Is there a problem with my name?

Jesucifer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Jesucifer said:

I created a store and I just wanted to see if I can use my name in it (Jesucifer), just for conscience' sake... he is within the rules of conduct, everything is ok with him... thanks for your attention.

Welcome to the Second Life forums.

Why should there be anything wrong with your name? It wasn't disallowed when you created your avatar.

Can I call you Juicy for short?

Edited by Marigold Devin
Aka Angevil

If you choose not to give your store a brand name on the marketplace it will use your account name by default. I think it's perfectly fine as a shop name. I went really boring and unimaginative when i started a store and did my name with 'shop' added on at the end i should have tried to come up with something better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesucifer said:

I created a store and I just wanted to see if I can use my name in it (Jesucifer), just for conscience' sake... he is within the rules of conduct, everything is ok with him... thanks for your attention.

What kind of store will it be? If you are planning on selling bibles, yeah, you might have a problem.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jesucifer said:

The fact alone that you think about is, says something, doesn't it?
As a merchant better avoid every controversy if you want L$ from everyone. Strong religious people may shop elsewhere because of your name.
It is all about how serious you take your business.

There is always the possibility to make an alt with your store name for instance.
And of course it is possible to just ignore everything and use the name you like.

My last name Nagy isn't the best for a merchant either. Some people associate it with nagging, which is totally not the case. It is the family name of a noble family in the Balkans. I would never chose the name again if had to start all over, but I never bothered to change it either and was still pretty successful in the prim era with my door store.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Non native English speakers always have to edit. That's mandatory.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jesucifer said:

Its allowed.

But you will probably make less money than you would with a more neutral name. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I'll buck the crowd on this one. I am offended by your name, would AR you if I saw you in world, and think that you chose it specifically to shock and offend.

What abuse would the AR allege?

I am asking as a serious question. Assuming the name was chosen because it was offensive, how is it abusive to have it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Assuming the name was chosen because it was offensive, how is it abusive to have it?

TOS 4.2
4.2 You agree to use an Account Name for each Product that is not misleading, offensive or infringing. You are responsible for activities related to your Account Name, and for keeping your password for your Account(s) secure.

You must choose an Account Name for your Account which may also serve as the name for your graphical representation within each Product (your "Avatar"). You may not select as your Account Name any name that Linden Lab determines may cause deception or confusion; may violate any trademark right, copyright, or other proprietary right or mislead other users regarding your identity or affiliation; or any name that Linden Lab determines in its sole discretion to be vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. Linden Lab reserves the right to delete or change any Account Name that violates this paragraph, and will have no liability regarding the use, modification, or deletion of any Account Name.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

It could be interpreted as the duality of man, on one side you have aspirations to be more like Jesus and the other the temptations of Lucifer.  It really depends on the person who sees it, and their own beliefs.  I imagine if presented in the right way, you could have a large religious following, if that is what you wanted, and it might not be a name meant to insult others and therefore not be prone to being against the rules.  It really depends on how you present yourself I guess.  

If your name is meant to be mocking, or ridiculing of other people's beliefs then you might have a problem with LL. 

20 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I was thinking of making an alt called Mohamurderer.  You think that will fly?  Double standards as always in this (first and second) life.

Mohamurderer would not fly

MohammedIblis would fly, in the same way Jesucifer flys.  These two names associate good and evil in one entity. Good and evil are thought concepts

murder on the other hand is not a thought concept. Which doesn't fly, in the same way that Jesumurderer, Dalaillamamurderer, Budhamurderer woudl not fly either

Edited by Mollymews
typs
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.