How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

16 hours ago, Bagnu said:

This is why I made this thread. So people can show what their SL is all about. Sure , a lot of us want to see what someone's AV looks like,. I do. But it's nice to see more BEHIND what a person's AV looks like  What someone's doing, who they're with, what they're building. I look at Archangel's posts, and I just LOVE the passion he shows for what he creates. And what I see between Cirleen and Bill. Victoria's love of boats. Eddies interest in creating...the list goes on. 

What a lovely thing to say! Appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Oh this one is cute, a fallen asleep adorable jockey on the carriage's luggage rack. I also like the colours done in this picture!

What a wonderful idea! I should have eyes closed. I should ask you first when I get an idea. I'm planning to wear a spacesuit and float beside the astronauts in the observatory. I wonder what I should be doing floating there, if anyone has any ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And I looked like this too today. After an interesting and thoughtful bdsm discussion with my wife earlier today.  This was after she had logged off.SwallowSlavefacecloseup2.thumb.png.5d965b5df5fff2ff812f3a9e1bc61828.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 4

"P****? What p****? Charlotte, I am trying to read!"

"As he then rested against a pair of iron gates, that opened from the passage, Emily saw, by uncertain flashes of light, the vaults beyond, and, near her, heaps of earth, that seemed to surround an open grave. Such an object, in such a scene, would, at any time, have disturbed her; but now she was shocked by an instantaneous presentiment, that this was the grave of her unfortunate aunt, and that the treacherous Barnardine was leading herself to destruction. The obscure and terrible place, to which he had conducted her, seemed to justify the thought; it was a place suited for murder, a receptacle for the dead, where a deed of horror might be committed, and no vestige appear to proclaim it." (Ann Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1794)

/me fans herself hurriedly

Reading-a-Wicked-Novel-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.be8278075feb7ae0b6457fa003d5f3d9.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Michael Blackwood said:

My SL is looking rather lonely today, after my partner Jammy left for the week again! 😞
Last time we spent time, this morning, we took this photo before she had to leave for RL again. God, I miss her so bad!

JamilaMichael0116-9.thumb.jpg.fd7ecc46dff35c7ec64a3bebdacb11da.jpg

I can empathise. That's how I feel when Cat goes away. Great pic!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"P****? What p****? Charlotte, I am trying to read!"

"As he then rested against a pair of iron gates, that opened from the passage, Emily saw, by uncertain flashes of light, the vaults beyond, and, near her, heaps of earth, that seemed to surround an open grave. Such an object, in such a scene, would, at any time, have disturbed her; but now she was shocked by an instantaneous presentiment, that this was the grave of her unfortunate aunt, and that the treacherous Barnardine was leading herself to destruction. The obscure and terrible place, to which he had conducted her, seemed to justify the thought; it was a place suited for murder, a receptacle for the dead, where a deed of horror might be committed, and no vestige appear to proclaim it." (Ann Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1794)

/me fans herself hurriedly

Reading-a-Wicked-Novel-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.be8278075feb7ae0b6457fa003d5f3d9.png

Really dig this picture, so beautiful! I am an eager reader, also of old literature, but I didn't read Ann Radcliffe's The Mysteries of Udolpho. But I will soon!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Framed photos of playwrights and actors hang in the lobby of Delamar theatre, Erasmus park. Without wanting to be super woke - such a portrait gallery is not complete without enough female playwrights. And there are! And to my regret, I did not know them all: Lorraine Vivian Hansberry, Susan Keating Glaspell, lady Daphne du Maurier, a wealth of talent! Hanging alongside Shakespeare, Brecht and Oscar Wilde.

Snapshot_20812085340_003.png

Snapshot_20812085340_005.png

Snapshot_20812085340_007.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Really dig this picture, so beautiful! I am an eager reader, also of old literature, but I didn't read Ann Radcliffe's The Mysteries of Udolpho. But I will soon!

Thank you!

Back in my student days, I'd reward myself for finishing a major project by reading one of Radcliffe's novels. She was by far the most successful and popular gothic novelist of her time, and an important influence on, among others, Jane Austen, who references her constantly in her novel Northanger Abbey.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Framed photos of playwrights and actors hang in the lobby of Delamar theatre, Erasmus park. Without wanting to be super woke - such a portrait gallery is not complete without enough female playwrights. And there are! And to my regret, I did not know them all: Lorraine Vivian Hansberry, Susan Keating Glaspell, lady Daphne du Maurier, a wealth of talent! Hanging alongside Shakespeare, Brecht and Oscar Wilde.

Snapshot_20812085340_003.png

Snapshot_20812085340_005.png

Snapshot_20812085340_007.png

May I recommend the inclusion of Aphra Behn (1640-1689), who wrote a large number of very successful plays in the mode of the "Comedy of Manners"? Behn is also credited as being the first professional woman writer in English -- the first, that is, to make her living from her pen; Virginia Woolf asserted that "All women together ought to let flowers fall upon the tomb of Aphra Behn, which is, most scandalously but rather appropriately, in Westminster Abbey, for it was she who earned them the right to speak their minds."

Her best known and most performed play is The Rover, which is exceptionally good, but my favourite of her plays is The Lucky Chance.

800px-Peter_Lely_-_Aphra_Behn_-_Google_A

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

May I recommend the inclusion of Aphra Behn (1640-1689), who wrote a large number of very successful plays in the mode of the "Comedy of Manners"? Behn is also credited as being the first professional woman writer in English -- the first, that is, to make her living from her pen; Virginia Woolf asserted that "All women together ought to let flowers fall upon the tomb of Aphra Behn, which is, most scandalously but rather appropriately, in Westminster Abbey, for it was she who earned them the right to speak their minds."

Her best known and most performed play is The Rover, which is exceptionally good, but my favourite of her plays is The Lucky Chance.

800px-Peter_Lely_-_Aphra_Behn_-_Google_A

That is what I would call a great discovery, thank you!

Snapshot_20812085341_006.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

On 6/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, cirleen said:

I think our avatar sometimes shows those things about us we don't want to accept. Like if your avatar is a rich girl, just admit it, you have a full rich life. If your avatar is a lion, well, just admit it, you're a lion.

Okay, I admit it, I'm a rich, spoiled, privileged, well-dressed, pampered, and nice-smelling girl.

...who is OP asf.

...and is currently astonished, because...

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.3a6ec1f9dfcf75dfeb468c1aa8a69eab.png

Dunwich is BACK.

<-<

>->

\o/

• Like 9

16 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

Hold up. What is going on in the last panel?

3b8acae3e8f446e3dc1b3acba5896ce7.png

That's simple,  Victoria's distracting the enemy with her beauty, so they don't notice the machine gun. THEN.....

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1