Next theme(s), enhancements after Newbrooke?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'd like to see some more Stilt floorplans in the future.  I think there's more they could do in terms of this. I love the Tortuga but the irregular shape near the door can be awkward to deal with. So something similar with open plan and  floor to ceiling windows, but with more regular shape. Or one of the two storey ones with the stairs parallel to the back wall, or at the side rather than in the middle as you walk in. That would be nice too.

I'm hoping they'll have some more water themes coming up, as these seem to be really popular. I think it would be really cool to have a modern build on water - kind of like stilts crossed with Newbrooke - StiltBrookes lol.

Broken stilts? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The thing that gives me hope for a Steampunk LH theme is that LL is not inclined to waste good content.  If it can be reused, they are totally up for that.

It is easy to put together bad steampunk content; color a chalet dark brown and put a few cogs on it, voila.  But it is time-consuming to develop GOOD steampunk content.  Not the kind of thing you'd want to use once and toss.

IIRC, some Fantasseria content was used at SL18B, "Hidden Worlds" theme.  (Wasn't it SL18B where the Lindens had a region with a great fantasy monster?  Or was that Fantasy Faire? I really hoped to see that monster on some coastal island in Fantasseria :) @Abnor Mole, it's not too late!)

I don't make a game out of guessing Mole identities, but I believe there are at least a couple who've spent some time in Steamlands.

Girl Genius always looked to me like it was taking place in SL.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 7

On 3/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, Nika Talaj said:

The thing that gives me hope for a Steampunk LH theme is that LL is not inclined to waste good content.  If it can be reused, they are totally up for that.

It is easy to put together bad steampunk content; color a chalet dark brown and put a few cogs on it, voila.  But it is time-consuming to develop GOOD steampunk content.  Not the kind of thing you'd want to use once and toss.

IIRC, some Fantasseria content was used at SL18B, "Hidden Worlds" theme.  (Wasn't it SL18B where the Lindens had a region with a great fantasy monster?  Or was that Fantasy Faire? I really hoped to see that monster on some coastal island in Fantasseria :) @Abnor Mole, it's not too late!)

I don't make a game out of guessing Mole identities, but I believe there are at least a couple who've spent some time in Steamlands.

Girl Genius always looked to me like it was taking place in SL.  Fingers crossed.

Have you seen the monster at Zenoscope? That region is lots of fun! 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:45 AM, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

Have you seen the monster at Zenoscope? That region is lots of fun! 

Oh wow, that's the monster I was talking about!  Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Which is a bit of a lesson to us about steampunk as a theme.  I doubt the Lindens are going to build a bunch of steampunk content just for the Birthday, but Belli is not the only game in town.  Could be there's another partnership that could use it, or indeed, already is for all I know.

And HEY, @Patch Linden , I thought of a benefit that would make me buy Premium Plus.  Premium sandboxes that let you leave your stuff there for an extended period of time.  Say, 48 hours or a week.  With that feature, having a Linden Home as my ONLY home would become a possibility.  When I'm building something ... or even when I'm furnishing and want to rez the coalesced object that is my living room "showroom", I'd like to leave it there until I'm done.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Oh wow, that's the monster I was talking about!  Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Which is a bit of a lesson to us about steampunk as a theme.  I doubt the Lindens are going to build a bunch of steampunk content just for the Birthday, but Belli is not the only game in town.  Could be there's another partnership that could use it, or indeed, already is for all I know.

And HEY, @Patch Linden , I thought of a benefit that would make me buy Premium Plus.  Premium sandboxes that let you leave your stuff there for an extended period of time.  Say, 48 hours or a week.  With that feature, having a Linden Home as my ONLY home would become a possibility.  When I'm building something ... or even when I'm furnishing and want to rez the coalesced object that is my living room "showroom", I'd like to leave it there until I'm done.

You can leave things rezzed for 24 hours in the Animesh sandboxes. It's been so for years 😉  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh1/136/150/23 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Really?  Fascinating, that's good to know and also a demonstration that it would be possible to create new Premium Plus sandboxes with extended rez times.  I mostly script, and generally script test setups are small enough to pick up and re-rez between work sessions.  But as @Dyna Mole can testify (cf SSP83X), if you're working on a new building it's useful to be able to leave it in place for more than a day!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.