Premium Plus - What are your 'Must Have' features and what are you willing to pay for it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

I see a basic issue with most of this: we Avatars want better value - perks that mean our land is cheaper, we get higher stipend etc etc.

But I'm pretty sure LL is hoping to make extra income off this initiative - not use it as a method of giving away money.

One thing I would pay for is less lag - especially when I venture out into clubs and the like, where other folks congregate. 

Of course LL is in it for the money. It is a business like any other.
But they don't seem to find yet another grow market. The pandemic mainly polished the figures because of returning and bored oldbees.

So LL mainly lives from the old accounts that stayed over the years.
It can't hurt them if they orientate a bit on what those long standing members find useful for the future.

But of course in the end they have to follow their own ideas and plans.
I don't hold my breath for any of the ideas that have turned up in this thread, but who knows?
We have a proverb in the Dutch language that translates as : Never shot is always a miss.
Meaning: If you don't try you will never have success.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here would be my wishlist for premium plus:

• Free basic uploads like images and sounds. Lower upload fees.

• More land allowance, of at least 4096 square metres. or exclusive for premium plus bigger mansions in Belliseria on 4096 plots.

• Bigger weekly allowance.

• At least double group slots so it would be 140.

• More LI allowance for the included tiers.

• Ability to purchase a homestead w/out having to have full sim first

• Possibly a web interface for inventory management so that maintenance can be done with a much friendlier and easier way.

• The possibility to own a homestead without a full sim.

• One free name change per year for the avatar.
  • More picks in profiles.
  • Multiple marketplace stores.

And I would be willing to pay about 30-40$ more for it on a yearly basis.

• Haha 1

Haven't read all eight(so far) pages of this thread, so maybe someone has already mentioned this, but I can hardly afford the current Premium plus tier for additional mainland as it is; a Premium Plus is out of the question.  It would be great if there were a reduced cost Premium for people who don't need a bunch of extras.  The cost of Premium when I joined was $79; I'd love to go back to that and would happily exchange all my current "perks" for just #1 on my list below... a "Value Premium" as it were.

The things I value the most are, in order of importance:

1. More square meters included at no extra cost (at least 4096, including a Linden Home, as the option works now)*

2. More Prims/LI per square meter

3. More group slots

4. More Picks

5. Annual complimentary name change

6. NOT having to  go to ta Kiosk to acquire my occasional gifty (why can't it just automatically be delivered to me as soon as it's ready?).

*There are loads of abandoned mainland parcels. A significant increase in this allowance would likely help populate some of those barren areas... although throwing Protected Area rivers through some of them would also increase the population (significantly)… And/or perhaps the ability to change land texture would be beneficial as well (a tasteful and seasonal set of options based on the current geography, not a free-for-all).

Edited by Morsuljyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wondering where, or more correctly, from whom these extra prims will come from.  If a premium member moves into my region and gets those extra prims, they have to come from somewhere as regions have a finite number.  Nice idea but not practical.  A larger tier allowance would be fine with me.

• Thanks 1

My wishlist has been mentioned several times, but:

- More picks

- More tier, maybe 2048

- Free name change

- Ability to choose any last name from the past or present

- More attempts to get a Linden home per 24hrs

- Decent gifts, like premium only mega pack from good designers

- L$500 stipend

Reed Linden said on 10th March 2022 that the lab should be announcing more details about Second Life Premium Plus later this month (before end of March 2022). Q2 2022 starts 1st April through until 30th June 2022 I believe so I would imagine the launch of PP would happen in this timeframe. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 4:34 AM, Anicha Heartsong said:

One thing I would pay for is less lag - especially when I venture out into clubs and the like, where other folks congregate. 

YES! I'll happily pay double for that.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, LordofPleasure Merlin said:

Possibly a web interface for inventory management so that maintenance can be done with a much friendlier and easier way.

