Next theme(s), enhancements after Newbrooke?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's been continuing speculation/suggestions about new themes over in the SSP thread, and really I think those deserve their own space. 

According to Patch last December, Rouge (the red SSP regions currently in active development) should be joining Belli fairly soon after Newbrooke.  I have absolutely no idea what time frame he was thinking of at that time, and it seems as if the plan may have changed since then, but definitely the next theme's buildout up in Rouge is far along.  What do you think it is?  

The plan at that time was, after Rouge releases, to make enhancements to existing themes.  My fingers are crossed for open floor plan trads with the ability to specify interior wall colors, but we'll have to see :)

rougenow.thumb.JPG.afbc6ac2c70f7f324ecc7b189f2b0fa7.JPG

• Like 8

Open plan and wall colours are the missing features, though updates could also be non-house things. Adding bits to community areas. Finishing coastlines. There was also talk of a museum area for the old Linden Homes (which I hope will be an island attached to the rest, so we can sail/fly out there).

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

My fingers are crossed for open floor plan trads with the ability to specify interior wall colors

Mine too. Maybe open-plan Vics as well, though I'd settle for them adding doors and cornices to the content pack.

Most people are assuming Rouge to be the Shareta Osumai update, right? Open plan, tatami flooring, mezzanines. I imagine the exteriors will be more modern and minimal; subtler, more neutral colours but hanging on to the traditional roof shapes. Landscaping with lots of ponds and pretty little bridges. I am hoping for seasonal changes, even if it's only trees switching colours like the Fantasseria crystals, because seasonality is such a central part of Japanese culture it would seem wrong to plonk those homes in an eternal summer.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Isn't Asian the only theme from the original LHs that has not been duplicated yet in Bellisseria? I'm hoping it will be with this next release.

Ditto.

I am hoping for a mod to both the Traditionals and the Houseboats to allow custom indoor colors.  Open floor plans in the Traditionals would definitely be interesting, as well.

• Like 6

I’ve been hoping EVERY new theme reveal that retro sci-fi is the next one…. Am I the only Jetson Lost in Space 1999 ?   But seasonal Asian theme really sounds so zen and peaceful I just might hang up my jet boots and Tai Chi myself into Enlightenment 🚀🧘‍♀️🧘‍♂️

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

Seasonal Japanese does sound wonderful, but I don't think we should assume it'll happen.  Might actually be harder to do seasonality for a realistic landscape than in Fantasseria, where a lot of the look comes from the tint of the bioluminescence (glow) and particle colors, both of which are can be changed pretty easily via script.  I'm thinking that if we asked any of the major SL nursery creators, we might find that a whole set of seasonal plants, trees, flowers, grasses etc. is a LOT of texture work (unless you do it just via tinting, which would probably work for grasses but might look kinda tacky for flowers and trees).  Also, so far as I know terrain textures cannot be changed via script.

Yet :)

/me goes back to planning a sand garden that you can write haiku in via script ... baked-in shadows for the font? ... hmmmm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Seasonal Japanese does sound wonderful, but I don't think we should assume it'll happen.  Might actually be harder to do seasonality for a realistic landscape than in Fantasseria, where a lot of the look comes from the tint of the bioluminescence (glow) and particle colors, both of which are can be changed pretty easily via script.  I'm thinking that if we asked any of the major SL nursery creators, we might find that a whole set of seasonal plants, trees, flowers, grasses etc. is a LOT of texture work (unless you do it just via tinting, which would probably work for grasses but might look kinda tacky for flowers and trees).  Also, so far as I know terrain textures cannot be changed via script.

Yet :)

/me goes back to planning a sand garden that you can write haiku in via script ... baked-in shadows for the font? ... hmmmm

You’re spot on, Nika😀 you know spooky things at a distance 😉 

I never assume anything isn’t possible because… I don’t have the relevant experience to see from that perspective so I guess I assume anything is possible because that’s what I became a Resident of SL + I’m naive + I’m a sort of bully with good intentions… like an influencer or a lobbyist or a used car salesman or O.J. Simpson’s lawyer, mr Kardashian and that is a creepy sort of thing, equivalent to having to admit that yeah, I Better Call Saul 😉 

Considering all those things… I have to admit that if Philip Rosedale IM’d me, or phoned me in RL 10 minutes after I Submit this post and told me “Hi Joy, you have 15 minutes before we begin to upload your consciousness into the SLatrix.  Put your affairs in order. And I’d brush my teeth and grab my Go bag and drink the koolaid 😉 right before the limo ambulance arrives and help me into the nice sturdy canvas jacket with all the buckles and really long sleeves.

And when the new theme comes out and I see how ppl are furnishing them… I’d have to bump up an Alt to Premium and Choose My Free Premium Home…. Land a parcel on the corner of 4 Region intersection at the bottom of a steep hill… and feel like the Grand Champion Game of Homes winner because of its proximity to a Rez zone! 😄 

i wish I’d happened to meet you in RL when I was 20 to 30 years old because we’d have Colonies on Mars by now from winning the Unlimited Research Funding prize on Shark Tank/ Dragon’s Den  🧐🚀🐿😎  

• Like 1

The asian theme seems likely, and the open plan trads / wall tints idea has been floating around for quite a while. I actually did have a rogue tintable trad that escaped QA for a while,  and it was so much easier that shelling out the interior. 
It is probably unlikely at this stage of development, but it would be grand to have some more definitely distinct themes, which are instantly recognisable for what they are supposed to be, even to those who are not familiar with US home styles. Clearer themes would help a lot for those wanting to decorate within the rules.
The 512 homes on 1024 plots have been very popular in the latest release. I hope this gets factored in to any future developments. Even putting the existing campers on larger plots might work, though I have my doubts about whether the team are really committed to producing  the unique style  of landscape that went with the original release, and that could be an issue for some.
Personally, I do like small houses on large plots, so a one room cabin would work for me! I found the log homes too large for one person, and as a consequence of their size on the plot they felt rather crowded together from my perspective.
Another thought is to sacrifice some building prims for the sake of having more space, and landscaping between plots. This is something that happens on private estates of course, and in my view it works well.

