Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think people often forget this, even though the updates did take longer than usual. I did have a random shower thought though: Didn’t the creator have some kind of personal tragedy around the time the pandemic started?

I’m not trying to defend him, but I do remember hearing that. The last couple years have been so eventful, something like that would be easy to forget.

Its sort of like people that complain about Genus without realizing the creator is Ukrainian. Logging onto second life probably isn’t what they are focused on right now.

Sometimes people forget stores aren’t vending machines and there are people behind them going through real things. I do understand consumers moving on if something better comes along, but still it’s worth remembering.

I don't think people are going from the last couple of years.. Both have always been slow at putting things out. Some companies are just like that.. Maybe they bit off more than they thought they could chew or wanted to chew.. Maybe they don't have the best staff in the world, who knows..

Never the less, a lot of people look passed things , especially if the product does well and they start seeing what can be done with it or seeing others around them enjoying it.. Plus new customers and new users are in the position of not being around  the whole time to have those kinds of sour seeds..

We really aren't even sure what's going to happen at release time with current customers.. I think there is always a little venting and frustration with things like this at first..

Just look at any LL updates or anything like that.. hehehehe

I mean they did put the apology letter in the folder of their bodies.. They didn't put it anywhere else that i could see, it's not up in their store or in their other products, so they are thinking about them enough for that..

It sure would be something if one of those bodies ended up as an update to the older ones and it ended up as a redeliver.. hehehe 

Either way, I'm gonna try the demo on an alt at least and sit  it right next to me in my older belleza's and see the differences.. I'm hoping they smoothed out those hip bones to get a smoother transition to the upper body.. That was really one of the main reason I stopped using it.. No matter what I did, I still had those sharp hips or stair master ass trying to smooth that transition out.. hehehe

hope for the best plan for the worst.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Supporting the EvoX netfit is good. I wonder if they have Velour on board to release body skins? That would be a deal-breaker for me if they didn't. I've pretty much switched to only buying skins that match the Velour tones.

You should really look more for head skins that use really good neck blends, that don't corner you into a body skin brand..  The thing with velour is, they throw so much shine on their skin that you end up having to buy their addons to tone them down.. In a world where we can add  or remove shine to our bodies, it strange having to buy not one but a few shine remover addons for one skin.

A good neck blend and i can wear most of the body skins I like rather than the ones that tie me to one brand.. We should be able to be as free with our body skins as our head skins, since they split that up in the market..

it used to be they were one, now it's go here for this one and our partner will sell you that one and whatever else they have for it..

I have all their stuff and Velour with all the addons.. I can't wear most of my tattoo's half the time.. hehehe

I'm darker toned so I may notice it more than those with lighter skins, but everything sticks out with the darker tones..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You should really look more for head skins that use really good neck blends, that don't corner you into a body skin brand..  The thing with velour is, they throw so much shine on their skin that you end up having to buy their addons to tone them down.. In a world where we can add  or remove shine to our bodies, it strange having to buy not one but a few shine remover addons for one skin.

A good neck blend and i can wear most of the body skins I like rather than the ones that tie me to one brand.. We should be able to be as free with our body skins as our head skins, since they split that up in the market..

it used to be they were one, now it's go here for this one and our partner will sell you that one and whatever else they have for it..

I have all their stuff and Velour with all the addons.. I can't wear most of my tattoo's half the time.. hehehe

I'm darker toned so I may notice it more than those with lighter skins, but everything sticks out with the darker tones..

I personally can't wear the darker Velour tones whatsoever. They just look absolutely wrong to me. Funny enough, my main skin is an old Velour face (before they yeeted Catwa to the curb) and an ItGirls body. ItGirls had that issue where some tones would be a bit orange, but tinting that away was super easy. But those tones completely changed with the new Velour offerings, and I just can't get motivated to move to the new version.

For my human-like Lelutka-based avatars, it's Pumec now, because their bodies are included, which is far less hassle, and the skin tones are just right without the need for tinting. And for fantasy, thank goodness I've been able to avoid going the Velour route, too. If you think the shine is bad on natural dark tones, you should see how it looks on rich tones like purple, red, and blue. 😳

Whatever this new body is, I'm hoping it's supported by various skin makers. Not that I plan on buying a new female body any time soon. I still don't see a need for me to do that (unless new Belleza gets widely adopted in the fantasy market - then I might!).

