Caming

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone😊

I have a rental skybox and the area is set up so that other people from other parcels cannot see in or chat with me but the issue is that other renters on the parcel I am on can cam right into my skybox.  Have already reported one idiot for giving me repulsive comments whilst I was trying on some clothes.  I feel I cannot report all the sleazy men that do or will do this so does anyone know of a device I can get that would maybe put a shield of sorts around the skybox to stop them caming me?

Many Thanks

21 minutes ago, saemantha said:

I have a rental skybox and the area is set up so that other people from other parcels cannot see in or chat with me

Just for clarification, that land setting is not preventing anyone from seeing into your home, nor will it prevent anyone from actually IMing with anyone there.  It just prevents them from seeing any avatars that are there and being able to do open chat with the folks.  Even if they cannot actually see the avatars, the mini-map will still show the people dots and their radar can still give them the avatar names - and once you know who someone is, you can easily IM them.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies but I am well aware of all the info everyone has given.  I am simply asking if there is a device available, maybe an orb like device, that I can place in my skybox to prevent people caming inside?   My thought is that maybe someone by now has come up with something by now as this is an age old issue 

Just now, saemantha said:

Thanks for the replies but I am well aware of all the info everyone has given.  I am simply asking if there is a device available, maybe an orb like device, that I can place in my skybox to prevent people caming inside?   My thought is that maybe someone by now has come up with something by now as this is an age old issue 

No. 

• Like 3

Just now, saemantha said:

I am simply asking if there is a device available, maybe an orb like device, that I can place in my skybox to prevent people caming inside?   My thought is that maybe someone by now has come up with something by now as this is an age old issue 

Nope.  This is not anything that we can control with LSL scripts.  That camera access control is part of the viewer, which we cannot touch.

55 minutes ago, saemantha said:

I don't think you are understanding. If you have the other people from other parcels cannot see in or chat with me unchecked then he can't SEE your avatar even if he cams in. The only way he could see you is if he is actually on your parcel so he did not see you undress no matter what he IM's you.  So you don't really have a problem. Just mute him and live your life knowing that they can't see you. The solution for this age old issue has already been invented.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

5 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I don't think you are understanding.

No, I don't think you  understood the OP.  She said 

1 hour ago, saemantha said:

but the issue is that other renters on the parcel I am on can cam right into my skybox.

She's renting on a parcel that is set up for more than one tenant, stacked in skyboxes.  So, she is out of luck.  She cannot prevent other people who are already on her parcel from camming into her skybox.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, I don't think you  understood the OP.  She said 

She's renting on a parcel that is set up for more than one tenant, stacked in skyboxes.  So, she is out of luck.  She cannot prevent other people who are already on her parcel from camming into her skybox.

AH ok..I missed that. Time to move! LOL 

I guess I'm not understanding why the person who owns the parcel would have that checked but then I don't get why anyone has it checked unless you are surrounded by friends on their own parcels next to you.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

8 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

There’s cheap single parcel rentals out there. I like the ones that are not part of any community. Just one single parcel sitting in the middle of nowhere. 

How cheap is "cheap"?

I've been renting one of those L$50 skyboxes for years. I'm not in-world often and don't care who sees me. L$50/wk seems reasonable for a home base.

There's some mainland 1024 parcels renting for 249L.  Personally, a small price to pay for the bit of privacy afforded with parcel controls.  The 1024 parcel next to me rents for 499L but it's a double prim adult region.   Private estate 1024 rents for about the same but without the double prims.  Affordable/cheap is what you feel it is.

In the end there are only pixels to be seen.
No real people.

If I'm changing clothes in SL and someone cams in, a naked Sid Nagy could be on display, not me personally (the puppeteer).
So, honestly I could not care less.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

In the end there are only pixels to be seen.
No real people.

If I'm changing clothes in SL and someone cams in, a naked Sid Nagy could be on display, not me personally (the puppeteer).
So, honestly I could not care less.

I say the same. At the end of the day, what happens inworld has no bearing on one's RL.

I'm none too worried about who gets a free peek when changing mesh clothes.  Greg's pixel body looks heck of a lot better than his typist's meatsuit.  I would put a tip jar out but collecting money is against Bellisseria's covenant. :P

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.