How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

@Garnet Psaltery It is pretty easy, I usually just add photos at the bottom of the message box

Screenshot2024-03-21152700.thumb.jpg.e2ca2f14f1b71744a1dd576ff4f291f7.jpg

Then I click on them when I want to add them into the post, I usually have to press enter a few times to space them out

Snapshot_011.thumb.png.ef420e1d038e43b434eb7ab175fd9f09.png

Hello there!  I was looking for AI mentors at a dance club referenced in a video here, alas there were none.  

Snapshot_024.thumb.png.c34b4c14c83ca9b9ab11dbb7bdd6fe98.png

Checking out the old linden homes yesterday, after seeing a post about hobbit homes

Snapshot_017.thumb.jpg.e53f745703393a534a733375bbc7a6d0.jpg

and later found this neat underground roadway on the mainlands :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Went to check out Canal City ysterday. @archangel969 did a great job!

Waiting impatiently for hot tea and stroopwafels.  These Dutch people sure are tall!

image.thumb.jpeg.a04cf18f0d47e3e215e7b622388cf11d.jpeg

Enjoying the view of the canals and windmill

image.thumb.jpeg.77ab8e4994d5e510a00ed1f26ffc9c9c.jpeg

@Bagnu joined me for some sightseeing

image.thumb.jpeg.e88b95a6dc3af4381de356509dc07e85.jpeg

Honoured with your vistit! Great pics and I hope you had a good time.

You just can't take everything from RL to SL if you make a kind of canal city, you have to choose. So I chose elements like the canals on two levels with wharf cellars, the canal houses with the specific facades ( by Uri Emerland of Steam & Mechanics) and a brewery, a market and a mill. They always say of Amsterdam that it is both a metropolis and a village because of its relatively small scale, but also its cosiness. That feeling: being in a city but at the same time the charm of a small village is what I wanted to portray.

And the desk in the mayor's room is by Dutchie, her animations are always great. I can totally recommend this one, you also have an adult version of course :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Waiting impatiently for hot tea and stroopwafels.  These Dutch people sure are tall!

Oh, they are indeed very big LOL. I don't know if that's something typically Dutch. Tea with a stroopwafel or other waffle on top. But that's how I always serve stroopwafels myself. 🙂

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Went to check out Canal City ysterday. @archangel969 did a great job!

image.thumb.jpeg.a04cf18f0d47e3e215e7b622388cf11d.jpeg

Enjoying the view of the canals and windmill

image.thumb.jpeg.77ab8e4994d5e510a00ed1f26ffc9c9c.jpeg

@Bagnu joined me for some sightseeing

image.thumb.jpeg.e88b95a6dc3af4381de356509dc07e85.jpeg

And also wanted to skip the eternal image of the Netherlands and especially Amsterdam of the red light district and drugs in coffee shops. Many tourists who ask me for directions look for the red light district or a coffee shop while Amsterdam has so much more to offer. I know where to find them, but I smoked weed once when I was 18, got deathly ill and never smoked again after that. And I only go to the red light district because there are great authentic Chinese restaurants there (Nam Kee you must try!) and a nice gay bar.  Anyway, I didn't bring all this to Canal city;-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Honoured with your vistit! Great pics and I hope you had a good time.

You just can't take everything from RL to SL if you make a kind of canal city, you have to choose. So I chose elements like the canals on two levels with wharf cellars, the canal houses with the specific facades ( by Uri Emerland of Steam & Mechanics) and a brewery, a market and a mill. They always say of Amsterdam that it is both a metropolis and a village because of its relatively small scale, but also its cosiness. That feeling: being in a city but at the same time the charm of a small village is what I wanted to portray.

And the desk in the mayor's room is by Dutchie, her animations are always great. I can totally recommend this one, you also have an adult version of course :-).

I can't speak for Cinny, but I know I had a good time!!! Well, I'm pretty sure she did too!!! You did a wonderful job!!! Thank you for creating it!!! I wanted to visit already, but I prefer going with someone, and the opportunity hasn't come around yet with Cat. Cinny's invitation was the perfect opportunity.