• Like 3

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who refuses to use Velour body skins because of that shine. I know greasy/shiny/sparkly/sweaty skin is popular in SL, but I don't like it forced on me when there are so many shine BOM layers available OPTIONALLY).  In general I use Amara Beauty's body skins because they blend well with most of the BOM head skins I have, have no shine, and best of all, they're free!   The body skin component will also be critical on whether I decide to buy Belleza's new product. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Supporting the EvoX netfit is good. I wonder if they have Velour on board to release body skins? That would be a deal-breaker for me if they didn't. I've pretty much switched to only buying skins that match the Velour tones.

Belleza also makes skins. I think they should promote full-body skins that work perfectly with their mesh bodies & Lelutka EvoX heads.

Of course the could go the separate body and head route too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

You are correct! I took a few minutes to jump on their discord (the have a discord now!) and scroll back. If anything, to inoculate myself against misinformation. The mods were kind enough to field some basic questions, here's what is known:

• It will be Mod

Right.

That's all I needed.

I'll be buying it.

If it's Mod, any flaws are DIY-fixable.

- Whatever that other new body was that's also coming out is now dead to me.

If the new Belleza is kinda not that good, I will have 1 copy. If it's as good as existing Freya, all my alts will have copies too.

Well, except my male alt. He will still be crying tears of neglect in the darkness of a hidden skybox at 3000m on an empty sim with no one to hear him...

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't think people are going from the last couple of years.. Both have always been slow at putting things out. Some companies are just like that.. Maybe they bit off more than they thought they could chew or wanted to chew.. Maybe they don't have the best staff in the world, who knows..

The problem for Belleza is not the Pandemic years. EVERYTHING dropped off the planet in the last few years. As I'm guessing you note - the problem is older than that.

Belleza was #1 when it came out, by a country mile. Then they just vanished while some low quality upstart called Maitreya showed up with a junk body... and then did a junk update, then then did an OK update, and then did a good update, and the Belleza came in and wondered who had left the lights on and put out a poor update, and then Maitrya and about 30 other people ALL put out new stuff, including a GREAT update from Maitreya... and then Belleza said "Oh, is this thing still here?" and put out a decent update, and then Maitreya started to vanish but when you're going 600mph with a brick wall, even if you go to sleep at the wheel you still run over everything in your path... and then Belleza FINALLY put out a great update, but nobody noticed because the butt of that kupra avatar in front of us was so wide we couldn't see anything...

The time period were it mattered was 2014-2016, and in that time span Belleza wasn't just slow, they even closed down handing out dev kits and seem to only have had a store because they forgot they were still paying for it, like I was doing with with my Daz membership account that I bought in 2003 and found on my CC bill in 2019...

I love the body, but they're just not "present" enough - and they lost the window of opportunity a long time ago.

Maitreya's asleep at the wheel right now, but they made sure to have enough head wind first that they can get away with it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

*snip*....and then Belleza FINALLY put out a great update, but nobody noticed because the butt of that kupra avatar in front of us was so wide we couldn't see anything...

I legit burst out laughing at almost midnight at this! My cat is currently staring at me like I'm possessed.

He's probably right.

... But seriously... I'm hoping that the new bodies get traction to survive longer than Erika... Reborn is a nice body, good support (now), but will this new body be enough to get me to shelve my Legacy?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Ellie4024 said:

I legit burst out laughing at almost midnight at this! My cat is currently staring at me like I'm possessed.

He's probably right.

... But seriously... I'm hoping that the new bodies get traction to survive longer than Erika... Reborn is a nice body, good support (now), but will this new body be enough to get me to shelve my Legacy?

There is actually Prima that is coming out on the same day.. So there is hope that some of these bodies might stick..I'm hoping they all do.. hehehe

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Prima is going to be no mod. That's what I have read. So who's modify? Belleza and.... Reborn? I don't remember.

