So aliens are real.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

The report states they haven’t looked at FAA or USAF reporting but they will be. They probably haven’t looked at NASA data either. The report also says they can’t relay on non-military observers, skywatchers, because they’re unreliable. In terms of equipment error they can’t have 144 cases of errors. That’s why they mentioned multiple sensors. A pilot might say they saw something and their radar and weapon camera would show the same thing.

The ufo tech not advancing is an even better indicator that it’s not human technology. No human military, scientific, industrial organization would behave that way.

As for detection, the reason why they started gathering from 2004 is because jet cameras couldn’t move fast enough to track the UAPs. The pilot would report it but the camera did not verify. I’d say with better detection technology we see more reliable data. UFOs have moved from blind faith to solid factual evidence. 

If the writers of the report state they have no evidence of alien intelligence, why do you see solid factual evidence in the report? Is the military unreliable?

Whether the unresolved sightings are the result of extraterrestrial creatures, terrestrial adversaries, projections from other dimensions,  unidentified errors, vulnerabilities or shortcomings in equipment, processes or personnel, we might never know. I'm all for continued investigation. I'm not for continued conclusion jumping.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quistessa said:

One thing (the only thing?) we can claim for certain is that unless our understanding of Einsteinian relativity is wrong, we are at the oldest (observable) spot in the universe. (The light images we can see took time to get here, ergo they are older than we are now.)

Life was so much simpler before Einstein. Every observer is at the oldest spot in their observable universe. Were you and I together, social distanced (6ft), I would be six nanoseconds older than the Quistessa I see and you would be six nanoseconds older than the Maddy you see. It gets even weirder if one of us goes on a road trip and returns.

https://www.space.com/33411-astronaut-scott-kelly-relativity-twin-brother-ages.html

IIRC, @Ceka Cianciposted a wonderful video recently, discussing the fixed size of the observable universe and the thinning that's underway as everything within it rushes for the exits.

• Like 2

Here's why I think space travel between planets is improbable.

Using the Dawson equation (look it up) there are 1000 to 100000000 civilizations in the Milky Way.  Variables account for the large discrepancy.  

Given the largest possibility, let's do some math.

The Milky way is about 1000000000000000000km across. Using the old fashioned A= pi R 2 to find the area of the galaxy.

785398163397448309615660845819875721 sqk

Take that number and divide it with the LARGEST POSSIBLE NUMBER you get a civilization every:

7,853,981,633,974,483,096,156,608,458.19875721sqk.

That's how big space is. The odds of 2 civilizations running into each other are too big for me even consider calculating.

These are big numbers.  Let's use a smaller example.

You tell your neighbor you're going to NYC for a vacation.  She says, "You know my cousin, Merle, lived there 20 years ago. I've lost touch with him.  If you run into him, tell him I said hi and to call me."

What are the odds you're going to run into Merle?  

• Thanks 1

This does not take into account the difficulty of traveling in space.   Assuming  the men from Star XYZ-2  are 1000 light years from us, to travel here at the speed of light would take 1000 years. This doesn't account for speed up and slow down. That means to go BACK to XYZ-2  is going to take ANOTHER 1000 years. So in 2000 years there may not even BE an XYZ-2.   But assuming there is and they decide to make another visit to see us, there's another 1000 year trip.

BUT.  This math is all wrong.  Einstein says that the faster you go, slower time is for the traveler. So.    Those initial 1000 years for them is really, say, 5000 years in real time.

I think you see the difficulty.

Ok, you say,  they go faster than c (light speed, by the way that's 299792458m per SECOND.)   Einstein (the smart guy) says you can't go faster than c. If you do you become light and are annihilated.   

Other than theories and SciFi there's no viable method of going faster than light.

33 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

You tell your neighbor you're going to NYC for a vacation.  She says, "You know my cousin, Merle, lived there 20 years ago. I've lost touch with him.  If you run into him, tell him I said hi and to call me."

What are the odds you're going to run into Merle?  

Once, when leaving 6 Flags over Texas around sundown, as we (myself, husband & offspring) were walking out near the carousel, we literally bump into our upstairs neighbor (a guy & his girlfriend) who were just getting there- I guess to watch fireworks.    

