Jump to content

what's the matter????


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think this is key. It's not about the individuals, it's about the institutions.

And not caring about those, and what they mean, is what enables corruption in the first place.

Those who work in FBI do care.  How much power they can actually wield is another thing.  One of those men convicted in Abscam which was late 70's, one was convicted and was caught doing it again in 2020 and is now indicted for election fraud.  They do it because they believe they are immune.  My oldest sister always talked to me honestly about government and how they believe they are immune.  I never put two and two together about that until someone brought up qualified immunity here on SL forums in regards to the police.  My oldest sister is the most brilliant person I have ever met and so caring; she is not the religious conservative one I speak of.  I have three sisters.  My sister knows a lot about corruption in the American government.  I wish she were here to speak.  She should have been a writer.  One thing I admired most about my sister and her vast knowledge is she used to not let her emotions get caught up in it.  That's something I wish to not let happen to me.  That's why I avoided Trump and his tweets.  He's an attention bleep and it's ridiculous.  He is very much like Howard Stern, whom I never wanted to listen to either.  American's would like more transparency, I'm sure.  If that is ever possible.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Myers_(politician)

The FBI recorded each of the money exchanges and, for the first time in American history, surreptitiously videotaped government officials accepting bribes.[8] The meeting places included a house in the Foxhall neighborhood of Washington, D.C., which was owned by Lee Lescaze,[14] a yacht in Florida, and hotel rooms in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.[citation needed]

Each convicted politician was given a separate trial. During these trials, much controversy arose regarding the ethics of Operation Abscam. Many lawyers defending their guilty clients accused the FBI of entrapment. Every judge overruled this claim and each politician was convicted.[15]

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I felt she was passive-aggressively insulting others so I responded.

I feel insulted by your accusation of passive-aggressiveness via not mentioning you as a contributor in the BLM thread. Just because I didn't include you in mentioning those who contributed to the BLM thread doesn't mean I did so deliberately or with the ill-will that passive-aggressiveness implies. Passive-aggressive behavior is when you express negative feelings indirectly instead of openly talking about them. But I had no negative feelings against you. If you don't get your way with someone do you usually assume they are being negative or hostile and deliberately directing that hostility toward you?

Did it occur to you that I simply forgot about any contributions to the thread you made, or that I might have thought you didn't contribute as much as the primary contributors in the thread and only feel it necessary to mention the key players?  None of these reasons would mean I was deliberately excluding you, or that I was directing aggression (passive or not), or anything of a negative nature, against you.

Edited by Luna Bliss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6MDPjPFyt5E_gXpaPfoD

It's funny how some people twist things to suit their own narrative. 

somehow I knew it was going to be something like that so I just had to peek

I tried to watch as little news as possible today.  The last few days have been one thing after another, this way and that way.  Makes your head spin.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just gonna wait until it's officially official.. The media got everyone all pumped up jumping the gun that last election.. I'm just gonna sit in limbo on it until then not taking in any of the hype..

The 2000 election recount went on for just under like 40 days.. We could be in for a good wait before it's all  final, said and done..

Right? Hopefully the media's wrong, and Trump remains president, so the country doesn't turn into a fascist, communist state where they make us give up all our freedoms and wear masks everywhere!

bdf15f464b657bdcb1f590b4422266af.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Right? Hopefully the media's wrong, and Trump remains president, so the country doesn't turn into a fascist, communist state where they make us give up all our freedoms and wear masks everywhere!

bdf15f464b657bdcb1f590b4422266af.png

And we don't have to surrender our guns.😆

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel insulted by your accusation of passive-aggressiveness via not mentioning you as a contributor in the BLM thread. Just because I didn't include you in mentioning those who contributed to the BLM thread doesn't mean I did so deliberately or with the ill-will that passive-aggressiveness implies. Passive-aggressive behavior is when you express negative feelings indirectly instead of openly talking about them. But I had no negative feelings against you. If you don't get your way with someone do you usually assume they are being negative or hostile and deliberately directing that hostility toward you?

Did it occur to you that I simply forgot about any contributions to the thread you made, or that I might have thought you didn't contribute as much as the primary contributors in the thread and only feel it necessary to mention the key players?  None of these reasons would mean I was deliberately excluding you, or that I was directing aggression (passive or not), or anything of a negative nature, against you.