• Like 4

A tiny theme, for us of short stature, little homes with big yards 🥰  The moles would be welcome to live among us - and we could wage war against our bigger brethren.  The theme would stay true to our size, including smaller roads, lamp posts, benches, communal areas, etc.  

Okay, I'm joking of course..  But if it were to ever happen, for some odd reason - I would be one of the niche audience that would gobble up a tiny home in a heartbeat.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7

There are 2 more themes already planned, and they are still working and releasing some of the latests themes. If I remember right,  it was said that they would go back to earlier themes (for open plans, etc.) after those are done. So not yet. I'm looking forward to open plan traditionals and Victorians 😉

• Like 7

at the Web User Group last week Linden said that they plan to offer Premium Plus by the end of this month (March)

so I wonder if the next theme releases are going to be larger than 1024m parcel sizes for the Plus accounts ? Dunno what that size might be tho. If I had to pick then I would pick 4096m, but could also just be 2048m

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

no Web User Group na semana passada, Linden disse que planeja oferecer Premium Plus até o final deste mês (março)

então eu me pergunto se os próximos lançamentos de temas serão maiores que 1024 milhões de tamanhos de parcelas para as contas Plus? Não sei qual seria esse tamanho. Se eu tivesse que escolher, escolheria 4096m, mas também poderia ser apenas 2048m

Finally!!!waiting eagerly!!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

at the Web User Group last week Linden said that they plan to offer Premium Plus by the end of this month (March)

so I wonder if the next theme releases are going to be larger than 1024m parcel sizes for the Plus accounts ? Dunno what that size might be tho. If I had to pick then I would pick 4096m, but could also just be 2048m

Thanks. I would add though that they said that the announcement would be made in March - that doesn't mean they'll be offereing it March:)

Somehow I don't think they'll be offereing bigger parcels in the new themes - I think that could be challenging in a number of ways.  If they do though that would be a pretty super extra. I think it will be more along the lines of more stipend, more prim allowance, free name changes or something like that. But who knows. Nice to know it's coming soon(ish) though.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I really hope they make the announcement before my Premium runs out. I am half worried that those already Premium will be offered an upgrade to Plus for an introduction price. If I go off premium March 25th, the new Premium Plus is revealed March 27th, will I have said goodbye to that possibility?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I really hope they make the announcement before my Premium runs out. I am half worried that those already Premium will be offered an upgrade to Plus for an introduction price. If I go off premium March 25th, the new Premium Plus is revealed March 27th, will I have said goodbye to that possibility?

When Patch first talked about premium +, before COVID, he said premiums would be able to upgrade to premium +. Some people were worried because they had taken the discount offer to extend their premium memberships before there was talk about premium plus so Patch told them not to worry because they would be able to upgrade. If there’s a discount or how big it may be… no idea.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thanks. I would add though that they said that the announcement would be made in March - that doesn't mean they'll be offereing it March:)

yes that's a subtle difference in wording which would have a big impact on the actual release timeline. If bigger parcel Linden Homes are in the package then them Moles will have to scurry to get them done

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

When Patch first talked about premium +, before COVID, he said premiums would be able to upgrade to premium +. Some people were worried because they had taken the discount offer to extend their premium memberships before there was talk about premium plus so Patch told them not to worry because they would be able to upgrade. If there’s a discount or how big it may be… no idea.

I wonder if I can go off Premium and join again, in case I want Premium Plus. I doubt Plus will have enough land to make it worth it... But who knows.

LL can not put their landlords out of business either. A too large plot of land, and that may happen. A modest amount of land, and few will bite.

Stipend is always interesting, but then it will be fewer who purchase linden§. It must be a careful plan, offer some benefits, but not enough to ruin what they have.

• Like 2

If we are doing future wish lists, (realistic or not lol), I would like new floor plans and wall paints for the trads...and the ability to have two 512 premium parcels on one account, like a modern and a camper  :D   I rolled a beautiful 512 Newbrooke overlooking the community center (with views of geese!) but since I am dropping my mainland I let the 512 parcel go..

And am interested to see what Premium Plus will be!!

• Like 2

I remenber seeing somewhere that premium plus was schedule to 2022 Q2 (I thing it was in Daniel Voyager'sblog), it was said at a user Group meeting.

So I think March they will make an announcement , and Plus will be released by May, if there is a 2048 involved in Plus the new theme will have it (wild guessing here).

There is enough mainland to get if someone wants to have also a 1024 plot in mainland, although what I have seen people asking is how to get more prims in LH, and to be honest more land is what will get me to plus, so, lets wait and see :)

Edited by Tary Allen
ETA: typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

I remenber seeing somewhere that premium plus was schedule to 2022 Q2 (I thing it was in Daniel Voyager'sblog), it was said at a user Group meeting.

So I think March they will make an announcement , and Plus will be released by May, if there is a 2048 involved in Plus the new theme will have it (wild guessing here).

There is enough mainland to get if someone wants to have also a 1024 plot in mainland, although what I have seen people asking is how to get more prims in LH, and to be honest more land is what will get me to plus, so, lets wait and see :)

Yeah, that's true. Q2 starts 1st April through until 30th June 2022 so I would imagine it will launch in this time window. 

I think we will get details about what premium plus actually is and then a launch later on. 

Will it be worth upgrading to PP is the big question I think. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.