Some 220 miles from home.  It happens.  

E7FE1C53-6CFC-4A60-B6BB-BCEB0F22BF53.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Actual alien caught reading the whole 18 pages of the “are we too nice” thread

925FA95B-66F4-40D7-9E3C-6A918A208D7B.jpeg

Naw man. That's just Paul. I'd stay drunk all the time, too, if I were stuck on this planet.

Oh wait.

Hey Paul! Move over! If I gotta go I might as well go happy.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Once, when leaving 6 Flags over Texas around sundown, as we (myself, husband & offspring) were walking out near the carousel, we literally bump into our upstairs neighbor (a guy & his girlfriend) who were just getting there- I guess to watch fireworks.    

Some 220 miles from home.  It happens.  

E7FE1C53-6CFC-4A60-B6BB-BCEB0F22BF53.jpeg

When I moved to a certain city in another state, I ran into a couple of people I had known in high school. I hadn't seen or heard from them since high school, about 400 miles away. It was weird but the greeting I got made it unforgettable. I have never had a guy snatch me up and spin me round in a bear hug like that before. I won't ever be able to forget Robert after that.

• Like 2

Meeting someone YOU know is entirely different from meeting someone that your neighbor knows in NYC.

I used to live in DC area and I would go to visit my parents on holidays.  I would run into someone and mention I where I lived and they would ask me if I had seen some random person.  The DC area is somewhat big. Again,  I'll say,  meeting some random stranger in NYC is not likely. 

Apples and oranges.    

Edited by Doris Johnsky

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

When I moved to a certain city in another state, I ran into a couple of people I had known in high school. I hadn't seen or heard from them since high school, about 400 miles away. It was weird but the greeting I got made it unforgettable. I have never had a guy snatch me up and spin me round in a bear hug like that before. I won't ever be able to forget Robert after that.

Yeah, if you live long enough, you accumulate a few spooky, improbable events like that to talk about. I once bumped into an old friend in a Washington DC Metro station, when we both happened to be visiting from out of town. What are the odds?  

23 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, if you live long enough, you accumulate a few spooky, improbable events like that to talk about. I once bumped into an old friend in a Washington DC Metro station, when we both happened to be visiting from out of town. What are the odds?  

Um. I was in my late 20s when it happened so less then 10 years after HS graduation.

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Um. I was in my late 20s when it happened so less then 10 years after HS graduation.

Yeah, and I hadn't seen my old friend for maybe 25 years.  You and I both had low-probability experiences, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible.  Just spooky.  I'll tell you another one ... A car honked at me as I was backing out of a parking space at a rest stop on the NY State Thruway, 800 miles from home.  It turned out to be a friend from another part of the country who was traveling to New England. She just happened to spot my license plate and think "Who do I know from there?"  She was as surprised as I was when we recognized each other.  That'll never happen again in another 50 years, but it happened then.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, and I hadn't seen my old friend for maybe 25 years.  You and I both had low-probability experiences, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible.  Just spooky.  I'll tell you another one ... A car honked at me as I was backing out of a parking space at a rest stop on the NY State Thruway, 800 miles from home.  It turned out to be a friend from another part of the country who was traveling to New England. She just happened to spot my license plate and think "Who do I know from there?"  She was as surprised as I was when we recognized each other.  That'll never happen again in another 50 years, but it happened then.

I have met several people I have known in places other than where I knew them. It really isn't all that uncommon of an event. I've even met one person in SL who was from my home town. We knew of each other through mutual friends but we had never met. Until SL. Another person I know from SL now lives in my home town. 

It's still a small world, regardless of mathematical probabilities. It isn't psychohistory, you know. Or is it? 😉

Again these are people YOU know. 

I stand by my argument. The odds are far against 2 civilizations from planets light years away meeting.   Just as the odds are you'll meet someone you don't know, never met, and only know by first name in NYC. 

On 5/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, Bree Giffen said:

The US Air Force and US government is coming clean and fully admitting that there are flying objects in the sky with technology that is advanced by thousands of years. These aren’t uncommon encounters. They are very very common every single day type of encounters. 

