Anxiety - Depression Advice Please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a good day or evening depending on where you are at in this massive world. I wish I was having a good day but sadly I am not.  I have been fighting with my depression, anxiety and panic disorder for upwards of six years. I have been taking medicine for it but it seems that it is not a permanent solution for me. If I stop taking the medicine then it seems my anxiety and depression becomes worse once again. I have tried exercise, all kinds of medication and even yoga. Even music meditation did not help. So here I am on this forum asking if anyone here can help me find a better way to treat this. 

if you can tell me of a natural way or anyway if treating this or even giving me relief from the anxiety and depression, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

• Like 7

I have anxiety and i get therapy for it. Both with a therapist and some online courses they set up for me. I find medication not really helpful and found more solace in being coached and given tips and training how to handle it. 

I do hope you have access to care like that.

• Like 13

I had anxiety as a side effect to a concussion. Apparently I had concussed the flee-flight part of my brain. I had anxiety for years. The doctors started me off on klonopin but I told them I couldn’t work like that (imagine going to work and having dope face all day) so they gave me Ativan instead. Tried that for a year or so. It worked for a bit but only shortly. Luckily, my state legalized marijuana and I have been off the meds ever since with better results. For the past 2 years or so I feel I have finally recovered from the concussion. 

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I advise you to seek help from a RL therapist and not from these forums or anyone inworld.

This ^^ 

If you don't have a care professional or the one you have isn't working out, can try talking to your GP for a referral. 

• Like 8

If you haven't already, You may want to look into your diet.. Forming the right diet for you can help, not only with depression and anxiety, but with so many other things going on in the human body..

I know it may sound cliche, but there is a reason for that.. we can burn any old fuel that comes along or we can burn what is good fuel that helps..

I say this to a lot of people because when I decided to change my diet, my results came pretty quick..  I was looking for more energy, plus wanted to reduce inflammation..

I won't go into it that much and start sounding like a health food commercial or anything like that..  But it's really amazing how powerful the right diet for us, can improve our lives..

When something ails me, I just look to see what could I put in my diet to help with that and then test it out for a week to see what results I'm getting.. Just make sure to look up the Pro's and the Con's of something to make sure what you add isn't harmful and is more beneficial..

It's something to look into if you haven't already..

I know it was the best thing I ever did for my body and my mind and everything else that goes with it.. This isn't me prescribing it, but more giving ideas on what you may want to look into..

You may be putting something in yourself that kicks those bad things into a higher gear than they are already in..

I just did a quick search for a video that gives some examples of things that can have an impact on what you are worried about..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

It will be frowned upon so i do not forward this as advice but menopause induced anxiety that resisted all medication for my better half is now kept in check by nicotine .

She quit smoking more than 10 years ago but there you have it .

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DarkKinGdom said:

So here I am on this forum asking if anyone here can help me find a better way to treat this. 

if you can tell me of a natural way or anyway if treating this or even giving me relief from the anxiety and depression, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I advise you to seek help from a RL therapist and not from these forums or anyone inworld.

4 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

This ^^ 

If you don't have a care professional or the one you have isn't working out, can try talking to your GP for a referral. 

You were given the best advices possible. 

ETA : I can only give you this mental advice : Never trust your depression to mean well. Especially when it's telling you in any form life is not worth living.  Good luck coping it. 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 8

Recharging daily before you start the day gives you some time for self care and self love. The
mind , body , soul need to balance with wellness. 

Make a Routine of every day/night , Have a set bedtime you can agree with a bath/shower before
you sleep dim the lights/lavender fabric spray. Put yourself first then do everything else  if
it's waking up early before everyone so you can have a 15 to 30 mins. This really boosts the
whole mind, body and soul.   Affirmation: When you wake up  Reflect these words out loud in your
mind, stand in front of the mirror when you do :   I am wonderful , Divine being blooming on a
beautiful journey.  ( But you can make one yourself you stick to that you love to say) 

Get 5 to 15 mins in the sun and outdoors grounding outside put your feet in the grass.

Talk to your doctor before any kind of exercise.
Exercise to boost your energy and mood.
Walk , Exercise from home , Yoga of any kind, find something you can do.Take it slow as you go. 

Moisturize taking care of the rest of your body and skin.