The three mod bodies are Belleza (all of them, so technically thats six if you include Jake), Reborn and Erika.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MillyWH said:

I really wish that there were more skin brands that made their own body skins and relied less on Velour because I'm not a huge fan of their body skins... party because of the shine.

You do know they have a second body skin (at least for female Avis) that doesn't have the shine? It's called Venus. It's even available in a few additional tones.

I like only having to buy one set of body skins, personally. Velour has been widely adapted so I don't need to get every single brand's body skin. Over time, prior to Velour's release, I had purchased body skins over 20 other brands, many of them only with one shade. That cost can really add up over time.

And the Velour neck fade BOM has worked wonderfully. I've even used some shades of the neck fade with other body skins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

You do know they have a second body skin (at least for female Avis) that doesn't have the shine? It's called Venus. It's even available in a few additional tones.

I like only having to buy one set of body skins, personally. Velour has been widely adapted so I don't need to get every single brand's body skin. Over time, prior to Velour's release, I had purchased body skins over 20 other brands, many of them only with one shade. That cost can really add up over time.

And the Velour neck fade BOM has worked wonderfully. I've even used some shades of the neck fade with other body skins.

I had the Venus line before the Ipanema came out..Venus is a shiny skin..  Ipanema is their newer line of skins which is just a bit more increased of a shine than Venus.

They didn't make Venus for a softer tone to Ipanema..

Both lines are two different lines of skin tones..

You won't find a matching version of Ipanema's ebony skin tone, in the Venus line to get less of a shine for ebony..

My thing is, a good neck fade coming with a head or even 3rd party, isn't locking me into a certain body skin.. I can have the freedom to pick and choose, or just use the ones I already have and like.

I would much rather have the freedom to choose my body skins than have to settle for less of an outcome than i want..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I had the Venus line before the Ipanema came out..Venus is a shiny skin..  Ipanema is their newer line of skins which is just a bit more increased of a shine than Venus.

They didn't make Venus for a softer tone to Ipanema..

Both lines are two different lines of skin tones..

You won't find a matching version of Ipanema's ebony skin tone, in the Venus line to get less of a shine for ebony..

My thing is, a good neck fade coming with a head or even 3rd party, isn't locking me into a certain body skin.. I can have the freedom to pick and choose, or just use the ones I already have and like.

I would much rather have the freedom to choose my body skins than have to settle for less of an outcome than i want..

Ebony is the color I like as well.  There have been several face skins I adored but I just do not like the Velour body skins.  The shine may not be so bad on lighter skins but they really should tone it down for the darker ones.  I just end up looking sweaty so NO.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ebony is the color I like as well.  There have been several face skins I adored but I just do not like the Velour body skins.  The shine may not be so bad on lighter skins but they really should tone it down for the darker ones.  I just end up looking sweaty so NO.

Ya I'm much more into finding the ones with good skin texturing and tone.. I do like some of their addons, but their skins are just not for me..I would much rather add a shine that moves around with the light.. Heavy shine on a body is like old school skinning.  Like those old furnished mesh houses, where you can't move the couch because the shadow is built into the floor.. hehehe

Where now, we have shadows and the shadow will move with the couch..

• Like 1

I usually go for the most pale skin available (excluding fantasy tones), and Velour skins are still too shiny for me as well. I also don't like nipples on their skins too, although that one is less of a problem because there's so many 3rd party BoM ones. So creators who make skins only in velour tones don't get any business from me.

---

As for the body. I guess I'll demo it, but not very excited about it and don't think I'll end up using it. Last BoM update being so delayed might have had something to do with creator's RL stuff if believe rumors. But the bento update before it was painfully slow as well, I think around 1.5 years after bento release. They also still didn't fix hands issue as they don't really have real idle animations, but high priority poses. Which you need to disable to get your AO actually move hands, but the moment you sit down and unless furniture has built-in bento hads animations, it gets into the infamous starfish pose which is often not visible to the body user, but to everyone else. There are workarounds around it which involve using 3rd party low priority animations, but it was the case on belleza bodies forever, so should have been fixed ages ago. I suppose it never will be now. Will be fun if the new body has the exact same issue.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

The shine is only part of why I don't like it, the shading over all and kind of how the skin is.... it just isn't a top choice of skin for me and it's frustrating to see a cute face and realize that if I want that I have to wear a body skin I just don't really like that much. I  have the body skins that were free at Xmas and I'll wear it wtih free skins that I can get that match but I don't go out of my way to buy skins that require Velour.