YES. I'd pay well for that, too.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:34 AM, Anicha Heartsong said:

Given that the lag is pretty much totally based on your computer combined with how much good versus crap is being rezzed, including super complex avatars, most of this is out of LL's control.  The most they could do is put in rules to help ensure that new mesh is better optimized, but that would help everyone regardless of their status -- and would do nothing about existing content.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We already have that -- it is called Mainland.  B|

Yes, but ...   people build all kinds of ugly stuff on Mainland - large glowing things in the air...    and a good slice of mainland is really really expensive...        I guess letting people put their own house would be too hard to manage and keep a theme going.    I'll just take the added LI allowance :)

Edited by Cali Souther
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cali Souther said:

Linden land I can put my own house on

Linden do create themed mainland areas, like Bay City, Nautilus, etc. as you are aware. What happens is that people who do move into these areas do tend to build in a way which is consistent with the theme

one day when LPDW have finished building out Belli then they might start doing more themed mainland areas

i think that one of the keys to themed mainland areas is the region restriction preventing parcel joining and subdivision. Can own more than one parcel in the area, just can't chop them up

as there are relatively few of these themed mainland areas then you are right, they can be relatively expensive to purchase. Not sure what the price tipping point would be, on the growth line of more themed areas

Edited by Mollymews
typ
  • Like 1

Yes, but ...   people build all kinds of ugly stuff on Mainland - large glowing things in the air...    and a good slice of mainland is really really expensive... 

And Bellisseria would be different from this, how exactly, if people were allowed to put whatever they wanted in place of their Linden Homes? 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yes, but ...   people build all kinds of ugly stuff on Mainland - large glowing things in the air...    and a good slice of mainland is really really expensive... 

And Bellisseria would be different from this, how exactly, if people were allowed to put whatever they wanted in place of their Linden Homes? 

There are elements that tie the neighborhood together in Bellisseria, achieved with pathways/roads....similar landscaping elements....terrain height and color...water features....home orientation (generally facing the roads).  The typical Mainland region has none of that, and basically looks like a junkyard where everything is thrown out in a hodge-podge fashion. There is no regard for the underlying design or layout that creates the primary beauty of a community...how it all flows together as part of a greater design.

Probably you just can't see that...some people can't see the forest for the trees...and some can't see the trees for the forest.  A balance is always nice.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Linden do create themed mainland areas, like Bay City, Nautilus, etc. as you are aware. What happens is that people who do move into these areas do tend to build in a way which is consistent with the theme

one day when LPDW have finished building out Belli then they might start doing more themed mainland areas

i think that one of the keys to themed mainland areas is the region restriction preventing parcel joining and subdivision. Can own more than one parcel in the area, just can't chop them up

as there are relatively few of these themed mainland areas then you are right, they can be relatively expensive to purchase. Not sure what the price tipping point would be, on the growth line of more themed areas

Hardly anyone uses the provided homes in Horizons.  If they would offer better homes there ( seriously, have you seen what's available?), I'd probably use one so I could decorate with the entire.double prim allowance.

@Abnor Moleany chance of getting new home options on Horizon?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Considering how central Bellisseria has become to premium accounts, I think what we are likely to see is also going to be focused around it.  I don't imagine we will see new themes just for premium plus accounts, not unless there are a large number of people that join it - instead I would think either we will see double primed regions that take on existing themes, or regions that have larger parcels.  I think we will probably see an increase of land from 1024, to 2048 and probably free uploads, and probably double the $L.  It will probably cost slightly less than having two premium accounts, with the added benefit of free uploads .

I don't think there are enough people that will pay for a fee much higher than around the $200 USD mark for them to put that much effort into creating new regions for members, as well as change the settings for upload fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

It would be like Horizons or bay city .. which aside from the land speculators, are for the most part very nice.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It would be like Horizons or bay city .. which aside from the land speculators, are for the most part very nice.

You forgot: ... and way to expensive to purchase a plot.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.