Here are all the alts I deleted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Yes, some did. But the reason why I posted them is because so they can delete the calling cards if they choose too

You know how much easier it would be to message your friends lists, than to go off galivanting on forums saying look at what I did everyone? I mean I would rather get a message, than see someone from my friendslist showing off their accomplishment, like a young kid showing off their drawing to their parents. 

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't use most of them.  Many were created years ago to make Premium and donate the Tier to a land group -- back when Premium was much cheaper.  Another half dozen or so were created specifically to test certain things.

This account is the only one that logs in regularly.  I have another 2 that are Premium for a Linden Home and extra Tier.  The rest simply sit idle these days.

Oh, that's cool. I deleted these alts years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You know how much easier it would be to message your friends lists, than to go off galivanting on forums saying look at what I did everyone? I mean I would rather get a message, than see someone from my friendslist showing off their accomplishment, like a young kid showing off their drawing to their parents. 

I agree. But all I was doing is if any of my friends came here, they could see my alts I use to have and if they choose to delete the calling cards of the alts I use to have if they choose to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guku Aabye said:

Oh, that's cool. I deleted these alts years ago.

I don't bother actually deleting any of my alts.  None of them have much of an inventory to speak of and so keeping the account alive does not cause any hardship on LL's servers.  Then the accounts are there if I ever want to  use them for anything in the future.

2 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

I agree. But all I was doing is if any of my friends came here, they could see my alts I use to have and if they choose to delete the calling cards of the alts I use to have if they choose to

It doesn't matter if someone happens to have a calling card for a deleted account.   If they ever tried to use it for anything, they'd find out the account no longer exists.

And most people don't actually use the calling cards for anything anyway.  I could delete all of the calling cards that I have and it wouldn't make a difference at all in my SL experience.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It doesn't matter if someone happens to have a calling card for a deleted account.   If they ever tried to use it for anything, they'd find out the account no longer exists.

And most people don't actually use the calling cards for anything anyway.  I could delete all of the calling cards that I have and it wouldn't make a difference at all in my SL experience.

I have eight alts that are still activated I still use sometimes. Not much at all. Plus they are not meshed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Can I have your stuff?

...and yours?

...and yours?

...and yours?

...and...

LOL. The eight alts I have are old classic alts that are still activated. The one's you see here on the list are deleted. The eight alts I have activated are not on the list 

15 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think they're trying to do a favor to their friends, so no need to roast them for it. Making it a public record seems like a decent idea too. There's no harm done by another thread being added to the forum, even if nobody ever reads it again after today.

True lol

• Like 1

I don't recognize any of those names in the list. OK.

4 hours ago, Guku Aabye said:

Yes, your right I could have done it that way. But I think posting it on the forums is much easier to be honest. Because if any of my friends come here to look at it, they will see the alts I deleted 

So like an obituary announcement. I get it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to post such lists in the "Missed Connections" section, if one wants to. If I'd miss a friend in SL and got the idea to look at the forums, that section would probably catch my eye.

Messages seem to be the prime option of choice, but there seem to be rather many people who post that they came back after years of hiatus, and I dimly remember something back a while where you had to update or confirm or log in or so to make sure to further receive PMs and notifications to your email. Or someone might have lost access to an old mail or account.

I can imagine a few cases where people might be glad to see such a post and know that someone whose account seems gone, is alive and fine, and or have a way to contact a current alt of a friend, anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Reading this thread has raised a question in my mind:

What is an alt?

I have over 70 accounts and I've never deleted any. But, although we refer to them as alts, only 3 have ever been used to actually interact inworld. The rest really aren't alts, because I've never used any of them to interact inworld, so none of them have ever been alternatives to me. They were created for unattended jobs, but not as alternative avatars for me to go out and about inworld. They are accounts, not alts - imo.

Just thought I'd raise the question :)

You do realise they are never completely gone... I discovered some old ones I'd forgotten about, reactivated them without much difficulty, robbed them of any remaining goods and cash, and deactivated them again.  Your alts will always be with you. 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akane Nacht said:

You do realise they are never completely gone... I discovered some old ones I'd forgotten about, reactivated them without much difficulty, robbed them of any remaining goods and cash, and deactivated them again.  Your alts will always be with you. 😏

That reminds me of when I reactivated my first account - created in 2006 and left abandoned in 2007. I reactivated him in 2014 and his inventory was small but terifying. System everything, he didn't even own a pair of prim shoes. They were painted on layer shoes (like socks).

• Like 2

Well over a year too late I realized i should block the random hostiles i always assumed to be the alts of the only single scum i had blocked to that date so at least i'd have a list saved .

Another year on I had a list of 7 blocked which i posted in my profile .

It didn't like that obviously because from then on the random verbal attacks (im) from complete strangers stopped and instead alts were sent to try and befriend me .

Its still trying hence nobody has succeeded in becoming friendly with me since . I either let the scum run me out of SL or i hang around with the vague hope that one day someone will provide me with a real name and address allowing me to fix the problem on my terms .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If you're so concerned about the friends of your alts why don't you send them a notecard or become friends on your main account. I don't get it, why should we care you deleted your alts, I doubt your alt's friends care too. Who cares about the calling cards? Also, I'm really amazed thet someone could have that many alts. I have one male and one female alt but I barely log in with them, I use my male for some snapshots but nothing more. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cunomar said:

Well over a year too late I realized i should block the random hostiles i always assumed to be the alts of the only single scum i had blocked to that date so at least i'd have a list saved .

Another year on I had a list of 7 blocked which i posted in my profile .

It didn't like that obviously because from then on the random verbal attacks (im) from complete strangers stopped and instead alts were sent to try and befriend me .

Its still trying hence nobody has succeeded in becoming friendly with me since . I either let the scum run me out of SL or i hang around with the vague hope that one day someone will provide me with a real name and address allowing me to fix the problem on my terms .

It seems you've learned to turn lemons into lemonade!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.