How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I am doing mostly today, in both RL and SL!

Celebrating!

IWD-2-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.98a1cc3fca8ac1a47600a10dacbad542.png

I am proud to live in a society where this is NOT a political statement! No troll would dare to give a negative response. I am proud of you, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I am doing mostly today, in both RL and SL!

Celebrating!

IWD-2-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.98a1cc3fca8ac1a47600a10dacbad542.png

I WILL make a statement though. Why does there need to be a fist in the middle? Or am I just seeing that wrong? I believe in equality and mutual support, not power.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I WILL make a statement though. Why does there need to be a fist in the middle? Or am I just seeing that wrong? I believe in equality and mutual support, not power.

Not getting into it here, Sandor.

Suffice it to say that the fist is pretty old symbol of unity, strength, and resistance, all of which apply in this instance. The symbol was adapted from the black civil rights/black power movement of the 60s.

Sorry you disapprove, but not believing in "power" is easier when you have not been excluded from it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Suffice it to say that the fist is pretty old symbol of unity, strength, and resistance, all of which apply in this instance. The symbol was adapted from the black civil rights/black power movement of the 60s.

Sorry you disapprove, but not believing in "power" is easier when you have not been excluded from it.

We could also give him a "fun" answer, for example: Many people may assume it is a subtle callback to "Punch and Judy".  Judy always did get the upper hand.

• Like 2

Playing around with the poser in Alchemy thanks to @JeromFranzic pointing out that it now has it.

giphy.gif

The above is what I am going to look like for the remainder of the day.

Snapshot_869.thumb.jpg.6dd36f6f09690e5fe8513f47d39cc0c9.jpg

Reporting for duty!

Snapshot_870.thumb.jpg.b024595e272f4c44b655a34fbd39d73a.jpg

Goofing around, I need to do more posing experimenting.  Now I am off to see what other things I can do with alchemy..  I'm happy to see it can derender things again :D  

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am well aware. Sometimes the symbols can create more divisiveness, than they can unity.  That was the point I was making. 

• Like 1

I had to stop to get some gas for my hoverbike

image.thumb.jpeg.db296a37fb94b52b41b64b95c1e463df.jpeg

I couldn't find my app for RoxOil, but the prices were not entirely horrible.  I had enough to get a soda at least

Snapshot_882.thumb.jpg.09a01216123b275a4c137f3933cd23a2.jpg

They had a bunch of stuff in the store, but I couldn't find the clerk.  I think it is all automated now, damned AI taking all of the jobs and wotnot, at this rate, before you know it I'll no longer be able to deliver on my hoberbike and instead some AGI will be turning a profilt on our dime.. down with the machines!  

Snapshot_884.thumb.jpg.2721babadd70eb1201e27a74b2c65cb5.jpg

Calling RoxOil corporate to complain about the AI clerk.  The golem behind me is just going to have to wait for a while, she understands the urgency of this all though.... oh great, it is an automated service..  it is the bot agenda!

Snapshot_886.thumb.jpg.27f8e66be6dd077af63d49a24dc55d77.jpg

I'm off to find other organic beings to fight off the machine takeover.

• Like 15

I was feeling a bit down yesterday which doesn't happen often.  I logged in my main account to find a rainy region to visit and a friend to listen without judgement while I complained about life's woes.  Found one!

image.thumb.png.a16b805270ef598582a238b34fcbebf9.png

Sulk whine pout...

Then I released my inner drama llama and made it ever better with photography! 😄

image.thumb.jpeg.aa4d807b570998579de7e1d42a8b96f0.jpeg

• Like 15

Caitlin with a new T-shirt. I'm surprised she didn't say: "I must be crazy. I've been married to you in SL for almost two years".

Caitlin Crazy T-Shirt.png

• Like 11

Baphy-Wilberised.png

Almost posted it raw, but just as I was about to hit submit I realised Baphy's nipples should probably be Wilberised. But other than that - think I might be ready to step into a new head after .. Well, almost 7 years with my old head. Just some finishing touches to go before I break out the wallet. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

What they promised in the ad versus what you're really seeing.

photoshoppedad.thumb.png.def9660645975f323b636788baf920c5.png

Nope, still not a big fan of the painted-on flat look.

It's a hairbase instead of actual hair.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Caitlin with a new T-shirt. I'm surprised she didn't say: "I must be crazy. I've been married to you in SL for almost two years".

Caitlin Crazy T-Shirt.png

The weird part here (other than Cat and me. OK, she says she's "different", and I'm "weird"), is how her hair got darker. She didn't do that purposely. She ends up with all kinds of weird changes. She's on a MAC. Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I'm on a windows PC, and I don't have issues like she does.

Edited by Bagnu

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Proving that no hairbase can give your head an unflat 3D effect like the first picture.

Exactly!!! A hairbase is a tattoo. It's not actual hair.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Proving that no hairbase can give your head an unflat 3D effect like the first picture.

I wear them often.  I kind of like the look although a lot are supposed to look like either shaved or nearly shaved, or pulled back into a bun hair.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I wear them often.  I kind of like the look although a lot are supposed to look like either shaved or nearly shaved, or pulled back into a bun hair.

49 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A hairbase (tattoo layer) can add realism under mesh hair. I like how they add those few strands of hair on the forehead or at the base of the neck. 

Absolutely. Details like these work well for this purpose. Any hairstyle longer than shaved or fuller than slicked back just looks odd.

• Like 4