Cinny and I are already considering getting that Dutchie desk for a "National Blab" newsroom we want to setup. We both thought it had great animations!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Istelathis said:

@Garnet Psaltery It is pretty easy, I usually just add photos at the bottom of the message box

Screenshot2024-03-21152700.thumb.jpg.e2ca2f14f1b71744a1dd576ff4f291f7.jpg

Then I click on them when I want to add them into the post, I usually have to press enter a few times to space them out

Snapshot_011.thumb.png.ef420e1d038e43b434eb7ab175fd9f09.png

Hello there!  I was looking for AI mentors at a dance club referenced in a video here, alas there were none.  

Snapshot_024.thumb.png.c34b4c14c83ca9b9ab11dbb7bdd6fe98.png

Checking out the old linden homes yesterday, after seeing a post about hobbit homes

Snapshot_017.thumb.jpg.e53f745703393a534a733375bbc7a6d0.jpg

and later found this neat underground roadway on the mainlands :D

I asked Cinny this same question not long ago. It makes me laugh. I know how to take a pic (sometimes), but post it properly? Nope!!! Thanks for explaining this publicly!!! There might be others who didn't know either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2Tessa said:

Banned in Shiromani sandbox 🤔

Because of scripting or because i don't reply to unknown guys? 😂

ban_001.png.813ec21ba2cfe8922f143b459eb5e409.png

How do you get banned from a sandbox? Are there ones that are group access only?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Istelathis said:

It is pretty easy, I usually just add photos at the bottom of the message box

I dislike the limitations of that method, myself. Can't be bothered to resize my images just to be within the upload limit of a post/my profile. Also it feels a bit clunky, I find!

I'll usually just toss images up at something like ImgBB, or take a Gyazo snap, unless it's something I've uploaded to my Flickr. Then just embed the link. Poof!

<Text>
   <Image URL>
   <More text>

I've yet to bonk into any kind of ceiling for putting too many/large images into a post with that method!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I dislike the limitations of that method, myself. Can't be bothered to resize my images just to be within the upload limit of a post/my profile. Also it feels a bit clunky, I find!

I'll usually just toss images up at something like ImgBB, or take a Gyazo snap, unless it's something I've uploaded to my Flickr. Then just embed the link. Poof!

<Text>
   <Image URL>
   <More text>

I've yet to bonk into any kind of ceiling for putting too many/large images into a post with that method!

I used to do that. I stopped, because if something happens to an account in one of those services, then all the pics posted from it are gone. Poof! SL is a type of sociological record in my opinion, and everyone's images and posts are important to maintain.

Posted (edited)

I spent a part of my SL day with Cat's alt, and then a bit with our mutual friend Matron Cindy, and her sub Dandy.  I always call her Matron. The rest, and definitely longest, I spent in RL making space in my computer room for a a new PC tower build. Nowhere near done on that one!!!

Sandor and Shado in Femboi Theate Sandorr.png

Sandor, Dandy Lion, Matron Cindy sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5

On 3/11/2024 at 12:17 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Everything is perfectly fine today.

image.thumb.png.05d85df11051fff2919f6272158163d2.png

EDIT: And humor aside this resolved itself after a teleport out and back in.

There is an easier way. Switch in and out of Wire Frame mode. Use: Ctrl-Shift-R.

On 3/18/2024 at 4:20 PM, Orwar said:

Woah, those cheese prices are no child's play - per gram?!

4d2cac6e438e3608e31457d6cc9935f2.jpg

Do you have any idea how much cheese it takes to make a gram in a virtual world?

20 hours ago, Bagnu said:

How do you get banned from a sandbox? Are there ones that are group access only?

There are 'members only' and 'Premium Users' only sandboxes... as well as adults only... plus various restrictions at privately owned sandboxes.

image.thumb.jpeg.f73370abd002ab8fecbd719d154b9e04.jpeg

At the Kinky Event... I like the Poser tool in Black Dragon. I can make these impromptu poses easily... Well, I do have to relog as I am usually using Firestorm. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1