Aliens are real. What do you feel about this? Are some of us aliens right now? *looks at Gopi* 👽

Well I'm pretty sure aliens are real, if we are alone in the universe it's a really huge waste of space, but I don't see the Pentagon admitting this at all, and in fact they have come out with yet another whopping nothingburger in their report. They have been jerking us around on this for over 70 years, and why would they stop now? I've seen UFO's myself more than once, and they were quite obviously not ours. That said, I am not at all worried about the aliens, they are not making any trouble. I worry about the politicians who obviously are making trouble.

It was said very long ago by a military insider "If they had conquest in mind it would not be difficult for them." Well we have seen nothing of the kind from them. We just see them flying around. I think we should just leave them alone and see to our more immediate problems among ourselves until they are disposed to make contact.

50 minutes ago, MartinaVaslovik said:

they have come out with yet another whopping nothingburger in their report

The report isn't a nothingburger. It admits UFO's (or UAP) are real. That they are recorded, often by multiple overlapping sources. That they can tell the difference between UAP's and natural phenomenon, and that equipment explicitly designed to capture high resolution imagery should be installed along side the existing weapon system that are picking them up.

The possibility of disruptive secret human technology can't be ruled out, especially unmanned. Messing about with such tech over or near military installations / deployments is exactly the kind of dickish thing humans would do, it presents a predictable known adversary and doesn't risk screwups (from either side) making a civilian mess. 

It's never aliens, till it's confirmed beyond all doubt as aliens (and that's not something anyone should want to rush, them or us)

Squishing us would be remarkably easy, just nudge a comet slightly and walk away. We wouldn't even know.

14 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The report isn't a nothingburger. It admits UFO's (or UAP) are real. That they are recorded, often by multiple overlapping sources. That they can tell the difference between UAP's and natural phenomenon, and that equipment explicitly designed to capture high resolution imagery should be installed along side the existing weapon system that are picking them up.

The possibility of disruptive secret human technology can't be ruled out, especially unmanned. Messing about with such tech over or near military installations / deployments is exactly the kind of dickish thing humans would do, it presents a predictable known adversary and doesn't risk screwups (from either side) making a civilian mess. 

It's never aliens, till it's confirmed beyond all doubt as aliens (and that's not something anyone should want to rush, them or us)

Squishing us would be remarkably easy, just nudge a comet slightly and walk away. We wouldn't even know.

Meh. It's a nothingburger. They have not said anything we did not already know. Moving right along....

1 hour ago, MartinaVaslovik said:

Well I'm pretty sure aliens are real, if we are alone in the universe it's a really huge waste of space, but I don't see the Pentagon admitting this at all, and in fact they have come out with yet another whopping nothingburger in their report. They have been jerking us around on this for over 70 years, and why would they stop now? I've seen UFO's myself more than once, and they were quite obviously not ours. That said, I am not at all worried about the aliens, they are not making any trouble. I worry about the politicians who obviously are making trouble.

It was said very long ago by a military insider "If they had conquest in mind it would not be difficult for them." Well we have seen nothing of the kind from them. We just see them flying around. I think we should just leave them alone and see to our more immediate problems among ourselves until they are disposed to make contact.

I don't think any reasonable person believes we are the only species in the Galaxy.  My assertion is simply that they haven't been coming here.

1 minute ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I don't think any reasonable person believes we are the only species in the Galaxy.  My assertion is simply that they haven't been coming here.

I believe they are coming here and have been for a very long time. You are entitled to your own opinion of course.

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yes, but obviously semantics is not the way to resolve this issue.

Without conclusive evidence there is no resolving the issue.  

And I don't see my assertion as semantics.  I posted scientific positions using math.    Those who believe in alien visitation can't.     

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The universe is pretty inhospitable to life, and even if life were to happen on another planet (which, I'm very much expecting it has), life doesn't necessarily have to evolve into 'us'. Humanity is an abnormality of the animal kingdom even here on earth. Chances are the first extra-terrestrial life forms we find will be bacteria or, if we're lucky, something akin to amebae.

Besides I don't know that the US would be my go-to people to make contact with, if I'd observed the planet for a little while, and there are a whole lot more governmental agencies around the world with secrets, than just the Pentagon .. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.