Last Names Obligatory Post

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Obligatory quarterly...

Can we please have some more last names, less joke names, more often, outside of themed ones for holidays, wider selection aka more to choose from?. When they announced they were bringing back surnames I was like "Yeah wonder what they will have". Now I am like "Oh, independence day is coming up. Lemme guess Freedom and Liberty are to be announced.....woo.....".

Just open the back catalogue already and let people choose past surnames. No one cares. You will make more money. Literally have a page dedicated to searching out your perfect name from all the ones available. Yes you may have the occasional die hard like "Yerrrr but thats murrrrr surname" but screw those people they probably eat the fungus from between their toes.

Please for the love of god....give us some decent surnames and open up that back catalogue. Such a half assed attempt at bringing surnames back.

Got like one linden in a back office somewhere going "Ohhhhhh thats cute lets use UwU".....purlease. Find popular words or phrases that haven't been used before would be a good start.

Vampire, Vampyre, Vampiric, Vlad, Impaler, Lycan, Necromancer Shinobi, Ninja, Viking, Soul, Soulless, Bard, Knight, Caster, Healer, Odin, Thor, Zeus, Hades, Racer, Optimist, Avenger, Fireman, Officer, Medic, Goth, Punk, Rocker, Emo, Metalhead, Dubstepper, Belieber, Victorian, Edwardian, West, Wildwest, Miner, Cowboy, Cowgirl, Rebel, Outlaw.....Jesus the list goes on.

Do something...

Okay obligatory quarterly rant over.

• Like 14

How about this idea. A special code that allows you to change your last name to anything is hidden in a prim somewhere in the mainland. It could be anywhere. Clues are hidden all around but only one lucky avatar will win. 

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

if special last names granted access to exclusive areas/sandboxes might be neater..

There's nothing stopping you from using a simple script to boot people from your special magic place if their last name isn't (for example) Resident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still think Handmaiden is an excellent last name, and one that was rejected at the start of the official names selection meetings.  We all might have to find refuge in Canada soon anyway.. (We American women who are being stripped of our rights)

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

How about this idea. A special code that allows you to change your last name to anything is hidden in a prim somewhere in the mainland. It could be anywhere. Clues are hidden all around but only one lucky avatar will win. 

It would be fun if they did stuff like that..They just have to remember to say, one lucky avatar instead of player or it won't end well!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

hidden identity spells maybe that can be traded for other magical spells persay. Rare loot spawns are always great. 

18 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

There's nothing stopping you from using a simple script to boot people from your special magic place if their last name isn't (for example) Resident.

all the more reason to have totally custom last names so i can say everyone except ispaininass last name access denied.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:21 PM, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

I still think Handmaiden is an excellent last name, and one that was rejected at the start of the official names selection meetings.  We all might have to find refuge in Canada soon anyway.. (We American women who are being stripped of our rights)

A memorial would be nice since there is no way women like myself could ever afford to move to another country, much less get anyone to sponsor us. Canada is/has been just as bad in their treatment of the First Nations as the US continues to be. 

It really sucks that a certain group of people want to make my life an even worse living hell for the last years of my life than what they already have made it and then for "supporters" to just abandon those in need.

Not a very pleasant thought is it.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

A memorial would be nice since there is no way women like myself could ever afford to move to another country, much less get anyone to sponsor us. Canada is/has been just as bad in their treatment of the First Nations as the US continues to be. 

It really sucks that a certain group of people want to make my life an even worse living hell for the last years of my life than what they already have made it and then for "supporters" to just abandon those in need.

Not a very pleasant thought is it.

I am confused. Who is stripping women of their rights in the US?. Im in the UK so I don't really follow American politics all that much.

48 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I am confused. Who is stripping women of their rights in the US?. Im in the UK so I don't really follow American politics all that much.

The Republicans are trying to.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

https://www.aclu.org/news/reproductive-freedom/what-to-know-about-the-leaked-supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-and-whats-next

That's just the beginning. 

Law experts warn that leaked SCOTUS draft opinion on Roe v. Wade exposes a weak spot that puts the use of contraceptions and other privacy rights at risk (msn.com)

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

As a Mexican who is addicted to Coca Cola, now I regret not having picked 'Mexicola' years ago when I had the chance.

And man, Mamacita can mean a lot of things in Mex Spanish depending on tone and situation.

Mamacita: (Endearing way). That's how you call your mother in the most loving way, just like with most diminutive forms.

Mamacita: (playful way). How you call a woman when you think she's hot.

Mamacita (Stalkerish, NOT GOOD): Most men who catcall women use this term. It's just disgusting as hell. You'd want to kick the ass of anyone who called that to your mom, sister, daughter or wife on the street.

• Thanks 5

Some names they could make for nicknames you can change back and forth, Yes They need more decent Lovely names ones that go together. 

Enchanted 

rosethorme

StarryNight 

Phantom 

Caldwell

nautica

Edited by Essence Amore
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:21 PM, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

If not Handmaid, maybe Offred?  Or maybe they could go a more positive route -  Sanger, Steinem, Ginsburg, Atwood?

Edited by Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.