I wonder if we can get Elon Musk to buy Linden Labs...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Solar panels are not "green". Please go and read some researched facts.

Yeah, they're mostly black now that you mention it.

If Elon Musk buys LL, he will tint all solar panels green.

*Edit* Did you not see quotes around "green" in my post? Quotes mean, sometimes, don't take this thing literally. It was a joke in the first place. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying

On 5/11/2022 at 10:36 AM, Anna Nova said:

1. encourage Free Speech here too.

As much as I am for free speech, to be honest I think SecondLife doesn't really need that kind of help. SecondLife doesn't have that social media atmosphere that breeds popularity contests and culture wars, most of us have a place for our niche and live with like-minded people happily.

I don't really want SecondLife to be more than that either, I think that is what makes SecondLife appealing, there's a sense of space, communities, we're not all forced to think alike, wave the same flags or believe in the same things. Usually any disagreements here  happen between individuals rather than the entire planet getting involved which lowers the stress and makes it more approachable.

2. get Vlad's pal Donald back on-line.

You do realise Trump during his presidency was pushing EU countries like Germany to get energy independent from Russia right?

And doing the same for America, America didn't need to import oil any more. There was no country that could use oil as leverage against the states. Now look at what Biden did to that, look at oil prices in the US, look at energy prices in the EU. Look at the war in Ukraine. Look at the mess that is Afghanistan. EU Countries unable to stop buying Russian oil because of this whole green suicide agenda leading them to not make any energy independence investments.

Everybody is thinking about the green grass and the chirping birds but not thinking about what it takes to get competing countries to not go to war. People are getting blown up because people want to replace all the reliable energy with stupid solar panels and wind farms that can't be relied on and when they inevitably stop producing power because the winds not blowing or the suns not shining suddenly we have to go give all our wealth to countries that want nothing more than money to spend to blow us up.

3. put one-in-the-eye over Zukerblog's Meta.

I don't think Zuck's Meta is what SL should be nor should we try to compete with it.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:36 AM, Anna Nova said:
  • encourage Free Speech here too.
  • and only Musk will have that free speech

• get Vlad's pal Donald back on-line.
  • will result in even less free speech

• put one-in-the-eye over Zukerblog's Meta.
  • so much for free speech, right?

How many times do you have to suffer 3rd degree burns before you stop jumping into the fire?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

He's stalled the deal over the claim that Twitter is less than 5% bots.

Twitter is easily 30% bots and most "real" people have multiple accounts .. which twitter doesn't count as the same person. Twitter has very poor market penetration, most people don't have an account, don't want an account, and only interact with Twitter when a news organization talks about something someone said on Twitter.

This isn't a new revelation, it's how Twitter has always worked and always fudged it's numbers. They recently did a quiet bot purge with some high profile users reporting a loss of up to 100K followers.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the significant fines he's facing and Tesla's stock prices taking a beating, it's almost as though he never really wanted to buy Twitter.

He's also getting bad press about the working practices in his employ and openly laments that he can't force 996 on western employees. (996 . 9am - 9pm 6 days a week, his Chinese giga factory is basically a prison, no one leaves)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

You do realise Trump during his presidency was pushing EU countries like Germany to get energy independent from Russia right?

And doing the same for America, America didn't need to import oil any more. There was no country that could use oil as leverage against the states. Now look at what Biden did to that, look at oil prices in the US, look at energy prices in the EU. Look at the war in Ukraine. Look at the mess that is Afghanistan. EU Countries unable to stop buying Russian oil because of this whole green suicide agenda leading them to not make any energy independence investments.

Everybody is thinking about the green grass and the chirping birds but not thinking about what it takes to get competing countries to not go to war. People are getting blown up because people want to replace all the reliable energy with stupid solar panels and wind farms that can't be relied on and when they inevitably stop producing power because the winds not blowing or the suns not shining suddenly we have to go give all our wealth to countries that want nothing more than money to spend to blow us up.

Even Hitler made the trains run on time.  I'm not an American, so I can make jokes about your jokes any time I like.

I personally think relying on dead trees from the carboniferous era that cannot be ever replaced is far far dafter than using windmills.

I am an ethnic Russian (of course I say 'Slav', now), but my Boyar ancestors left when the Menshevik's took over - so I take no responsibility for the messes made by the proletariat imbeciles since.

16 hours ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

...your response was the polar opposite of adult ...

Most of the posts in this thread I would consider fairly childish, considering how little nearly all the writers thereof actually know of Elon Musk. They're drawing conclusions based on a few headlines written by people who also don't know Elon Musk. Even the OP's post, and the title of the thread, are tongue in cheek. Your post struck me as being paranoid to the point of laughability, which is why I responded with sardonic humor.

At least I know when I'm being childish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Even Hitler made the trains run on time.  I'm not an American, so I can make jokes about your jokes any time I like.

itsokay american here no offense taken, via docus hitler's trains of war ( the ones with the tanks on them ) were very brilliant and effective. Ive had dreams of other ways trains could easily solve other issues. idea is too dangerous within the wrong hands.

Edited by Paulsian
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I believe that was Mussolini. German trains always run on time.

As someone who has been to Germany on occasion let me say that this does not match my experiences nor that of my German friend who seemed to think it normal a train gets delayed by hours 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

As someone who has been to Germany on occasion let me say that this does not match my experiences nor that of my German friend who seemed to think it normal a train gets delayed by hours 😆

You've been to Germany? Ha! I've heard of Germany! So there! 

17 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
  • and only Musk will have that free speech

• will result in even less free speech

• so much for free speech, right?

How many times do you have to suffer 3rd degree burns before you stop jumping into the fire?

Where ya been? Missed you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.