Ever had any dreams about Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

Had a few dreams of SL ... mostly flying, yes, flying. Lalalalalaa .. 

But did the dreams ever turn dark, and you ended up flying through a region corner? :|

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

That's what the pills are for.

Anti-region corner pills? I could use a handful of those .. It would save me so many helicopters.

38 minutes ago, animats said:

Then there's the other side of this.

hmbwater01.thumb.jpg.b4770d7433c384cf8258527baec64d01.jpg

Nice water shader. Good trees. Good beach sand. Oh, right.

I've been working too hard on renderers.

(This is where I had dinner last night.)

Real Life - Fantastic graphics, but no tech support. 3 out of 5 stars.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Han Held said:

does anyone know where I can get one of those "first lives" from?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the store shut down a couple of years back and the creator left the grid.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I do some of my best LSL scripting in my sleep. It would be really impressive if I could remember it in the morning.

Early in my career, I'd often wake with some brilliant idea in my head. I'd resolve to remember it, but by morning it was gone. So, I purchased a little notebook and put it on the nightstand. I was excited the first time I woke in the wee hours and was able to jot down my revelation. At rise time, I looked at the pad and discovered that, although I'm a genius while sleeping, I write in a language that's indecipherable to the morning me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been a lucid dreamer since I was 9 years old. Not all my dreams are lucid nor do I remember them all after I wake, but I do often have vivid, complex dreams. I dream of SL fairly frequently, more so when I've been spending many hours in SL.

I have basically 2 kinds of dreams about SL. In some I'm in a world in which I can rez things and I know there are square regions with possible sky platforms and teleportation. In others I have a laptop computer in which I can view SL and mentally go into it. Generally when I go into SL in a dream, my perspective changes to actually being in this virtual world, though I know this is not "real life".  Then I might come back out of that perspective and find myself again in a world in which I have access to SL through a laptop computer. If I've been thinking about SL clothes or my Inventory in waking like, I might dream about trying on clothes in my dream version of SL too. 

• Like 1

I've been fortunate enough to both solve complex scripting challenges and remember them verbatim the next morning.

Converting the result of those self set challenges into something anyone else would ever want, not so much.

I lucid dream a lot (although the resolution often seems a little low and text never reads the same way twice), but I also have sleep paralysis where I just want to be awake and can't break free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.