Ever had any dreams about Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had dream or 2 I was in SL. The weird dream started in RL mode at a convention, GDC (Game Developers Conference) in San Francisco. It showed Linden Lab at a table and they had this large machine next to it.  Sign on it said "RL-to-SL Teleporter" and was a short queue of people to try it. A Linden staff person next to it said it was under development, but was letting try it out.

My turn came up and stepped into it. A staff person said everyone was limited to 3 destinations and 15 minute limit. So I landed at the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives and got to check it out. Then checked out my old venue (now run by someone else) and a store.  I got this cute dress and tried it on.  I bought it and before I could change out, the time ran out and I was TPed back to the Linden table at the convention in the shortest dress I ever wore!  One staff said to another said "Maybe we should warn them about wearing SL clothes in case the machine times out. I although I felt funny in it I proceeded to check out more of the GDC and many there were in costumes too, some more skimpy then my "SL" dress!

This dream was very recent since table next to it had a sign saying "Abnor Mole's Bargain Legs Bin" on it! :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I had dream or 2 I was in SL. The weird dream started in RL mode at a convention, GDC (Game Developers Conference) in San Francisco. It showed Linden Lab at a table and they had this large machine next to it.  Sign on it said "RL-to-SL Teleporter" and was a short queue of people to try it. A Linden staff person next to it said it was under development, but was letting try it out.

My turn came up and stepped into it. A staff person said everyone was limited to 3 destinations and 15 minute limit. So I landed at the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives and got to check it out. Then checked out my old venue (now run by someone else) and a store.  I got this cute dress and tried it on.  I bought it and before I could change out, the time ran out and I was TPed back to the Linden table at the convention in the shortest dress I ever wore!  One staff said to another said "Maybe we should warn them about wearing SL clothes in case the machine times out. I although I felt funny in it I proceeded to check out more of the GDC and many there were in costumes too, some more skimpy then my "SL" dress!

This dream was very recent since table next to it had a sign saying "Abnor Mole's Bargain Legs Bin" on it! :D

I love this dream! 

Linden Lab *should* probably warn people of the dangers of being free to do whatever inspires us in SL. It makes freedom in RL so much more appealing. 

I've had very few direct SL related dreams over the years, although more dreams might have been merely influenced by SL. The other night I did have an SL dream though. I was wearing a fleece type pullover and I was able to change its colour in RL by bringing up a colour selection display.  Strange that the SL bit of the dream was something so mundane as changing a dark blue fleece to a maroon one rather than flying around some spectacular environment!

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that involved scripting edible Linden Homes (or possibly writing a script that would make them ediblle -- I forget).

Did you by chance read Hansel & Gretel before bedtime? 

• Haha 3

Before second life my knowledge of 3D building was non, I was not a fan of having to learn all the technicals, z axis? I tried to quit but something in my brain caught on extremely quick and I dream built complex objects every night until I returned to SL the dreams would stop, unless I had an odd build problem and would dream of solutions like previous posters mentioned.

Alls I can remember about the objects ive dream built is they were complex components, things at that time I would have no desire building. It was almost like a custom build for something in the dream dimension. Almost like a generator. It is like lawn mower man I didnt have a body it was just my mind in space and I can remember being shown/given objects that had problems that needed to be fixed and remember the satisfaction of fixing adding to or modifying the components and then it was over. My dream brain would not dwell on those objects. 

fast forward 3-4 years to present. When I take a break from sl for months no sl or 3D current dreams. I still have extremely vivid dreams, that do not involve building. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.