LL Please Suspend Reoccuring Billing For Ukrainians

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Annie Nova said:

I was just going to post this! thanks for sharing it Marigold

I just thought the original poster on this particular thread would be especially pleased to see this as they'd brought it up the other day. 

(I still feel sorry for the regular people of Russia though, they are suffering too.)

/me skips away singing Culture Club's War War Is Stupid (and that's why we have rain in the UK). 

(but really feeling sick to the pit of my stomach at what is going on in the world generally)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I see a couple of changed avatar pictures into the Ukrainian flag. What does that do, really...

Well, I have to do something while I wait for my body armour to come back from the cleaners.

We do what we can. Some of us are finding other ways, outside of the SL forums, to assist -- through donations, by amplifying the voices of Ukrainians in need. Others are not in a position to do more than show moral support. So they do that.

No, changing a forum avatar isn't going to protect people from bullets, or feed refugees. But neither is sneering at people for showing their support.

And BTW. I am half Ukrainian, so, actually, I don't really feel I need your approval to change my forum avatar to the colours of the Ukrainian flag.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I have to do something while I wait for my body armour to come back from the cleaners.

We do what we can. Some of us are finding other ways, outside of the SL forums, to assist -- through donations, by amplifying the voices of Ukrainians in need. Others are not in a position to do more than show moral support. So they do that.

No, changing a forum avatar isn't going to protect people from bullets, or feed refugees. But neither is sneering at people for showing their support.

And BTW. I am half Ukrainian, so, actually, I don't really feel I need your approval to change my forum avatar to the colours of the Ukrainian flag.

I'm not sneering and you obviously don't need my approval. My point is, it isn't helping anyone. I knew i would get a reaction like that with a very high probability of someone with such an actual avatar picture, so i guess i sort of asked for it?

If you have family still in Ukraine, I truly hope they are ok. I mean that.

I'm not aiming to belittle anyone with that flag in their picture. I really thought that was obvious. I didn't mean to upset you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's ridiculous, Solar. No one here is arguing "politics" in the sense that you mean. I was arguing about semantics. Who here has voiced support for the invasion of Ukraine? The debate here has nothing to do with political bickering.

The US, the nation within which LL is located, and by whose laws it operates, has sanctioned Russia for what it has officially termed violations of international law.

On top of which, there is no humanitarian crisis in Russia -- unless you count the misery of living under a brutal dictatorship. We are talking about Ukraine because it is THERE that bombs are dropping, over 1 million refugees fleeing, and people are dying. Not in Russia. Even if it merited it, Russia does not require LL's special consideration.

I just want to react to this part because something I heard today really has me pissed off..

Since the war started and even today and tomorrow and the next day and so on, The U.S. is and will still be importing oil from Russia. 60,000 barrels a day..

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in how slow the U.S. has moved on helping cripple Putins efforts since this war has started..

It really should have never happened in the first place.

I'm just really disappointed in the U.S. at the moment.. a little more than usual..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

I am going to politely request that if you're going to get arsey with each other, please take it to private messaging, because I for one am sick to death of wars, petty or otherwise.

Thank you!

I'll behave, i promise. I'll wander off to the "5 letter game" it's been a while ;) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.