Lotion , cleansers , body and face toner , bathing habits ,Cloth Facial spa mask ,  Drink plenty
of water  ,  air humidifier , Dress yourself in breathable smooth fabrics,
Protect skin from the elements applying SPF. If you are allergic to any location try milk
lotion.

Minerals
Multivitamins , Supplements.

Good to talk to your doctor and dietitian as not every diet is for everyone this is just advice
not for everyone.
Nutrition
Fruits and veggies , lean meats , eggs , granola find foods in good foods you can enjoy. 

Your Social life
Make sure the people you hang out with are good for your mental health and soul , They support
you care for you do not use you.  If you are little or make you look bad only come around when
they want you then they are not the people you should hang around. Your tribe vibe with you.
Find people that vibe with you not hurt you.

The stuff you watch on Television
try to stay away from toxic politics and news unfollow just turn it off

Computer and apps
Unfollow toxic people and media

Unplug if you need to have a break it's Ok to take a break a day off if you need to take a mini
vacation.

Breathe in and out 5 times and release this can help when you have panic, depression , Anxiety.

Train your mind everything is mind set you have to take your power back start saying good things
about yourself and things.  

Do things going to make you feel good only you know that matters.
Art therapy , Listening to calm music , Color therapy light , Asmr video can be relaxing , watch
a movie , go to garden in second life and just let go , Sounds of beach waves in second life.
Foundation , ambient sounds. Put some cucumbers on your eyes, lay down and relax. Have a spa day,
get your feet done or do them yourself. Dyeing your color gives you a new start.  Just turn off
some random music, just dance , Go  roller skating , and hike.

Write in a journal
Make Goals Make a bucket list. 

Set boundaries that energy is earned not given has to be exchanged in trust with blue prints and
effect. Without communication there is no relationship. Without respect there is no love.
Without trust there’s no reason to continue. 

To let go of what bothers you, practice letting go, forgive the past Cut cords and bless what is
now so you have peace so you can move further.  Take a piece of ribbon and cut it why you let
go.  Write a note and burn it, do whatever that will help you let go. 

Try going to meetups , discussions , Group therapy  , A class to help you coup you can find any
of these things in sl explore your surroundings. 

If you have trouble doing meditation try this , 
Wear loose clothing  , Go to quiet place listen to sounds you like first.  Just relax and zone
out.  Image a tingle then a star then a circle breathe 5 times slowly in and out see what colors
in to your mind. This how energy healer learn meditation as a starter. Baby steps look up the
colors you see what they mean.  Sometimes you will see number 111 333 these are signs to help
you with the life you create. 

May mental health awareness month
Destination's 
https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/10779-highlights-from-the-second-life-destination-
guide-05132022/

healing from burnout | detaching productivity from self worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMve4owgjys&t=180s       

As know person is truly perfect know one wakes up happy this only advice please take with a gain of salt take all things in to moderation. If things do trigger you good to log off take a break from things. Don't let things get to you only your mind can play games.   

Edited by RayaNiles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

5 hours ago, cunomar said:

It will be frowned upon so i do not forward this as advice but menopause induced anxiety that resisted all medication for my better half is now kept in check by nicotine .

She quit smoking more than 10 years ago but there you have it .

Nicotine is very tricky as a treatment for anxiety, because once habituated, the user becomes anxious when the nicotine is withdrawn. So, she smokes again, and feels better. Until it starts to wear off...well, you can see this is a vicious circle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DarkKinGdom said:

Another method that worked for myself and many of the people I have known over the years, was through 12 Step fellowships. Quite a few had tried other methods unsuccessfully until they started to attend meetings and worked through a program that allowed them to identify and work through various triggers that led to depressive episodes. Some by attending Depressed Anonymous meetings or through other fellowships for various dysfunctions, where the depression led to addictive behaviours in trying to cope with it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RayaNiles said:

Mind , Body , Soul.  blah blah     take what you need.  

it's this kind of answers why these questions are dangerous here.

"think that you're a happy bird and you'll fly"  ..

that's not a cure for depression and/or anxiety  but for a stressed chicken.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

I've struggled with depression and anxiety for many years, there are no easy and quick solutions.

The first port of call should always be your Doctor, there are a lot of medications that can help, it will take some trial and error to find the right ones for you. It doesn't have to be a permanent thing and can genuinely help.

Anxiety can be particularly debilitating and even prevent you approaching things that will objectively help (such as therapy or going for walks).