I'm not saying the Velour skins are bad or anything but it's just not my style. I know there's a lot of stuff I like or I'm into that other people don't go for so it's kind of like that. Velour is a lot of people's beautiful cake, it's just not my beautiful cake.

For a long time the majority of skins I wore were from Lumae/Ritual  so I didn't worry about having to buy separate body skins because they came with everything included. And even when I bought skins from other brands I tend to wear the same skin tones (unless it's a fantasy skin) and so I'll buy different faces from a skin brand but the only have to buy the body skin once.

Now that I'm wearing Evox  I only have a handful of skins that I switch between and just change them up using make up or tattoos or skin over lays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MillyWH said:

The shine is only part of why I don't like it, the shading over all and kind of how the skin is.... it just isn't a top choice of skin for me and it's frustrating to see a cute face and realize that if I want that I have to wear a body skin I just don't really like that much. I  have the body skins that were free at Xmas and I'll wear it wtih free skins that I can get that match but I don't go out of my way to buy skins that require Velour.

I'm not saying the Velour skins are bad or anything but it's just not my style. I know there's a lot of stuff I like or I'm into that other people don't go for so it's kind of like that. Velour is a lot of people's beautiful cake, it's just not my beautiful cake.

For a long time the majority of skins I wore were from Lumae/Ritual  so I didn't worry about having to buy separate body skins because they came with everything included. And even when I bought skins from other brands I tend to wear the same skin tones (unless it's a fantasy skin) and so I'll buy different faces from a skin brand but the only have to buy the body skin once.

Now that I'm wearing Evox  I only have a handful of skins that I switch between and just change them up using make up or tattoos or skin over lays.

Lumia Rae clearly created the skins for WYRD, which are available on MP. No EvoX skins on MP though, just Evolution classic UV.  😞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yup, and very good most of the time. Their skins are made for Maitreya bodies, but I just bought a Belleza foot tattoo layer, so I can wear sandals now with their skins.  🙂 

The current version of Maitreya moved one of the nipples in their UV map just a little to one side. If you zoom in enough you can see it if you use a non-Maitreya skin, a Maitreya skin made before 5.0 came out, OR if you use an attachment for the breasts that was made for Maitreya before 5.0 came out (like "Proud Girls"). You won't ever notice it unless you do extreme closeups. But once you see it will never be able to stop seeing it.

And the problem it then has is any made for Maitreya >= 5.0 skin will have an improperly aligned nipple when used on other bodies.

As a related note, for why I started using Velour. One other brand who's skin I actually like more, had the belly button for it's Belleza skin just to the side of it's actual position by about 2 pixels. I never noticed until I got a navel piercing, now if I put that brand on I can't stop seeing it even if I'm not using a piercing - and again if I zoom in I can see that the navel is painted just to the side of where the mesh actually 'indents'.

For me the problem with Velour is they seem to be moving away from supporting Belleza. Some of their Belleza skins even come with the wrong tones in them... like Ebony has Blush tones for the 'hide nipples / genitals', and Blush had some of the Ebony stuff... misnamed (you'd wear an ebony item and it would show as the blush tone on screen). Some of their redelivery vendors have stopped delivering some not all that old skins too - which was what motivated me to stop buying face skins from them. I never know when a given skin will get pulled out of the redelivery like some of the EvoX face tones I have were. There's literally nothing in existence for EvoX old enough to justify no longer being in redelivery until the store selling it no longer exists because EvoX is not that old...

But just about EVERYBODY who makes face only skins uses their tones. They still have the best tonal range. The dark skins for African looks are actually dark. They don't do what other brands do and call something 'black' and when you wear it you're looking at 'cardboard tan'... If they call it a dark tone, it actually will be. Likewise their light tones, and now that I'm making my main a mestizo latine (trying to recreate my own ethnicity), their mid to brown ranges are also good.

I'm just afraid they'll treat this new Belleza just as bad as they do current Belleza...

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.