So aliens are real.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, Bree Giffen said:

The US Air Force and US government is coming clean and fully admitting that there are flying objects in the sky with technology that is advanced by thousands of years. These aren’t uncommon encounters. They are very very common every single day type of encounters. 

Aliens are real. What do you feel about this? Are some of us aliens right now? *looks at Gopi* 👽

That is an assertion. You have obviously bought into the idea. I'm a skeptic. There are too many things that make alien life visiting Earth highly improbable to the point of unreasonable. There are more reasonable explanations.

The assertion requires proof. The proof we have is proof of the UNKNOWN then a leap to "its space aliens". There is no doubt the collective "we", humans, see lots of stuff we cannot identify, unknown.

People make money from selling UFO stuff and pushing the UFO story. I find most of the people involved in the UFO industry lack the technical background to understand the science involved and/or the intellectual honesty o fairy examine the issue. The result is essentially a UFO religion of true believers similar to any other cult. Anyone is free to believe whatever they want. at least until the Marxist cancel culture takes over.

Tinfole2.jpg.f734bcb45403980162a9ddcdd33f7af1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You have obviously bought into the idea. I'm a skeptic.

In the 80's, I saw a famous UFOlogist give a presentation at NASA (JSC near my home) for anyone interested - but mostly for a smallish audience of mostly local NASA folks, local consultants, etc.  Anyway, he showed "new" enhanced pictures of "structures" on the moon, but also classics like faces on the rocks, . To me, it was like trying to see what a cloud looks like. Not "fake", just imagined still. So yeah, in the face of "evidence" I was a skeptic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In the 80's, I saw a famous UFOlogist give a presentation at NASA (JSC near my home) for anyone interested - but mostly for a smallish audience of mostly local NASA folks, local consultants, etc.  Anyway, he showed "new" enhanced pictures of "structures" on the moon, but also classics like faces on the rocks, . To me, it was like trying to see what a cloud looks like. Not "fake", just imagined still. So yeah, in the face of "evidence" I was a skeptic. 

Like the face on Mars.

threefaces.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Happens all the time, we're lucky they are generally very small and very few make it all the way to the ground.

I just thought it looked so wild lighting up the clouds like it did, then the whole sky..

It looked like it crashed into the cloud.. hehehe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is pretty wild..

Very cool, Ceka. I nearly saw something like that years ago on a crystal clear evening around Thanksgiving. I'd just got out of my car and there was a very bright flash, like a nearby lightning strike. I saw only my shadow, moving slightly on the driveway and heard a very strange sound from the power lines nearby. By the time I gathered my wits and looked into the sky, it was gone. I ran inside to check the internet for any other sightings, and an explanation for the noise. The meteor that cast the light on me in Wisconsin had actually passed over Michigan, over 100 miles away. The sound in the wires was likely caused by radio waves emitted as the meteor ionized air on entry.

A few years later, I watched the breakup of a meteorite while attending the county fair. Quite a few people saw it, judging from the ooohs and ahhhs that rose from the crowd.

During meteor showers, my favorites are those that come right at me. They're harder to spot because they don't catch your attention by moving across the sky. In binoculars you can sometimes spot fragments breaking off in all directions, as if someone threw a sparkler at you in slow motion. I like to imagine the cosmos is out to get me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Added a link potentially explaining the noise.
  • Like 2

We really need to be a multi planetary species. Even if it's risky, expensive and we have to depend on chuds like Elon to get it going, in a couple of generations no one will care, society will have moved on, but we wont be one random rock away from extinction. 

21 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Very cool, Ceka. I nearly saw something like that years ago on a crystal clear evening around Thanksgiving. I'd just got out of my car and there was a very bright flash, like a nearby lightning strike. I saw only my shadow, moving slightly on the driveway and heard a very strange sound from the power lines nearby. By the time I gathered my wits and looked into the sky, it was gone. I ran inside to check the internet for any other sightings, and an explanation for the noise. The meteor that cast the light on me in Wisconsin had actually passed over Michigan, over 100 miles away. The sound in the wires was likely caused by radio waves emitted as the meteor ionized air on entry.

A few years later, I watched the breakup of a meteorite while attending the county fair. Quite a few people saw it, judging from the ooohs and ahhhs that rose from the crowd.

During meteor showers, my favorites are those that come right at me. They're harder to spot because they don't catch your attention by moving across the sky. In binoculars you can sometimes spot fragments breaking off in all directions, as if someone threw a sparkler at you in slow motion. I like to imagine the cosmos is out to get me.

Me and a friend had something happen to us when I was younger  that I haven't been able to explain since..

We had lived in the suburbs of chicago for about 6 months before we moved to Tennessee.

Me and my friend were standing on the front porch on a nice day with blue skies and not a cloud in sight..

Then all of a sudden there was this really huge bang and what looked like a lightning bolt that looked like it was flat like we could walk right up it, but looked like it was jagged on the sides.  The best way I can describe it is, it looked like it was right out of the cartoons..

I know it wasn't my imagination, because my friend and me reacted at the same time and both ran into the house screaming in fear to our parents..  There was no mark in the ground anywhere around us..

It looked like it would have hit us in the feet..

Never experienced or seen anything like it since..

