I wonder if we can get Elon Musk to buy Linden Labs...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I do think one day humans will land on mars, I think we may do all sorts of things that are currently thought to be unrealistic. 

You're not worried about climate change making these grand plans difficult in the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You're not worried about climate change making these grand plans difficult in the foreseeable future?

One of the few things I have faith in, warranted or not, is humanity.  We make a lot of horrible decisions, we also have done horrible things, but I'm a dreamer.   I would rate my faith right up there with Elon Musk worship😜  

I'm worried, but delusional enough to think we may just have a chance of surviving as a specie and doing so as ethically as possible.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rachel1206 said:

You all get it wrong; Linden Lab will sell Musk the franchise: “Second Mars Life”. ... Lag[tm] included.

And we all get a seat for the launch to SML for the reasonable price of $100,000 USD.  Should we survive, we will be allotted a 10sm parcel, and access to the gym.

• Like 1

Getting to Mars, landing on the surface, having people walk out for a photo op .. that's all easy. Known engineering and proven technologies. Not having the people die due to some trivial mistake, accident or oversight before the return launch window, really difficult.

We're going to be sending supply ships for years before the people, so that when it all goes pear shaped (and it will) everyone doesn't die because of a bucks worth of duct tape.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He can send a cyborg to Mars in his place, and control it with the chip in his head.

He says he'll have the Teslabots ready for production next year so that's plenty of time for the next Mars launch window in 2024.

That sounds like a totally plausible timeline to develop Commander Data and work the bugs out of a rocket that has not flown outside of the atmosphere and managed to make one low altitude test flight without exploding.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
  • Like 1

Sadly if any one buys out SL, they are not going to buy it to keep it online,  the backend coding and the netcode and some other items they will scavenge and pillage for their own product,  google, sony and a few others have done just this with what they buy out.    but I suspect opensim will instantly get a heavy boost and a new world formed quickly with tons of people working on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

He says he'll have the Teslabots ready for production next year so that's plenty of time for the next Mars launch window in 2024.

I can't even get Alexa to reliably turn my lights on and off, the Teslabots better just be people in robit suits or we're all doomed.

Edited by Coffee Pancake

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

tinfoilhat.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

:D

Surely you're not being so oppressive as to question my lived experience?

How dreadfully unprogressive of you!

What can I say? Apparently something in a post I made which was entirely factual and quite benign was deemed as unacceptable by the forum software, and it seems that the moderators concurred. I have absolutely no idea why.

End result ... I'm typing things and then proof reading them and wondering if the forum software is going to get triggered. Not conducive to adult conversation.

But then again, your response was the polar opposite of adult ... so no problem. :p

edit - included my jocular :p a the end because cut and paste skipped it.

Edited by AnthonyJoanne

10 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

A lot of that kind of stuff will probably be based from the moon as their start point in the future.

They are actually close to a warp bubble now..

This is really neat.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

:D

Surely you're not being so oppressive as to question my lived experience?

How dreadfully unprogressive of you!

What can I say? Apparently something in a post I made which was entirely factual and quite benign was deemed as unacceptable by the forum software, and it seems that the moderators concurred. I have absolutely no idea why.

End result ... I'm typing things and then proof reading them and wondering if the forum software is going to get triggered. Not conducive to adult conversation.

But then again, your response was the polar opposite of adult ... so no problem. 😛

edit - included my jocular 😛 a the end because cut and paste skipped it.

Maybe it was offensive. Or someone reported it because they just didn't like it.  If somebody quoted it, probably the quote is still there. Posts aren't just removed because of the "forum software".

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe it was offensive. Or someone reported it because they just didn't like it.  If somebody quoted it, probably the quote is still there. Posts aren't just removed because of the "forum software".

Assuming @AnthonyJoannemeant a post that went hidden after trying to post it, it does seem to be a forum software glitch/feature that is responsible. A forum moderator mole hinted at that in a post a few months ago when a number of us mentioned having posts go into a hide mode for no apparent reason and then unhidden up to months later after it was reviewed by a live moderator.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Assuming @AnthonyJoannemeant a post that went hidden after trying to post it, it does seem to be a forum software glitch/feature that is responsible. A forum moderator mole hinted at that in a post a few months ago when a number of us mentioned having posts go into a hide mode for no apparent reason and then unhidden up to months later after it was reviewed by a live moderator.

Either way, having a post go away is a valid pet peeve. I was explaining an alternative for what may have prompted the "tinfoil hat" meme.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.