LL Please Suspend Reoccuring Billing For Ukrainians

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

we have that, it's called basic account.I t will wait on the owner without any payment till LL pulls the plug on whole SL.
The inventories keep intact, and their L$ are hold.
Just premium and land can be downgraded.

I seriously think we should't make exceptions that are unrealistic.

No, it's not a basic account. It's contacting LL and having your account placed on hold status until you contact them again to release the account(s).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

What about them? The majority voted for Putin. I say increase their recurring bill.

And how do you figure out which is which -- i.e. who voted for him and who didn't .  Not to mention that nobody knew what a lunatic he'd become.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

What about them? The majority voted for Putin. I say increase their recurring bill.

There are no free elections in Russia. First of all every opposition that could become harmful is eliminated
And the outcome for the Putin clan is absolutely certain before the elections.

Don't forget Russia has no history with democracy what so ever.
The Duma is still mainly an applaud machine to cheer for the leaders. Too strong opposition can easily be rewarded with a long vacation in Siberia.

They left the totally central guided economy when the USSR collapsed, but a real democracy was never established.

Edited by Sid Nagy
I'm stepping out of this thread, I start to discuss politics.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There are no free elections in Russia. First of all every opposition that could become harmful is eliminated
And the outcome for the Putin clan is absolutely certain before the elections.

Don't forget Russia has no history with democracy what so ever.
The Duma is still mainly an applaud machine to cheer for the leaders. Too strong opposition can easily be rewarded with a long vacation in Siberia.

Try telling that to people who had no idea he would become a lunatic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No, it's not a basic account. It's contacting LL and having your account placed on hold status until you contact them again to release the account(s).

basic is safe on the servers, nothing happens and only the owner can log in ...  it's absurd to put it on administrative hold and go through a verification process ( thát will be required) to reacitvate. Many won't have the documents / id's to get the accounts unlocked after a war.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You know the answer is yes. Isn't the question really "Why"? Do really want to risk a wall of posts from meeeeeee!?

...sets you on fire.

Don't make me break out my firemen.  😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Try telling that to people who had no idea he would become a lunatic.

Plenty of people both there and in the US and elsewhere admire Putin  because they admire authoritarianism and despise democracy.  Plenty of political leaders and media opinion influencers have for years and even within the last week expressed their respect and admiration for him (as well as their contempt for Ukraine). 

Ukraine is the current tip of the spear in the battle between authoritarianism and democracy but The battle is being waged worldwide, including in Russia. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Plenty of people both there and in the US and elsewhere admire Putin  because they admire authoritarianism and despise democracy.  Plenty of political leaders and media opinion influencers have for years and even within the last week expressed their respect and admiration for him (as well as their contempt for Ukraine). 

Ukraine is the current tip of the spear in the battle between authoritarianism and democracy but The battle is being waged worldwide, including in Russia. 

I know very well how many IGNORANT people there are on this planet. Too many. 

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

basic is safe on the servers, nothing happens and only the owner can log in ...  it's absurd to put it on administrative hold and go through a verification process ( thát will be required) to reacitvate. Many won't have the documents / id's to get the accounts unlocked after a war.

It doesn't take an ID to get your account unlocked after YOU made the request to lock it in the first place. 

image.thumb.png.ce88c50eacedcdc9bd558216ef0c04dc.png

10 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

If I ever come in their situation where bombs are dropped (Ukraine) or economy is collapsing (Russia) or both, the last thing I will be concerned about is SL.
Food, water and a roof above the head will be the only concerns then. If there is a possibility to still access Internet in such a situation I would downgrade immediately.
Rebuilding the country and economy will take years. After that Second Life could become an option again, if still available by then. 

I'l talk to your government and make sure they won't pick a fight with anyone. I'd miss you here ;) I'll even wiggle my finger at them a couple of times if i must!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It doesn't take an ID to get your account unlocked after YOU made the request to lock it in the first place. 

that's about CANCELLING accounts... or with other words voluntary DELETING not locking or on hold.

LL even warns for inventory loss .. so keeping basic is a lot safer. 

and quite some people will get this.. wanna bet it does need more personal info first?
77eb90c467b25e18c197a5a15ba82a79.png

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that's about CANCELLING accounts... or with other words voluntary DELETING not locking or on hold.

LL even warns for inventory loss .. so keeping basic is a lot safer. 

and quite some people will get this.. wanna bet it does need more personal info first?
77eb90c467b25e18c197a5a15ba82a79.png

It is the same process to get an account back after it has been placed on hold. You're not asking for the account to be cancelled. I did not say you do not have to provide information, I said you do not have to provide PHYSICAL IDENTIFICATION. Unless you can't provide the information they ask for like name three people on your inworld contacts list.

I've had to recover an account before. I do know the process.

The fact still remains that this is a game. A form of entertainment. *yes I'm well aware that the majority don't see this as a game but that's what it is*  There is no reason for a US based company to get involved in the political dealings of other countries by giving them preferential treatment on a premium subscription to an entertainment platform.  There is also a matter that you don't have to pay to keep your account open and able to communicate with people on your friends list or maintain your inventory.  

To think that the people of Ukraine are concerned at all about their premium subscription to Second Life at this time is preposterous.

Not one person has suggested that perhaps if they have Ukrainian friends on Second Life that they would be wiling to cover the yearly subscription for them. Well, I guess now I'm suggesting it.  If you are aware of or are friends with anyone in the Ukraine that is unable to cover the cost of their premium membership why not contact LL and offer to cover it for them?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 8

@Sam1 Bellisserian It ranks low on the list of survival, but speaking from experience, while I was close to death myself one of the things I would do while laying in the hospital room was have a deep seated desire for things to get back to normal.  I wanted my own bed, I wanted to be around my family, and I wanted to be able to use my computer.  I wanted to be able to go back to a place where I felt happiest, for some people SL provides a level of comfort.  It is definitely not a priority I imagine for most people, but it is just one of those things they will have to return to.  This could go for just about anyone who is having to go through hardship.

It would be a nice feature for people to have to try to go back to a level of normalcy they had before a tragedy.  It will not solve all of their problems, but it may contribute to them having one less worry.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.