Take your time. Be congnicent of your state of mind, keep a brief diary of your mood, celebrate the successes (no matter how small). Look after your self and fight for your basic daily routine. It wont always work out and even simple things are accomplishments, even if that thing turned out to be remembering to brush your teeth or take a shower. Even your demons can agree that a trip to the dentist would suck.

If you have a friend with depression or anxiety, be patient and persistent. Today might not be the day you do the thing, but there is always tomorrow, and they will appreciate it.

Specifically to the OP

The road to recovery can be painfully slow and often feels littered with set backs. Things aren't better till they are, and till they are, keep trying as it all adds up.

There isn't a single magic bullet, no one thing I've ever tried in isolation has worked. But I am profoundly grateful for the on going support and understanding from friends.

The only "one weird trick" I've found that can help is planning. Sometimes making a decision today that wont come into play for weeks can take the edge of doing the thing when it comes around, if only because it's been looming for a while. In my case, I've committed to attending pride this year, my anxiety demon declared a hard no when presented with the possibility, it will come round and we will have a good day.

Do not let your depression and anxiety define you, and don't keep the company of anyone who does.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that's not a cure for depression and/or anxiety  but for a stressed chicken.    Your Attitude is bit immature not attractive  sound insecure not very grown how old are you? Its not kindergarten any more.   It was only advice does mean like happiness know ones perfect you take things to seriously take things in to moderation  don't get triggered dude. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I unfollow this guy in a heart beat  Toxic debbie Downer No thank you.   He is the only one that is really dangerous with a comment like that. 

Edited by ChrissaStone
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree with those that advise you to seek help from a qualified professional rather than looking for answers here in the forums.

I've suffered from depression most of my life and lots of anxiety in the past few years.  Things I do that help me:

Turn off the TV, especially the news.

Go for a walk outside somewhere peaceful.

Talk with friends (in real life, real time).

Take action, Do the next right thing even if it's only making a list of the things you need to do.

Don't spend time thinking about things that you have no control over.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I been looking for a guy like you we can get married now!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

28 minutes ago, ChrissaStone said:

I unfollow this guy in a heart beat  Toxic debbie Downer No thank you.   He is the only one that is really dangerous with a comment like that. 

He's the only person with logic in this thread.

Just came back to read and now the joke posts and subsequent laughing at the posts to a rather serious thread have started.  How do you think the OP will feel if/when they come back to read the thread.  Why this is even allowed on this forum is beyond me. 

I encourage the OP to go back to their mental health professional or find a suitable healthcare professional and follow their advice.  No one on this forum can substitute for that.  Please don't suggest any natural herbs or treatments as we do not have any idea what medication the OP may be taking or if they have allergies, etc.   Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe including marijuana.  

• Like 6

So who has used positive thinking and affirmations successfully to get out of a depressed mood?

I have, but you have to do them in a certain way....over and over and over...so that it breaks down the conscious barrier of the mind and seeps into the unconscious.  However, if depressed I have to give myself a major kick in the butt to do it.

It can seem insensitive to recommend this to someone right off the bat though, as it can seem a bit trite and perhaps other issues would need to be discussed first, or they can take it like you're dismissing them with something silly.

But in the way the poster suggested it above, as part of a lengthy plan, it seems fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

He's the only person with logic in this thread.

Just came back to read and now the joke posts and subsequent laughing at the posts to a rather serious thread have started.  How do you think the OP will feel if/when they come back to read the thread.  Why this is even allowed on this forum is beyond me. 

I encourage the OP to go back to their mental health professional or find a suitable healthcare professional and follow their advice.  No one on this forum can substitute for that.  Please don't suggest any natural herbs or treatments as we do not have any idea what medication the OP may be taking or if they have allergies, etc.   Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe including marijuana.  

Also noticing that there's a lot of posters not generally in these forums or haven't posted in ages.  Suspect?  Nah...

This is not the place to entrust with your mental health.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I agree with those that advise you to seek help from a qualified professional rather than looking for answers here in the forums.

I've suffered from depression most of my life and lots of anxiety in the past few years.  Things I do that help me:

Turn off the TV, especially the news.

Go for a walk outside somewhere peaceful.

Talk with friends (in real life, real time).

Take action, Do the next right thing even if it's only making a list of the things you need to do.

Don't spend time thinking about things that you have no control over.

I like your suggestions.

I would add for myself -- do not doomscroll on the internet for more than 15 minutes per day, if at all!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.