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Me and a friend had something happen to us when I was younger  that I haven't been able to explain since..

We had lived in the suburbs of chicago for about 6 months before we moved to Tennessee.

Me and my friend were standing on the front porch on a nice day with blue skies and not a cloud in sight..

Then all of a sudden there was this really huge bang and what looked like a lightning bolt that looked like it was flat like we could walk right up it, but looked like it was jagged on the sides.  The best way I can describe it is, it looked like it was right out of the cartoons..

I know it wasn't my imagination, because my friend and me reacted at the same time and both ran into the house screaming in fear to our parents..  There was no mark in the ground anywhere around us..

It looked like it would have hit us in the feet..

Never experienced or seen anything like it since..

That's also very cool! I'm glad you're still with us!!!

That was probably a "bolt from the blue".

https://www.essearth.com/what-is-a-lightning-bolt-from-the-blue/

I've witnessed (heard more than seen) a few, always with a storm somewhere nearby, so they didn't seem extraordinary to me. I live in a rural area (like you do now), so there's not a lot of man made noise to mask the sound of distant thunder. When you live in a city, storms can sneak past unnoticed and deliver a real surprise.

A lightning bolt in a clear daytime sky might not show feelers and leaders because the sky is so bright. You also might not see much of the bolt if buildings and trees obscure your view. So, what you do see might look a little unusual, particularly since you weren't expecting it.

Do you recall if the bang was sharp and crisp and coincident with the flash, or booming, diffuse and delayed? As you know, the sharper and more immediate the thunder, the closer the lightning. If you don't report hearing anything, that's because it vaporized you ;-).

ETA: On road trips, I often see "bolts from the blue" way off in the distance. There will be one stray bolt shooting off the edge of a storm cell into a clear area. I imagine there's a bit of shock and awe on the ground near the strike. There might eventually be some shock and awe from whoever I rear end because I'm sky ogling rather than paying attention to the road.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's also very cool! I'm glad you're still with us!!!

That was probably a "bolt from the blue".

https://www.essearth.com/what-is-a-lightning-bolt-from-the-blue/

I've witnessed (heard more than seen) a few, always with a storm somewhere nearby, so they didn't seem extraordinary to me. I live in a rural area (like you do now), so there's not a lot of man made noise to mask the sound of distant thunder. When you live in a city, storms can sneak past unnoticed and deliver a real surprise.

A lightning bolt in a clear daytime sky might not show feelers and leaders because the sky is so bright. You also might not see much of the bolt if buildings and trees obscure your view. So, what you do see might look a little unusual, particularly since you weren't expecting it.

Do you recall if the bang was sharp and crisp and coincident with the flash, or booming, diffuse and delayed? As you know, the sharper and more immediate the thunder, the closer the lightning. If you don't report hearing anything, that's because it vaporized you ;-).

ETA: On road trips, I often see "bolts from the blue" way off in the distance. There will be one stray bolt shooting off the edge of a storm cell into a clear area. I imagine there's a bit of shock and awe on the ground near the strike. There might eventually be some shock and awe from whoever I rear end because I'm sky ogling rather than paying attention to the road.

It didn't look like that, it looked flat, and became more narrow towards us.. It was like on the angle of a ramp from the sky that was jagged edged on the outside almost like a saw blade edge on each side  that got wider on the way up..  The bang and flash were so close, but I wanna say the bang came slightly first..

We didn't see any marks in the grass or on the concrete we were standing on..

I've had lightning strike pretty close to me before when I was outside and the blast or the sound or whatever it was, took my feet off the ground and threw me backwards..

We didn't have that happen to us..

The only thing that I can think of is ,we were close to something that happened and maybe got some sort of reflection from something.. It looked like a jagged light beam ramp thing, is the best I can describe it.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only thing that I can think of is ,we were close to something that happened and maybe got some sort of reflection from something.. It looked like a jagged light beam ramp thing, is the best I can describe it.. hehehe

There are temperature driven atmospheric refraction effects that might create mirage images. On road trips, I enjoy seeing headlights and taillights in the sky above the road ahead.

Atmospheric refraction can cause auditory mirages as well. A few days ago, as I was working in my yard, I noticed that the usual freeway traffic noise, rather than coming from the west and running north-south (the true location and direction of I-43 near me) was coming from the north and running east-west (where there are no roads). I live on the shore of Lake Michigan and I'm accustomed to distortions in the ambient sound from thermoclines that form near the shore. This one was extraordinary. I called a couple neighbors to alert them. They were duly impressed.

We'll never know what you saw and heard. Enjoy it for the mystery it is.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, Bree Giffen said:

The US Air Force and US government is coming clean and fully admitting that there are flying objects in the sky with technology that is advanced by thousands of years. These aren’t uncommon encounters. They are very very common every single day type of encounters. 

Aliens are real. What do you feel about this? Are some of us aliens right now? *looks at Gopi* 👽

Well for the sake of accuracy they did not acknowledge aliens, nor did they disallow them. It was pretty much a report saying "Hey everyone there are these weird things flying around in our skies and we have no idea what they are, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program." So a nothingburger. If aliens rent the condo next to me I'll give it some attention, until then I'm not concerned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.