Regardless of whether your comment was covertly aggressive or overtly aggressive, it doesn't change the fact you do insult people - a lot.  And, it was insulting, and I knew you were going to make excuses about your insults all-in-all no matter what and probably will continue to do so.  But, I'd ask that you please not do it.

I have never once called anyone a "Trumpie" and yes, did find that insulting among other things you've said as I do have friends who are Democrats, Republicans, Ex-pats, or none of the above.  As you proclaim yourself a social worker, you should try doing the same.  My father was a social worker, he never would have insulted anyone ever, not ever.  He was truly an open-minded, loving person.  Learn some grace towards others.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It's funny how some people twist things to suit their own narrative. 

somehow I knew it was going to be something like that so I just had to peek

I tried to watch as little news as possible today.  The last few days have been one thing after another, this way and that way.  Makes your head spin.

You really didn't miss much. More "Biden rigged the election", "Trump is pulling off a slow motion coup!" I swear the only people profiting from this are Trump and the Media, having people glued to the television.

Biden looks to be leading Trump by 14,000 votes and they're going to do a recount....by hand.

Over 5 million votes....by hand. They'll probably be done by Christmas....Then Trump can demand another recount...this time by machine, so.....it'll be done by January.

https://www.kmov.com/election-results-2020-georgia-north-carolina-still-havent-declared-a-winner/article_4b0da7b0-288a-5788-9a53-114289a61b51.html?block_id=985911

Edited by Janet Voxel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

  But, I'd ask that you please not do it.

 

Uh oh..now you've gone and poked the bear.

I have friends who are one both sides as well.  We've been able to agree to disagree without insulting each other.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel insulted by your accusation of passive-aggressiveness via not mentioning you as a contributor in the BLM thread. Just because I didn't include you in mentioning those who contributed to the BLM thread doesn't mean I did so deliberately or with the ill-will that passive-aggressiveness implies. Passive-aggressive behavior is when you express negative feelings indirectly instead of openly talking about them. But I had no negative feelings against you. If you don't get your way with someone do you usually assume they are being negative or hostile and deliberately directing that hostility toward you?

Did it occur to you that I simply forgot about any contributions to the thread you made, or that I might have thought you didn't contribute as much as the primary contributors in the thread and only feel it necessary to mention the key players?  None of these reasons would mean I was deliberately excluding you, or that I was directing aggression (passive or not), or anything of a negative nature, against you.

Expand  Expand  

Regardless of whether your comment was covertly aggressive or overtly aggressive, it doesn't change the fact you do insult people - a lot.  And, it was insulting, and I knew you were going to make excuses about your insults all-in-all no matter what and probably will continue to do so.  But, I'd ask that you please not do it.

I have never once called anyone a "Trumpie" and yes, did find that insulting among other things you've said as I do have friends who are Democrats, Republicans, Ex-pats, or none of the above.  As you proclaim yourself a social worker, you should try doing the same.  My father was a social worker, he never would have insulted anyone ever, not ever.  He was truly an open-minded, loving person.  Learn some grace towards others.  

Fairre, after Janet said she felt a special bond with me, Beth, and someone else due to what we experienced on the BLM thread I responded to Janet by saying:

"I remember that time fondly -- you, me, Beth, and lets not forget Pussycat, fighting for the BLM cause against the world"

~~~~

And then you responded to my expression of special bonding I felt with Janet, Beth, and Pussycat on that thread by saying:

"Wha?  There were a lot of other people making strong suggestions on ways to fight.  I'm the one who looked into it and found out qualified immunity could very well be unconstitutional and suggested started propositions which were met with a lot "it won't help" answers; nothing will ever change attitudes.  Scylla started the thread and deserves a great deal of credit.  The one who posted about us needing to over-turn the qualified immunity was a very brave person for informing us of that, plus other things....I can't quite remember who now.  But, it wasn't just 'you four'.  There were many people in the thread who were quite helpful too who were involved in inworld events.  Plus, more...so, I am like what...?"

~~~~~~~~~~

And then you subsequently defended the above position as well as what "fight" meant to you by declaring to Molly I was passive-aggressive to people.

Anybody on these forums has a right to feel special bonds with any other person on any thread. Just because you were left out of this mentioned bonding does not mean I am doing anything passive-aggressive to you. Like I said, to be passive aggressive is when you express negative feelings indirectly instead of openly talking about them, but I had no negative feelings for you however and was only expressing a special bond with others in that thread. This bonding I felt doesn't mean any other person's contribution was not important (like your contribution with 'special immunity') -- it only means there were reasons I felt especially connected with others during that time.

