How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

As mentioned, I am not a builder. I have Blender but don't use it but I do use PhotoShop for textures.

But when designing Canal city, I couldn't avoid the wharves. In Utrecht, I am used to walking not only at street level but also below, at wharf level. That's where the canal-side warehouses used to be. Now the so-called wharf cellars are restaurants and bars. I didn't have many prims left but still wanted to convey that atmosphere. Most wharfs you buy on MP don't have doors and windows in the wall. I guess that's sort of unique in Utrecht. So I took a picture of the quay wall I use, edited it in Photoshop and cut out windows and a door there. Used that again as a texture in SL. I still had a cylinder somewhere in my inventory so I could use that as a ceiling. Because, after all, yard cellars in Utrecht all have barrel vaults. Unfortunately, I don't have much space for many wharf cellars, but I have now made a bar and a jazz café. And it really feels like home!

werfiemuur_klein.png

Werfkelder muur_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085542_005_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085542_002a_008_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085542_004_klein.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 16

Posted (edited)

My Female alt with Cat's alt. I took this pic a couple of days ago, and couldn't find where I saved the pic. I haven't used that alt account in a long time, so I didn't remember the save location. I actually found it by accident working on a project.image.thumb.png.296065da37bec1196571620c415c3a2b.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Come and visit my little Cotswolds Village - Second Life Maps | The Grove Event - I've had some lovely people through, good conversations, good company!

53595226238_d81945faef_o.jpg

I was a little disappointed to find that this is not a place to visit as such, but a sales area for the buildings.  If you can perhaps point to their use in someone's inhabited area I'd be glad to visit it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I was a little disappointed to find that this is not a place to visit as such, but a sales area for the buildings.  If you can perhaps point to their use in someone's inhabited area I'd be glad to visit it.

It is a sales area it's where I currently have them all out. Plenty of people have them now so if I can track a client using them as such as they are intended I will post their link too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

FINALLY ready!

Now in Second life: the long-awaited urban version of Dutch estate. What does that look like? Come and find out! Walk along the wharfs, visit the old Amstel Mill, the brewery, the Dutch market, the cheese shop and much more. Taste the city atmosphere with village cosiness as you can only find in Amsterdam, Utrecht or... Canal city!

Canal city

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

FINALLY ready!

Woah, those cheese prices are no child's play - per gram?!

4d2cac6e438e3608e31457d6cc9935f2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

My mind got stuck at trying to figure out L$0.50!

Well that's easy. A currency with a denomination of 1/100ths is rounded up from .50 and up, and rounded down up to .49, if no change is available.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

d84b2b305833739c162bf2b18718afe7.gif

I don't think it's supposed to be green? Ugh, when the ritual calls for the sacrifice of a newbie and you accidentally end up with an oldbie's alt. 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Ooh, embedded Flickr videos now work? Neat.

Is it working correctly? I just saw the occasional flash of you sitting. I heard the clock ticking though throughout the vid. 

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Is it working correctly? I just saw the occasional flash of you sitting. I heard the clock ticking though throughout the vid. 

Yep. It's meant to just show off the ambiance. The flashing light is from the lightning outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yep. It's meant to just show off the ambiance. The flashing light is from the lightning outside.

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Ooh, embedded Flickr videos now work? Neat.

Love this! Really atmospeheric.

• Like 3

Enjoying some hot blues last week

image.thumb.jpeg.fdaa7e09e3abc78c58cb283966fe0d62.jpeg

Enjoying some much cooler tunes earlier today at one of my favorite music places. They were having a James Bond Theme with music from the movies. I didn't remember how painfully slooooooow some of those theme songs were.  Now I have to go shopping for slower dances for my AO. Creative camera angles, cropping, and a fuzzy EEP used because not everyone is fully dressed at this venue.

image.thumb.jpeg.a63911fcab78d2b289447cd517caf366.jpeg

• Like 8

I've been all over the place in SL today, and despite wanting to stay logged in this is where I have found myself at

Snapshot_022.thumb.jpg.782c06f3ffdfba4da1cbec567ad3d6a6.jpg

It is time to turn in, get some sleep, and come back to the sweet sound of my swirling electric fans on my computer in the morning.  I'm counting noobs jumping in the volcano to help me drift off into sleep.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 4