2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's RL peeve:  I bought a new pair of slippers, that overall I actually love.  However, one of them has a small (1-2 inch) piece of loose thread inside at the toe area.  I can get my fingers in enough to grab hold of it, but cannot pull it out or get the clippers in there to cut it.  The damn tiny thread is driving me crazy.

Clippers as in nail clippers or scissors? Toe nail clippers would be better than regular nail clippers since they are longer. 

Can you not push the toe of the slipper in (towards the heel) some to bring it closer to the opening? It won't work for hard soled (rubber) slippers but if you're like me you prefer soft soles. Most of mine I can turn inside out and also toss them in the washer and dryer.

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Clippers as in nail clippers or scissors? Toe nail clippers would be better than regular nail clippers since they are longer. 

Can you not push the toe of the slipper in (towards the heel) some to bring it closer to the opening? It won't work for hard soled (rubber) slippers but if you're like me you prefer soft soles. Most of mine I can turn inside out and also toss them in the washer and dryer.

Regular fingernail clippers.  Didn't think about using the toe nail ones - will give that a try.

These are fairly firm rubber soled ones.  With the WFH stuff, I've found that I spend a longer time in my slippers each morning and the firmer sole keeps my feet from aching as much as when I'm wearing a soft sole slipper.  If I had better self-discipline, I'd just get dressed and in to my actual shoes earlier in the day.

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Regular fingernail clippers.  Didn't think about using the toe nail ones - will give that a try.

These are fairly firm rubber soled ones.  With the WFH stuff, I've found that I spend a longer time in my slippers each morning and the firmer sole keeps my feet from aching as much as when I'm wearing a soft sole slipper.  If I had better self-discipline, I'd just get dressed and in to my actual shoes earlier in the day.

I know people either love or hate crocs but the best slipper/shoes I've had are the crocs with the fuzzy liner.  The liner comes out for easy washing in the machine.  They were also the only shoes that relieved my plantar fasciitis.  I lived with sever pain for a year until the podiatrist recommended wearing them. A week later, the pain was gone and hasn't returned.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know people either love or hate crocs but the best slipper/shoes I've had are the crocs with the fuzzy liner.  The liner comes out for easy washing in the machine.  They were also the only shoes that relieved my plantar fasciitis.  I lived with sever pain for a year until the podiatrist recommended wearing them. A week later, the pain was gone and hasn't returned.

I don't like most fuzzy liners - my feet get too sweaty.  I haven't looked at crocs in years, but I may take another peek to see if they have anything that might work for me.

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I get ya.

I hate shoes and avoid wearing them as much as possible. When I do have to wear them I go for the ones that are most like moccasins first. Heels are for work and going out. I can stand on the ground (grass and dirt) for hours without any real problems. I can't say the same for concrete or other hard manmade surfaces. After 5 minutes my back and knees are screaming.

Ok, here's my peeve. I don't have many of 'em, but this one is kinda annoying.

LL's "Photo of the Day" will highlight "Lick an Ice Cream Cone Day" and "Pet a Ferret Day" (ok, those are made up, but they're only slight exaggerations), but is there a featured photo marking International Women's Day?

Um, no. Not important enough?

Although . . . props for covering Black History Month. And OBR.

Still. Grrrr.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LL's "Photo of the Day" will highlight "Lick an Ice Cream Cone Day" and "Pet a Ferret Day" (ok, those are made up, but they're only slight exaggerations), but is there a featured photo marking International Women's Day?

Still. Grrrr.

That's because the word "woman" is transphobic and "women" no longer exist.  We've been appropriated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That glitch where you are not added to a land management group because you were offline when you received the group invitation, and the people who have the ability to invite members are inworld only once a week or something. And you live in a timezone when they are asleep ...

200.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Things themselves aren't important or unimportant. A person's view of something makes important or unimportant. Being a bit of a cynic, I think that all those 'international/world XYZ' days feel rather unimportant and occasionally childish - should LL also promote the cinnamon roll's day and the international sailor day, or the international pancake day - or the world hijab day? 

You're not going to tell me that cinnamon rolls are unimportant, are you? As a Swede, I might get awfully offended! 

• Like 1

There's a gacha pose I REALLY REALLY want.  I played the machine the amount of times I allotted myself, didn't get it.  

Now for the peeve...aside from not getting it in the allotted pulls...

I LOATHE having to pay hundreds for items people paid 75L to get!  Rares I understand, but COMMONS....COME ON!!!!

• Like 2

... So apparently ... Either I wrote some keyword in a post, or I'm on the moderator's watchlist, but my most turned pink and I was notified that it must be previewed by a moderator before it'd post - the pink flash startled me, and off I went to see whether I'd gotten any warnings lately (nope!). 

Peeve: Why does it have to be pink though?!

Edited by Orwar

Famous public figure says something really stupid, ugly, and unsupported.

People criticize famous public figure for the really stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing they said.

Famous public figure responds, not by justifying or supporting the really stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing they said, but by yelling "FREE SPEECH" as loudly as they can, because apparently free speech also grants you a free pass on having to defend the stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing you said.

Rinse and repeat. Endlessly.

free_speech.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Still. Grrrr.

I can't wait for "Lick a Ferret Day"!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Famous public figure says something really stupid, ugly, and unsupported.

People criticize famous public figure for the really stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing they said.

Famous public figure responds, not by justifying or supporting the really stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing they said, but by yelling "FREE SPEECH" as loudly as they can, because apparently free speech also grants you a free pass on having to defend the stupid, ugly, and unsupported thing you said.

Rinse and repeat. Endlessly.

free_speech.png

I'm getting really sick of this. They believe they can do and say ANYthing, and if you protest they claim "free speech" or "cancel culture".  🙄

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 4:25 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

I can't decide on what to watch. There are just too many spin offs to choose from! 

I think I'll just go with familiar faces.

new-spin-off-series_c_7195932.jpg

I saw that on a youtube and almost peed myself laughing.  SOOOO true!!!!! 

Also why I stopped watching that show.  It got too SJW politically "correct"!

16 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Finished bingeing Scandal and am stuck trying to decide what to binge on now!!!

The Omen trilogy! 

On 3/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

There's a gacha pose I REALLY REALLY want.  I played the machine the amount of times I allotted myself, didn't get it.  

Now for the peeve...aside from not getting it in the allotted pulls...

I LOATHE having to pay hundreds for items people paid 75L to get!  Rares I understand, but COMMONS....COME ON!!!!

Those still a thing? Too me they're loot boxes like you see in WoW or other MMORPGs.

• Like 1