  

No matter what your feelings on her as a person, the role she had in her life, or your views on the whole monarchy thing - it's disgustingly disrespectful to another human being, her family and millions of people around the globe that are feeling a tremendous sense of loss, and it's just tacky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Personally I would unfollow.  

No matter what your feelings on her as a person, the role she had in her life, or your views on the whole monarchy thing - it's disgustingly disrespectful to another human being, her family and millions of people around the globe that are feeling a tremendous sense of loss, and it's just tacky. 

Here's what I did:

- If the joke was "nasty", like an anti-Camilla joke: If I "know" them for real, I snoozed them. Otherwise, I unfollowed.

- If the joke was "innocent" but stupid/tasteless/inappropriate for the events, I snoozed them.  

- If the joke was just a harmless meme, with some positive aspect, I let them be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nah, there is such a huge pile of them in circulation.
For coin collectors they are only worth something in mint condition.
And they have a set from each year already I guess.

Well then, if it's worthless - send it to me. I will dispose of it for you.

Peeve: People just leave huge piles of worthless money laying around!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I did try!!! 

Snapshot_020.thumb.jpg.fba1e42d69dfe2042ce6ca10bc5ad0ff.jpg

I originally saw this on my phone and didn't realize what I was seeing. Opened the computer and am glad I had just set down my coffee, or I would be cleaning coffee spew off my monitor. :D

Peeve: Not knowing ANYTHING... what is this squished boob of which you speak that apparently I need to be purchasing ASAP?

Will we be wearing squished boobs while sorting inventory together alone in public trying to get picked up ignored?

Peeve: (a two-fer!) Telling Jordan that "I'm done buying hair for a while" and then her posting this picture and... I need that hair! 😍 Where? Who? 

We WILL be wearing matching hair (and matching boobs) while sorting etc etc etc

• Haha 1