LL Please Suspend Reoccuring Billing For Ukrainians

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Blitz Rage said:

Then LL is not being political.

With respect, f*** "not being political."

Virtually the only nations in the world supporting Putin right now are all brutal tyrannies, such as Belarus, North Korea, Eritrea, Venezuela, and Syria. The UN General Assembly condemned the Russian invasion by 141 votes to 5, with 35 abstentions.

And there is plenty of evidence that a great many Russians are also violently opposed.

I don't think we need to worry about "being political." Putin is a brutal despot, this is an unprovoked war of aggression, and not "being political" is cowardice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With respect: Linden Lab itself has explicitly stated prior that Politics do not belong in this Forum. They have closed down threads which have gone down the Politics road.

At this point this thread needs to be closed down as well.

You (nor I) get to decide which causes they'll allow or not either. Like it or not, that's how it works. Deal. With. It.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

With respect: Linden Lab itself has explicitly stated prior that Politics do not belong in this Forum. They have closed down threads which have gone down the Politics road.

At this point this thread needs to be closed down as well.

You (nor I) get to decide which causes they'll allow or not either. Like it or not, that's how it works. Deal. With. It.

That's ridiculous, Solar. No one here is arguing "politics" in the sense that you mean. I was arguing about semantics. Who here has voiced support for the invasion of Ukraine? The debate here has nothing to do with political bickering.

The US, the nation within which LL is located, and by whose laws it operates, has sanctioned Russia for what it has officially termed violations of international law.

On top of which, there is no humanitarian crisis in Russia -- unless you count the misery of living under a brutal dictatorship. We are talking about Ukraine because it is THERE that bombs are dropping, over 1 million refugees fleeing, and people are dying. Not in Russia. Even if it merited it, Russia does not require LL's special consideration.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And that's not an answer.

Shouldn't you be baking cookies?

It's the only answer you're gong to get that falls within the ToS and CS as well as that won't come across snippier than intended.

I will - however - point out that it is not my definition of "politics" that Linden Lab disallows discussion of, here. It is their ownTheir definition is the one that matters where administrative action is concerned.

As far as baking goes: No.

Edited by Solar Legion

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

It's the only answer you're gong to get that falls within the ToS and CS as well as that won't come across snippier than intended.

As far as baking goes: No.

😝🙃

You'd be less grumpy if there were cookies in the oven. Just sayin'

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😝🙃

You'd be less grumpy if there were cookies in the oven. Just sayin'

Only slightly. being off topic as a whole though, I will say this in my "defense" - HRT really is like a second puberty in a way.

Finding I am a wee bit testier these days. Hoping that settles a bit.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Only slightly. being off topic as a whole though, I will say this in my "defense" - HRT really is like a second puberty in a way.

finding I am a wee bit testier these days. Hoping that settles a bit.

Ok. Well, hugs. Not as good as cookies, of course, but we do what we can.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I'd be willing to bet he would be grumpier if there was a bun in the oven... 

A few circumstances under consideration, my Mate would have some explaining to do in such an instance.

Grumpy would not begin to cover it.

• Haha 3

• Moles

It's hard not to be emotional in the face of global events this week, especially on top of the other stressful things going on around us.  Calling our reactions testy or grumpy is putting a mild face on it. This thread is showing that everyone cares, and we all feel powerless to do much more than shake our fists.  Please remember, though, that shaking our fists at each other doesn't help much.  Keep the conversation and this thread alive. Have a cookie.

Classic Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies Recipe - NYT Cooking

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

It's hard not to be emotional in the face of global events this week, especially on top of the other stressful things going on around us.  Calling our reactions testy or grumpy is putting a mild face on it. This thread is showing that everyone cares, and we all feel powerless to do much more than shake our fists.  Please remember, though, that shaking our fists at each other doesn't help much.  Keep the conversation and this thread alive. Have a cookie.

Classic Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies Recipe - NYT Cooking

Those are not chocolate chip. They are oatmeal raisin! HAH! You can't fool me! I'm on to yoooouuuuu!

🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I would support a credit for purchasing land back if it was lost during something like this, or a suspension of the back tier payment and account locking.

If you need to evacuate your home (we've had that here with wildfires) it would be really unpleasant to need to *buy* the same (or equivalent) space again after it has been repossessed for lack of tier payment.

I think during the event there are bigger things to worry about, but people who own land may have months of recovery after the fact trying to get their accounts (SL charges tier at the end of the month,  not the beginning, so if something happens and you are unable to pay you are behind a month and could end up with a locked account that can't even log on as a homeless drifter until you bring it current) and holdings back in order.

• Like 2

i think that this is something that every company goes thru

at what level of catastrophe does the company intercede to provide temporary relief to its customers. And how does the company determine the length of temporary relief before it can no longer sustain the relief

in my experience companies tend to deal with this on a customer by customer basis. If on due billing date the company doesn't get paid then it will follow its normal processes.  And only if the customer contacts the company and asks for a variation to those processes does the company provide some form of deferred payment plan. If the customer doesn't contact the company before the penalty phase of the process then the penalty phase kicks in

not able to pay a bill due to a catastrophe beyond our control is not a good situation to be in, neither is being in the catastrophe itself.  Nor is it a good situation, when unable to even contact the company to discuss a deferment plan before due date

i would like to think that Linden, like lots of other companies, has a contingency policy within their normal billing processes for customers caught out due to catastrophe. Even if the policy is only that the company bill collection manager will exercise tolerance and awareness of the customers situation before pushing the reclaim button

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

With respect, f*** "not being political."

Virtually the only nations in the world supporting Putin right now are all brutal tyrannies, such as Belarus, North Korea, Eritrea, Venezuela, and Syria. The UN General Assembly condemned the Russian invasion by 141 votes to 5, with 35 abstentions.

And there is plenty of evidence that a great many Russians are also violently opposed.

I don't think we need to worry about "being political." Putin is a brutal despot, this is an unprovoked war of aggression, and not "being political" is cowardice.

I was watching videos of the captured Russian soldiers..

Almost all of them were saying they thought they were on an exercise at the border and didn't even know they were going to war until they were in it and on the other side of the border..

One guy they let call his mom to let her know he was captured and safe..

One was saying that once they found out, if they didn't continue, they would have been imprisoned for 25 or more years.. I'm sure it wouldn't have been no white collar prison either..

Probably pretty freezing cold prison time..

Putin just needs to be Mussolini'd..

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

But I would rather LL focus more power on humanitarian aid.

Isn't that what they did?  Why can't they do both? 

"We intend to live up to this principle, and while there is much work to be done, we are starting with: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blitz Rage said:

LL could create a peace symbol badge, hat, floating balloon etc, an event to release or wear the item, make it available on Marketplace so everyone who wants to show support for peace regardless of country, can do so and show support.Then LL is not being political. 

I stayed out of this one so far but i gotta respond to this one.

Tell me, What does this actually do for the people of Ukraine except for making yourself feel better? If you wanna help the people there, send them money or other essential things. I see a couple of changed avatar pictures into the Ukrainian flag. What does that do, really...

I know your heart is in the right place, but it's very, very naive and not helping anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.