Your bringing up the fact that I sometimes call people Trumpies has nothing to do with what I'm confronting you about. It doesn't matter if I call people Trumpies, or even if I flipped out and started noxiously insulting after every person's post on the forum -- this is not what we're discussing here but you can certainly start another post to address it. 

The issue I raised, and that I feel offended by, was you saying I was doing something aggressive by not including you in the people I felt most connected with in the BLM thread. But I can't help who I feel close to, plus not including you within those people is not aggressive.
So stop calling me aggressive because I felt more connected with others during that time -- it's insulting to do so. 

Edited by Luna Bliss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Fairre, after Janet said she felt a special bond with me, Beth, and someone else due to what we experienced on the BLM thread I responded to Janet by saying:

"I remember that time fondly -- you, me, Beth, and lets not forget Pussycat, fighting for the BLM cause against the world"

~~~~

And then you responded to my expression of special bonding I felt with Janet, Beth, and Pussycat on that thread by saying:

"Wha?  There were a lot of other people making strong suggestions on ways to fight.  I'm the one who looked into it and found out qualified immunity could very well be unconstitutional and suggested started propositions which were met with a lot "it won't help" answers; nothing will ever change attitudes.  Scylla started the thread and deserves a great deal of credit.  The one who posted about us needing to over-turn the qualified immunity was a very brave person for informing us of that, plus other things....I can't quite remember who now.  But, it wasn't just 'you four'.  There were many people in the thread who were quite helpful too who were involved in inworld events.  Plus, more...so, I am like what...?"

~~~~~~~~~~

And then you subsequently defended the above position by declaring to Molly I was passive-aggressive to people.

Anybody on these forums has a right to feel special bonds with any other person on any thread. Just because you were left out of this mentioned bonding does not mean I am doing anything passive-aggressive to you. Like I said, to be passive aggressive is when you express negative feelings indirectly instead of openly talking about them, but I had no negative feelings for you however and was only expressing a special bond with others in that thread. This bonding I felt doesn't mean any other person's contribution was not important (like your contribution with 'special immunity') -- it only means there were reasons I felt especially connected with others during that time.

Your bringing up the fact that I sometimes call people Trumpies has nothing to do with what I'm confronting you about. It doesn't matter if I call people Trumpies, or even if I flipped out and started noxiously insulting after every person's post on the forum -- this is not what we're discussing here but you can certainly start another post to address it. 

The issue I raised, and that I feel offended by, was you saying I was doing something aggressive by not including you in the people I felt most connected with in the BLM thread. But I can't help who I feel close to, plus not including you within those people is not aggressive.
So stop calling me aggressive because I felt more connected with others during that time -- it's insulting to do so. 

I don't think you heard a word I said anyways nor are open to it because you think I am finding you at fault.   You have a pattern of insulting people - for months.  

Sometimes certain things should be said.  But, enough has been said both ways.   Really, it has.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FairreLilette said:

I don't think you heard a word I said anyways nor are open to it.  

Sometimes certain things should be said.  But, enough has been said both ways. 

Indeed, likewise, and you are blocked along with about six others.

You're blocked because you can't respond to my feelings when I say you offended me by calling me a name -- passive-aggressive. All you'd have needed to do was apologize for calling me an unwarranted name, but instead you chose to empower yourself via getting on the "let's gang up on Luna" scapegoating train.

Adios

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Biden looks to be leading Trump by 14,000 votes and they're going to do a recount....by hand.

Over 5 million votes....by hand. They'll probably be done by Christmas....Then Trump can demand another recount...this time by machine, so.....it'll be done by January.

Per the article that you linked, the recount is expected to be completed by Nov 20th, definitely before the end of this month.

None of the states' laws allow for a second recount request by anyone.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If someone continually posts, with nobody else posting between their posts, does that mean they are talking to themselves or just on some wild rant?

 

Personally I have been wondering for a while if such continual posts are the handiwork of a paid political shill who is remunerated by the number of words or posts, posted. It would in some part explain the absolute closed mindedness to any other viewpoint even from people within the same party if they are not mouthing the same extreme narrative. The subverting every thread into their specific platform regardless of the wishes of the OP,  LL mods or even the community as a whole, begs the question of whether such an individual is just strongly opinionated or has an ulterior motive for doing so. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...