How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

45 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Oh, @archangel969, we went to see that Jinn Pow Kinn store, I might get that hat with goggles, it would go with anything or maybe even try a steampunk outfit. Thanks!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/79019

Studio 002

Oh, great you've been there, I thought it was like a steampunk art deco adventure book, those buildings are also aSO amazing, I was nearly going to turn my park into a steampunk-park because of it, but nevertheless I sticked to my initial plan :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Oh, great you've been there, I thought it was like a steampunk art deco adventure book, those buildings are also aSO amazing, I was nearly going to turn my park into a steampunk-park because of it, but nevertheless I sticked to my initial plan :-).

They don't have such a neat landing point, and I hate it when I come to a sim where I land somewehere under the ground and you have to find a seat or something to get anywhere where at least you can move around nicely. It is the finishing touch that is not unimportant. But okay, the city is great!

This is a better one: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/hakone/161/223/1212

Snapshot_20812085340_001.png

Snapshot_20812085340_002.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, archangel969 said:

I was especially reminded when Siri and Bill shared pictures as batman and catwoman, then I immediately thought of this.

Your entire sim has such a beautiful relaxing ambience that it would be absurd to suspect the Riddler or Joker might lurk there. Visitors almost always dress fashionably. Nonetheless, Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle patrolled to catch anyone wearing an inappropriate outfit.

Erasmus Park 009

• Like 5

6 hours ago, cirleen said:

Your entire sim has such a beautiful relaxing ambience that it would be absurd to suspect the Riddler or Joker might lurk there. Visitors almost always dress fashionably. Nonetheless, Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle patrolled to catch anyone wearing an inappropriate outfit.

Erasmus Park 009

Haha, thanks for the surveillance Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle!

People who have known me for a long time must be laughing that I am now making family-friendly parks, what? Such a dirty minded person like you?  But it's true, though in Waterland I did have a set of handcuffs/wall rings ready in the sheds and also in Dutch estate (cellar of villa Utrecht and severall bedrooms) I have indoor adult and SM furniture. But so far the park is family friendly you could say, although there is no playground for children. I did buy those by the way, but they didn't fit anywhere anymore. I bought all sorts of things for the park: even a circus tent and a carousel! I didn't use those either in the end, but well, I'm sure they'll come in handy some day. Like many, my inventory is bulging :-).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Haha, thanks for the surveillance Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle!

People who have known me for a long time must be laughing that I am now making family-friendly parks, what? Such a dirty minded person like you?  But it's true, though in Waterland I did have a set of handcuffs/wall rings ready in the sheds and also in Dutch estate (cellar of villa Utrecht and severall bedrooms) I have indoor adult and SM furniture. But so far the park is family friendly you could say, although there is no playground for children. I did buy those by the way, but they didn't fit anywhere anymore. I bought all sorts of things for the park: even a circus tent and a carousel! I didn't use those either in the end, but well, I'm sure they'll come in handy some day. Like many, my inventory is bulging :-).

Yes, my wife and I searched for your wall rings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Two men leaning by the statue of Bacchus.

Snapshot_20812085335_002_01.png

Those cloudscapes in black and white always remind me of the 1937 portrait of film director Luchino Visconti (Death in Venice, Ludwig, The damned) by Horst P. Horst. A reproduction of it still hangs in my study (a friend thought I looked like Visconti and I love his films).

luchino visconti - Horst P. Horst 1937.png

• Like 3

I put in some bumpers, and a gas pump at our house dock. Even sailboats need fuel, since they all have backup engines. And I can imagine docking by sail would not be a good experience. It's hard enough with a runabout sometimes (RL I mean). Cat's not in the pic, because she wasn't feeling well this morning, and had to go. She logged in just to let me know. She's always very considerate to let me know if she can't be online for some reason. I do the same with her.

Cat's boat.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

Dancing at Bellisseria Fairgrounds
One of the few public places with a danceball

Dancing at Belliseria Fairgrounds.jpg

You just reminded me to get a danceball for our Island.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cat mentioned this morning, she would like a sailboat with a tender So I went looking for one after she logged. I'm not sure she'll approve though. She doesn't like me spending too much. She never asks for anything, so I'm hoping I can convince her.

Catamaran Sandor Dusk.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ian Mercury said:

Dancing at Bellisseria Fairgrounds
One of the few public places with a danceball

Dancing at Belliseria Fairgrounds.jpg

And that just brought up an interesting question. Cat and I haven't been fully clear with ourselves as to what we want. A public place, or our private space? We like people visiting, but we don't like uninvited guests suddenly "dropping" into our house. Everywhere else on the Island is fine, and we love visitors. But somehow our home is our personal space. It's amazing how even a virtual home can become , well, "home".

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

And that just brought up an interesting question. Cat and I haven't been fully clear with ourselves as to what we want. A public place, or our private space? We like people visiting, but we don't like uninvited guests suddenly "dropping" into our house. Everywhere else on the Island is fine, and we love visitors. But somehow our home is our personal space. It's amazing how even a virtual home can become , well, "home".

You could select the part of your land where your house is, set it to a group and make it group access only

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian Mercury said:

You could select the part of your land where your house is, set it to a group and make it group access only

I know. Our house also came with a security system. The issue isn't technical.  It's figuring out what we actually want.

• Like 1

Cat and I DID go and see that sailboat together. I didn't have a chance to take pics, because i was in a rush RL. Here we're discussing whether what she has (this boat) is good enough or not. Cat felt it was, so she said "no" to buying a new one, even though she liked the one we looked at. That means I can't even buy it for myself, because we agreed on making decisions like this jointly. 

Cat and Sandor at sailboat.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Han Held said:

I posted this in the "your avatar" thread but it probably fits better here -this is how my SL looks; hanging out with friends, dancing, listening to music:

Dancin to the Supremes at EoT

This is why I made this thread. So people can show what their SL is all about. Sure , a lot of us want to see what someone's AV looks like,. I do. But it's nice to see more BEHIND what a person's AV looks like  What someone's doing, who they're with, what they're building. I look at Archangel's posts, and I just LOVE the passion he shows for what he creates. And what I see between Cirleen and Bill. Victoria's love of boats. Eddies interest in creating...the list goes on. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

This is why I made this thread. So people can show what their SL is all about. Sure , a lot of us want to see what someone's AV looks like,. I do. But it's nice to see more BEHIND what a person's AV looks like  What someone's doing, who they're with, what they're building. I look at Archangel's posts, and I just LOVE the passion he shows for what he creates. And what I see between Cirleen and Bill. Victoria's love of boats. Eddies interest in creating...the list goes on. 

You're sweet. Thank you.

• Like 1