LL Please Suspend Reoccuring Billing For Ukrainians

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

did you even read that page?

759759ec7795b9627bf637810d4d83ee.png

61814a06e766e8d9d1a11673f5160df4.png

4320c311129fa308444c4d8ad1be2d4d.png

AND

685ba02e0354ac89bd7e48f4f95a2038.png

but keep going on about nothing please..

Did you even read my posts? I never used the word cancelled! I SAID REQUEST A HOLD. There is a huge difference. I'm sorry you are unable to open your eyes to see that difference and understand wtf I am saying.

Have a good day.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Please stop the back and forth arguing.

Trying to make myself clear to other people is not arguing but thanks for taking it that way.

Don't know why I bother most of the time since people don't read or listen. They just read and hear what they want to read and hear instead of what is actually there. So, what the f ever.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

@Sam1 Bellisserian It ranks low on the list of survival, but speaking from experience, while I was close to death myself one of the things I would do while laying in the hospital room was have a deep seated desire for things to get back to normal.  I wanted my own bed, I wanted to be around my family, and I wanted to be able to use my computer.  I wanted to be able to go back to a place where I felt happiest, for some people SL provides a level of comfort.  It is definitely not a priority I imagine for most people, but it is just one of those things they will have to return to.  This could go for just about anyone who is having to go through hardship.

It would be a nice feature for people to have to try to go back to a level of normalcy they had before a tragedy.  It will not solve all of their problems, but it may contribute to them having one less worry.

The people who have had to evacuate dont have the luxury of wi-fi or even laptops. They were lucky to take a backpack of clothing. They are NOT worried about SL. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The people who have had to evacuate dont have the luxury of wi-fi or even laptops. They were lucky to take a backpack of clothing. They are NOT worried about SL. 

Most of them don't even know what second life is, but I imagine some of the people who have evacuated are worried about a lot of things right now, one of those things might have to do with Second Life, it could have to do with a multitude of things we could not even be aware of because none of us are psychic. 

But ultimately, most people in Ukraine are not evacuating right now.  The last I have read, quite a few have access to the Internet, but their lives have been impacted regardless.  

• Like 1

When you're already losing everything, the loss of one more thing still hurts. LL may not be able to do much to help the people in Ukraine who are fighting to survive.. But they can help maintain the hope of someday returning to what they had. Providing hope is sometimes the most powerful action one can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Most of them don't even know what second life is, but I imagine some of the people who have evacuated are worried about a lot of things right now, one of those things might have to do with Second Life, it could have to do with a multitude of things we could not even be aware of because none of us are psychic. 

But ultimately, most people in Ukraine are not evacuating right now.  The last I have read, quite a few have access to the Internet, but their lives have been impacted regardless.  

Perhaps you missed my post where I have a friend who evacuated from Ukraine. Perhaps you missed all the news about packed train stations and highways from people evacuating. 

That's a broad ignorant brush to paint with saying most Ukrainians dont know what SL is. I thought you said none of us were psychic...

25 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Perhaps you missed my post where I have a friend who evacuated from Ukraine. Perhaps you missed all the news about packed train stations and highways from people evacuating. 

I am sorry to hear that your friend has been evacuated from the Ukraine.  

25 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That's a broad ignorant brush to paint with saying most Ukrainians dont know what SL is. I thought you said none of us were psychic...

That is a bit of a stretch, I am talking about general knowledge of a game that is relatively unheard of.  You were speaking for everyone, you made the claim that they are not worried about second life.  

Edit:
Just for clarity, I am sorry your friend had to be evacuated.. not that she is currently in a safer environment.  I'm happy that she is safe.  

Edited by Istelathis

I have to agree with some of the others.

A lot of us were out of work during the pandemic, struggling with our own lives. Nothing was suspended then.

Once they start suspending payments for anyone, they have to start suspending payments for everyone.

• Like 2

Instead of suspending billing they're suspending the accounts of anyone that lives in Donetsk or Luhansk. Even ones that aren't part of the Russian/LPR/DPR controlled areas. Maybe I missed the memo on the sanctions hitting those areas too or something? But this seems a little nuts. (If you look at my map they are originally from the circled area. Which was still government controlled)

A friend of ours just had their SL account suspended by LL due to the sanctions despite not living in any of those mentioned areas. They've been living in Kyiv for the last few years and Kharkiv before that. 

They had to flee from Kyiv due to the invasion and each day is touch and go on if they're going to die or not, their store is their full time job and Linden Labs just fully removed their ability to even manage their store or collect their earnings completely preventing them from getting much needed money while they remain away from their home.. They did this to a Ukrainian whos life is at risk.

Map of Ukraine.png

Discord_HC2GLVNOxT.png

Edited by Nivanglus Aya
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, Nivanglus Aya said:

Instead of suspending billing they're suspending the accounts of anyone that lives in Donetsk or Luhansk. Even ones that aren't part of the Russian/LPR/DPR controlled areas. Maybe I missed the memo on the sanctions hitting those areas too or something? But this seems a little nuts. (If you look at my map they are originally from the circled area. Which was still government controlled)

A friend of ours just had their SL account suspended by LL due to the sanctions despite not living in any of those mentioned areas. They've been living in Kyiv for the last few years and Kharkiv before that. 

