How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A hairbase (tattoo layer) can add realism under mesh hair. I like how they add those few strands of hair on the forehead or at the base of the neck. 

Absolutely!!! They don't work all that great without actual hair though.

• Like 3

If you want to edit the individual walls and ceilings etc of a builing, but everything is linked together, remember to select only one individual object when editing.

Of course I know. Of course! It's not going to happen to me that the whole town hall gets the design of a floral wallpaper. Nope, not happening to me!

Snapshot_20812085503_006_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085524_006a_004_klein.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 4

40 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

If you want to edit the individual walls and ceilings etc of a builing, but everything is linked together, remember to select only one individual object when editing.

Of course I know. Of course! It's not going to happen to me that the whole town hall gets the design of a floral wallpaper. Nope, not happening to me!

Been there, done that. It really IS awful when it happens though. I try and use "edit linked", and/or "Select faces". I've come close to tears when i've spent hours on something, and I make a mistake like that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Been there, done that. It really IS awful when it happens though. I try and use "edit linked", and/or "Select faces". I've come close to tears when i've spent hours on something, and I make a mistake like that.

Oh yes and I did it twice 😞 . Well, it's one of those things from the silly-me-department 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Well, it's restored again! I happened to do the flower wallpaper in the mayor's office when it happened, but now it's back again the way it was 🙂

Snapshot_20812085527_002_klein.png

• Like 13

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Cat's face xD It looks like you've said something and she's like "Seriously???" :)

LOL, yes. I saw that too!!! That was one of the reasons I made it a GIF posted it.

I had to double the speed, unfortunately,  because I wouldn't have been able to post it otherwise.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Cat and I chatting.

Cat and I Chatting 3.gif

I really do wish machinima recording was built into Firestorm. The camera can turn off all HUDS and UI, so it should be theoretically possible to do that with video as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, archangel969 said:

been there, done that... many many times 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love this one; I set up Botanical's fae lights on my parcel and put them to respond to the day cycle.  I'd put a large bunch of them in a small clearing, and remembered Studio Skye's Faery Ring and rezzed that beneath them. 

Fae Lights.jpg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

no names, no huds, no body except a head, and no money...luckily a restart fixed it

notgood.png

OMFG!!! That IS truly scary!!!

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Oh yes and I did it twice 😞 . Well, it's one of those things from the silly-me-department 😉

You know that there is a cancel option when this happens?
As long as one doesn't click select (or is it okay?) it can be reversed.

That said, it only was yesterday when it happened to me for the last time. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

You know that there is a cancel option when this happens?
As long as one doesn't click select (or is it okay?) it can be reversed.

That said, it only was yesterday when it happened to me for the last time. :D

What's worse, is when SL things suddenly "revert", or "change". For no apparent reason. I spent an hour adjusting Cat's vanity. Then a month later, the colour's are messed up, and I know she hasn't adjusted them (she would say "ooopps"). Or terraforming, and it's suddenly back to where it was before I did anything when I log in the next day.

• Like 3

Final touches to furnish the corner house of Canal city where a retired captain lives. He has a showcase of miniature ships in the living room. Some of the miniature ships available on MP are wonderfully detailed!
In the bedroom there are Japanese prints of Dutch ships (From the 17th to mid-19th century, the Dutch were the only Westerners allowed to do business with Japan so the Netherlands and Japan had a special bond).

Snapshot_20812085528_003_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085527_004_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085524_004_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085524_002_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085527_003_klein.png

• Like 16

On 3/6/2024 at 1:50 PM, Bagnu said:

I wonder what the stats are on the percentage of users for each of the various viewers,

When I still attended the Open Source viewer meetings, in the days of Oz Linden, we would get that information. At the time Firestorm was used by about 75% of the residents. The SL Viewer was being used by 20 something percent of residents. The less than 5% contains all the other viewers.

On 3/9/2024 at 5:44 PM, Bagnu said:

The weird part here (other than Cat and me. OK, she says she's "different", and I'm "weird"), is how her hair got darker. She didn't do that purposely. She ends up with all kinds of weird changes. She's on a MAC. Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I'm on a windows PC, and I don't have issues like she does.

The Macs use a weak OpenGL driver. They consistently have more problems. NVidia does a better job on their OpenGL driver.

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

What's worse, is when SL things suddenly "revert", or "change". For no apparent reason. I spent an hour adjusting Cat's vanity. Then a month later, the colour's are messed up, and I know she hasn't adjusted them (she would say "ooopps"). Or terraforming, and it's suddenly back to where it was before I did anything when I log in the next day.

With stuff in the region this can happen when the region is restarted. The work around is to adjust then take it back into inventory, This forces all the settings into the database. Otherwise they may not survive the restart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Cat and I chatting.

Cat and I Chatting 3.gif

It looks amazing!  Nicely done, the emotion plays though extremely well, the eyebrows, the lips, it all looks like a high budget film.  I can only imagine the amount of time you put into this.  The only thing it is missing, is a long island iced tea 🙃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

It looks amazing!  Nicely done, the emotion plays though extremely well, the eyebrows, the lips, it all looks like a high budget film.  I can only imagine the amount of time you put into this.  The only thing it is missing, is a long island iced tea 🙃

Thanks!!! I really didn't spend much time on it. I just turned on video recording with my NVIDIA card, and I liked what I saw when I previewed, so I trimmed it and converted it to an animated GIF from an MP4. We didn't plan the shot. We really were just chatting. It took me longer to get it converted to a size that I could upload than anything else.

This pic took me a lot longer, and it's nothing overly exciting. It's when Cat wore her new T-shirt for the first time. It's exciting to me though, because it's her wearing something new.

image.png.1d207d694a69a0b4b393158fb159cfd5.png

This is the original I had to work with:

image.thumb.png.f1364ce081a78293d7df499051380c7e.png

I was stuck with it, because we were discussing something. I can't and won't say "Hold on a min while I add some fill lights". The conversation is much more important than any pics I take.

• Like 8