Next theme (after the chalets)?

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hint pic!  Title "So many things ..." text "to unpack!  Maybe I could do this faster if ..."

51253031738_35d43de802_5k.jpg

If he didn't stop to read a book or two from the boxes, like I do?  If he went to bed and got some sleep?  (Looks pretty late!)

Anyway, not much to go on here.  Judging by the arch, probably an open floor plan.  Two floors.  The wall behind him looks short, and the ceiling is .. tilted, as if this were an attic?  Cathedral ceiling, maybe?  Underneath the draped piece of furniture, on the floor, there is something that looks to me like a USB block.  Interesting, but probably part of the furniture.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Hint pic!  Title "So many things ..." text "to unpack!  Maybe I could do this faster if ..."

If he didn't stop to read a book or two from the boxes, like I do?  If he went to bed and got some sleep?  (Looks pretty late!)

Anyway, not much to go on here.  Judging by the arch, probably an open floor plan.  Two floors.  The wall behind him looks short, and the ceiling is .. tilted, as if this were an attic?  Cathedral ceiling, maybe?  Underneath the draped piece of furniture, on the floor, there is something that looks to me like a USB block.  Interesting, but probably part of the furniture.

Looks like the pedals to a piano...

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Hmm, meet the new theme, same as the olds?

LL appear to use safe styles. No Vikings or fantasy. Those who wanted tree houses or hobbit houses will have to buy land and set up themselves.

It looks like a pretty house. I do not see an attic, I think it is the stairs that turn. I am hoping for large windows. Larger than the Chalets, much larger. The outside could be something else than wood panel. I hope it is something else.

• Like 5

Yes, the tilt is undoubtedly due to the stairs turning, and yes, those do look like piano pedals, you're right.

Unusual for the Moles to expose the space under the stairs, usually they block it off, which I suppose creates a little dead space inside the house.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You can just see the frame of a window on the left. It looks curved. Arch shaped windows?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

Looks fairly dark... no windows shown... underground perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

You can just see the frame of a window on the left. It looks curved. Arch shaped windows?

I don't think that's a window frame.  It's in front of the boxes in the back.  No windows in this pic.  It could be partially under ground like a daylight basement or built into a hillside to have no windows.  That book looks magical and sparkly.

I like the color choices on the walls, the rustic flooring, and the arch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I don't think that's a window frame.  It's in front of the boxes in the back.  No windows in this pic.  It could be partially under ground like a daylight basement or built into a hillside to have no windows.  That book looks magical and sparkly.

I like the color choices on the walls, the rustic flooring, and the arch.

I thought it looked like it was behind the boxes but could just be my eyes. I do agree the book looks magical, a spell book. I also like the colours and the arch. I am thinking some sort of witchy wizardy cottage.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NellyNoxx said:

...if i could do magic

Yessssss, one-post Nelly, it IS a magic book!  And I agree with Elyeah, that white detail on the far left looks to me like it's behind the boxes, and does have a little curve to the top.  Not sure if it's a window or door.

And permit me to correct myself, the chalets expose the area under their stairs.

Imagine being a mole if "Magic" were selected as a theme!  Whoohooo!  Party time for both scripters and meshers, which might explain the comment shared a few months ago, that this theme is the favorite of some of the moles.

And, of course, a wonderful opportunity for shoppers!  I really hope it is a magical theme of some sort.  I haven't had enough reasons to stop by Hextraordinary and Ceridwen's Cauldron for quite some time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I vote also for the bungalows - maybe even styled after the Sears Craftsmen homes. Sears and other companies also did two story homes for the rural farmhouse. Stained glass windows with arches? That would be a cool touch especially if we could change the glass colors. Bungalows would be the closest to having a city look without building brownstones wall-to-wall. Need a trolley line running down the main streets:)

Here is a Pinterest collection I found that includes original ad and floor plans for that era. 

1920s Craftsmen Exterior Collection

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

I vote also for the bungalows - maybe even styled after the Sears Craftsmen homes. Sears and other companies also did two story homes for the rural farmhouse. Stained glass windows with arches? That would be a cool touch especially if we could change the glass colors. Bungalows would be the closest to having a city look without building brownstones wall-to-wall. Need a trolley line running down the main streets:)

Here is a Pinterest collection I found that includes original ad and floor plans for that era. 

1920s Craftsmen Exterior Collection

These would also have a “basement” but probably not possible in SL 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elyeah said:

hmmm casting spells, maybe a wizardy type cottage...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.e11e0cfa954001efe8d3c87414a56731.jpg

Is that from The Sims? Cute!

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmm, meet the new theme, same as the olds?

LL appear to use safe styles. No Vikings or fantasy. Those who wanted tree houses or hobbit houses will have to buy land and set up themselves.

:( Say it ain't so Marianne!

But yall are probably right. If it is a witchy cottage style that would be pretty ironic, as a hotly anticipated expansion pack for The Sims 4 called Cottage Living is coming out on July 22nd haha

witchy-cottages-so-hot-right-now.jpg.27c794aeabcd19ad947c19588bbe0be5.jpg

Wish I'd bought more decor at Fantasy Faire

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I mean, it does look like a 'normal' house, but considering the theme of this years SLB the theme of which is supposed to be relevant ('Hidden Worlds, and the theme does have a  fantasy feel at the SLB event), plus the fact that he has a book that looks magical, I still think the theme is a fantasy one of some kind or other:) So I imagine the outside style of the house plus the landscaping will really convey whatever theme it is (much like all the other 'houses' to date, which do have similar interiors).

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I mean, it does look like a 'normal' house, but considering the theme of this years SLB the theme of which is supposed to be relevant ('Hidden Worlds, and the theme does have a  fantasy feel at the SLB event)

Excellent point!

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 8:17 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

It appears to me that possibly the next Linden Home theme preview is either located in SLB Enchant or in SLB Spectacular. The SL18B exhibitor builds are located far west I think separated from the main SL18B regions. Once the builds are completed then these exhibitor regions will merge with the main SL18B regions again. The SLB Water regions are display regions so that the landscape don't full into the void. 

1835418319_SL18B1a.thumb.PNG.1e5e8f2bc2e433cee13ed37724403d50.PNG

1974162878_SL18B1B.thumb.PNG.957ed9f62651a223bfb8682705b809ef.PNG

It is open now and I visited SLB Enchant and SLB Spectacular ... only landscape no homes!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.