Peeved off rant incoming!

So ever since we have moved, I have been getting double billed for Demon Spawn's mobile plan.  Currently I'm paying $19 each for set limit calls & data, unlimited texts.  I top up her acct with $20 each month, only for them to eat that money saying she went over her data limit so bye bye money, you have to top up again.  I questioned why they would allow her to continue using data if she had used it all up, cos after all, they stop me doing things when I have no credit - "Oh we can't do that, we just switch to casual rates of 50 cents every mb used."

So after it happening last month, I called them AGAIN to question this, as I checked the day before topping up (topped up Monday, acct renewal was Tuesday) and her acct was still in data credit and it had eaten the money saying "she went over her limit just before the top up went into effect", I did another $20 top up (now having paid $40 in two days).  That was two weeks ago.  She comes to me today saying she is having data problems when not on wifi.  I check her account...and the fornicating phone company took that extra top up I paid as well and have her no longer on the plan I pay for and everything is on those "casual rates".

So I have just spent the last hour and $140 buying her a new mobile company compatible phone and fornicate the one we're with.  I'm staying cos I never use up my data and calls and its $19!  But I'm switching hers!

PEEEEEEEVED!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Peeved off rant incoming!

So ever since we have moved, I have been getting double billed for Demon Spawn's mobile plan.  Currently I'm paying $19 each for set limit calls & data, unlimited texts.  I top up her acct with $20 each month, only for them to eat that money saying she went over her data limit so bye bye money, you have to top up again.  I questioned why they would allow her to continue using data if she had used it all up, cos after all, they stop me doing things when I have no credit - "Oh we can't do that, we just switch to casual rates of 50 cents every mb used."

So after it happening last month, I called them AGAIN to question this, as I checked the day before topping up (topped up Monday, acct renewal was Tuesday) and her acct was still in data credit and it had eaten the money saying "she went over her limit just before the top up went into effect", I did another $20 top up (now having paid $40 in two days).  That was two weeks ago.  She comes to me today saying she is having data problems when not on wifi.  I check her account...and the fornicating phone company took that extra top up I paid as well and have her no longer on the plan I pay for and everything is on those "casual rates".

So I have just spent the last hour and $140 buying her a new mobile company compatible phone and fornicate the one we're with.  I'm staying cos I never use up my data and calls and its $19!  But I'm switching hers!

PEEEEEEEVED!!!!!  

I wonder if we can make a sub thread? Peeves: FML

hug. phone companies. expletives

• Like 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

I wonder if we can make a sub thread? Peeves: FML

hug. phone companies. expletives

FML lately indeed!  I'm jinxing myself here and just KNOW the airbag issue I need to get checked on Tues will probably end up being something that will cost hundreds to fix lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Non-peeve silver lining in the midst of other peeves:

Being too upset & anxious to eat much, means I'm losing weight.

I'm sorry to hear this. I also had unexpected / uncontrolled weight loss the past year, so deeply sympathize. The "silver linings" part, I used that phrase a lot too!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

For the longest time, I thought FOMO was a drink (is that a peeve? Maybe it should be...).

I was confusing it with frappe or something I don't even know what I was thinking. 🤦‍♀️🤣

aja-jim-carrey.gif

If FOMO was a drink, it would be tea, coffee and hot chocolate combined, which is what a friend of mine got when I offered him these as options and he said "yes please" expecting me to make up his mind for him. So I did. 😈

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Losing friends because of your mental illness. Thats my peeve of the year.

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's my peeve too right now...Well, emotional issues & bad decisions.

One friend down, but another stepped up to help me. ❤️ 

sigh. When one doesn't have "words" (although Coffee got her response right), and the response emojis are sorely lacking... and everyone is weird about hugs here...

I could (and have) written blog posts about such things. I won't here (you're welcome, everyone). Just know you're being heard, and what you are going through sucks. Losing friends suck, losing friends for those kinds of reasons adds a different layer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

If FOMO was a drink, it would be tea, coffee and hot chocolate combined, which is what a friend of mine got when I offered him these as options and he said "yes please" expecting me to make up his mind for him. So I did. 😈

LOL, that's great! I can't even imagine what that would taste like. Oooo, maybe if you add ice cream and make it frozen it might work. Might...big might. Needs hot fudge. And brownie bits. And whipped cream. Mmmm. Nom. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

"Hallowe'en". People necromancing an apostrophe some three centuries dead just comes off as obnoxiously pretentious. Stop it.

I don't know if that's addressed to me but I certainly did spell it that way because, well, I always have done.  The dictionary could well have moved on but I'm old and don't feel like changing.  I can't help how you react to things, though. :/ 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't know if that's addressed to me but I certainly did spell it that way because, well, I always have done.  The dictionary could well have moved on but I'm old and don't feel like changing.  I can't help how you react to things, though. :/ 

I merely skimmed through the topic and saw that several people wrote it that way, it wasn't targeting any particular individual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I merely skimmed through the topic and saw that several people wrote it that way, it wasn't targeting any particular individual.

That's fine; it may be that other people had the same automatic way of writing it, so I hope my response is enough to cover them too.  It's really not worth spending time worrying about it. :) 

• Like 3