They had to flee from Kyiv due to the invasion and each day is touch and go on if they're going to die or not, their store is their full time job and Linden Labs just fully removed their ability to even manage their store or collect their earnings completely preventing them from getting much needed money while they remain away from their home.. They did this to a Ukrainian whos life is at risk.

Map of Ukraine.png

Discord_HC2GLVNOxT.png

That's not Linden Labs making that decision though. They still do have to follow US laws first and foremost no matter what.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

That's not Linden Labs making that decision though. They still do have to follow US laws first and foremost no matter what.  

The sanctions would be targeting the areas controlled and recognized by Russia as the LPR/DPR. On the map there I circled "Kramatorsk is where they're from, which isn't part of that territory covered by the sanctions at all. I get where you're coming from for sure, but it seems like LL is brushing with an excessively large brush or not doing their research. 

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The US law sanctions target Russia, not Ukraine. LPR and DPR have been hot spots for Russian funded separatists, thus why they are included, but I won't get in to the deep politics of this. If you read, the person they've incorrectly sent this e-mail to and suspended does not live in either of those regions, is not a part of DPR or LPR and is for all intents and purposes, most likely going to become a refugee as they've had to flee their home, which he said, was in Kyiv. 

LL needs to thoroughly review who they're suspending. Taking away someone's income at a crucial moment when they may need it is devastating.

6 minutes ago, Nivanglus Aya said:

The sanctions would be targeting the areas controlled and recognized by Russia as the LPR/DPR. On the map there I circled "Kramatorsk is where they're from, which isn't part of that territory covered by the sanctions at all. I get where you're coming from for sure, but it seems like LL is brushing with an excessively large brush or not doing their research. 

https://www.internationaltradeinsights.com/2022/02/new-executive-order-imposes-sanctions-on-donetsk-and-luhansk-peoples-republics-in-ukraine/

Just now, Meep UwU said:

Again, this person is not from either of those.

He literally circled KRAMATORSK, which is visibly not in LPR or DPR.

Which is within  the Donetsk region as shown on the map.  It's as if they sanctioned the state of Ohio in the US.  Akron is a city in Ohio.  The sanctions would apply to Akron.  

• Like 2

While only the blue area is rebel controlled, the entire region of Donetsk is the part I outlined in Red.  The blue and yellow parts of that outline are not 2 different regions.  Kramatorsk is part of Donetsk. Whether or not it is part of the rebel controlled area is not relevant to the sanctions.  The sanctions are against Donetsk.

image.thumb.png.d7457630f50d3a97ddc6a3a46e211e5a.png

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Which is within  the Donetsk region as shown on the map.  It's as if they sanctioned the state of Ohio in the US.  Akron is a city in Ohio.  The sanctions would apply to Akron.  

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While only the blue area is rebel controlled, the entire region of Donetsk is the part I outlined in Red.  The blue and yellow parts of that outline are not 2 different regions.  Kramatorsk is part of Donetsk. Whether or not it is part of the rebel controlled area is not relevant to the sanctions.  The sanctions are against Donetsk.

image.thumb.png.d7457630f50d3a97ddc6a3a46e211e5a.png

Okay, so fine, it's within the borders of it, even though it's not part of LPR or DPR. We can agree and disagree at the same time on why this shouldn't be how they handle it. However, it could be an oversight by the US Government as a whole, not LL.

The other issue is that they were not currently living there. They were living in Kyiv.

Edited by Meep UwU

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/02/21/fact-sheet-executive-order-to-impose-costs-for-president-putins-action-to-recognize-so-called-donetsk-and-luhansk-peoples-republics/

DPR and LPR as they seem to like to be called only control the areas on the map there. That does not include the listed Oblasts. Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast are not LPR/DPR Controlled. The Sanctions list specifically the "independent" states. 

Also: Look at the part where it states: Minsk II Ceasefire Lines. It clearly marks what is Ukrainian territory. LL Banning anyone beyond that is effectively incorrectly applying the sanctions unless the US Government specifically outlies the rest of the area as a "Covered Region" per their own guidance.

Edited by Nivanglus Aya

LL could create a peace symbol badge, hat, floating balloon etc, an event to release or wear the item, make it available on Marketplace so everyone who wants to show support for peace regardless of country, can do so and show support.Then LL is not being political. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nivanglus Aya said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/02/21/fact-sheet-executive-order-to-impose-costs-for-president-putins-action-to-recognize-so-called-donetsk-and-luhansk-peoples-republics/

DPR and LPR as they seem to like to be called only control the areas on the map there. That does not include the listed Oblasts. Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast are not LPR/DPR Controlled. The Sanctions list specifically the "independent" states. 

I advise the sanction account(s) to create a Support ticket and link to the Whitehouse page, noting specifically the areas of contention, requesting them to take the matter back to their lawyers for clarification.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.